• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Oh hey here's the breakup text. "I hate to do this, but i just dont see us working out. We aren't anything alike and i just don't feel much of a connection with you. I'm sorry. I'd love to be your friend though."

;-;

Damn, that's harsh.

You got a friend in my, pal. Try not to let this get you down.

So I'm watching Chip and Ironicus play through the Metal Gear games to refresh my memory in light of TFP and now I wish I hadn't because I had forgotten how terrible of a character Rose is. I mean, everything about her is dumb and the Colonel is just as bad for allowing her to be there.

"Sna- Uh... I mean, Raiden, this is the Colonel speaking. We're sending you on a top secret mission to stop the terrorists. In fact this mission is so super duper secret NOBODY, not even the Navy SEALS team we sent to save the president, can know you're there!

Anyway, your usual field operator is out of commission so we put effort into finding the least qualified and only person with a conflict of interest on the planet to fill in. That's right, it's your girlfriend Rosemary. She has no notable experience to speak of, she'll take it on herself to 'stand up for you' against me, your boss, for no real reason at all, make unwarranted demands and ignore direct orders as soon as they're given. Not only that, she'll bother and distract you with petty passive-aggressive reminders about some anniversary you forgot about. Talk about pussy-whipped Raiden. What's up with that? To get back to the point though, you're just gonna have to deal with it. Colonel out."

So I'm watching Chip and Ironicus play through the Metal Gear games to refresh my memory in light of TFP and now I wish I hadn't because I had forgotten how terrible of a character Rose is. I mean, everything about her is dumb and the Colonel is just as bad for allowing her to be there.

NO, BUT DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT DAY IT IS TOMORROW, JACK?

Rose was a much better character,
when we didn't know if she was real or not.

MGS4, once again, retroactively ruining past games.

THAT'S OK, I'LL JUST KEEP ASKING UNTIL YOU REMEMBER. YOU BETTER BE DONE WITH THIS SUPER IMPORTANT AND DANGEROUS MISSION BY TOMORROW THO. BUT NO RUSH, JUST WANT YOU TO BE SAFE.

Rose was a much better character,
when we didn't know if she was real or not.

MGS4, once again, retroactively ruining past games.
This is all MGS2 bro. Can't remember if MGS4 made her even worse. (Didn't pay much attention to MGS4)

Nordicus

Oh hey here's the breakup text. "I hate to do this, but i just dont see us working out. We aren't anything alike and i just don't feel much of a connection with you. I'm sorry. I'd love to be your friend though."

;-;
The relationship was long distance right? Heh, been there. Look at it this way, the breakup could have been worse. I have my own little RealGAF story about that. In the end there's plenty of fish in the sea

Xiraiya

Good morning BestGAF, I have some steak and chips to heat up and a new episode of Ghost Adventures to watch.

;-;
I'm really sorry to hear about that, it sounds like you guys just weren't that compatible, it sucks but someone out there will be far better for you.

tumblr_mfxzjdsdsJ1rjdfiso1_500.jpg

;-;
Sorry to hear that man
Good morning BestGAF, I have some steak and chips to heat up and a new episode of Ghost Adventures to watch.
Good morning
I mean is it a shooter or..?
But also sometimes you are running around with a sword and it is like an action game

THAT'S OK, I'LL JUST KEEP ASKING UNTIL YOU REMEMBER. YOU BETTER BE DONE WITH THIS SUPER IMPORTANT AND DANGEROUS MISSION BY TOMORROW THO. BUT NO RUSH, JUST WANT YOU TO BE SAFE.

This is all MGS2 bro. Can't remember if MGS4 made her even worse. (Didn't pay much attention to MGS4)
MGS2 Grand Game Plan

Read this if you haven't.

Steel Ball Run spoiler
15,000 m sprint race is really great. Kinda odd that Diego doesn't have any supernatural ability considering he's Dio.
Also, Gyro is more main character-esque than Johnny is.

Oberon

Banned

;-;

Woof, sorry to hear that buddy

Here's the full version of the berserk op, it might cheer you up a bit

But also sometimes you are running around with a sword and it is like an action game

One of the weapons is a drill
228px-Ki_card_drillarm.jpg

;-;

oh man. Sorry to hear that bro. We're here for you.

Woof, sorry to hear that buddy

Here's the full version of the berserk op, it might cheer you up a bit
Jeeze, don't put the guy through more suffering.

Well I just found out the girl I was interested in has feelings for someone else. That's fun.
Damn dude, that sucks, I can relate. Though hey, at least you can stay good friends, right?
;-;
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. I wish i could say something better than this.
it would be hilarious, but a certain "mrgoodwil" would probably lose his mind
Those games are cool enough that it'd be bittersweet, but if we don't get Revengeance 2 I might go cry in a corner.

Xiraiya

I have an Ex who I was pretty good friends with for a long while after things ended, we just weren't compatible and there was no attraction or anything like that at least from my side, she knew Beloved fairly well and still handled the news of us being together far better than some of our former "friends" did, which was the most depressing part, that someone like her could find the kindness to be genuinely happy for us but friends who weren't as close to either of us got so salty.

It was way too similar to that whole part of Criminal minds where
Reid's girlfriend had the stalker who was super twisted and jealous of her and wanted what was hers, only no one was in any actual danger.

Top Bottom