• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

From the sub-reddit, source in pic:
CwFOkpb.png

Okingjrr

Well I just found out the girl I was interested in has feelings for someone else. That's fun.

Oh hey here's the breakup text. "I hate to do this, but i just dont see us working out. We aren't anything alike and i just don't feel much of a connection with you. I'm sorry. I'd love to be your friend though."

;-;
Aw man, all this RealGAF, just when I was listening to Last Train Home
Sucks to hear that guys.
It sadly didn't work out this time, but remember

I really don't care for the current JoJo ED.
I would have rather something like This as an ED.
The current one is actually kinda tonally appropriate. The whole "Journey around the world and now we're all friends together" angle actually kinda comes together in Stardust. It's one of the things that makes it more than JUST stand battles and hype fights. Not much, but something.

Though, I also just like how Araki himself chose it.

Rose
Was real before and after the events of the game, basically, it was just during the mission only that they used a fake Rose to fuck with Jack.
my interpretation was that everything, even the ending was questionable since Snake being there after he just jumped into the Atlantic to chase liquid but then magically appeared right in front of Jack. also how the entire crowd seemed pretty chill even though a giant space ship just crashed through half the new york skyline

ultimax

I don't think that's really an unreasonable opinion to have, I liked MGS2 a whole lot and get what Kojima was going for, but MGS3 just felt like a more solid, cohesive and enjoyable experience to me.
I love 3 and all, but i just found the story in 2 much more interesting, and i loved the setting that was the big shell. I also really really loved Raiden's character.

We're in the same boat. I also like 2 more than 3.

The meta-narrative stuff is my favorite. I live for that shit.
That last sequence in MGS2 was just so great.

I prefer the "future/present" timeline games over the big boss ones. But still, phantom pain is going to be the best thing ever and i cannot wait

ultimax

MGS2 is pretty good, but it has a lot of things that makes me not love it. The bosses, the swimming sections, Rose, etc.
i actually like Rose and those codec conversations, but maybe im just a sucker for romance-y stuff like that
MGS2 is one of my favorite games of all time. I love MGS3, and the rest of the series, sans MGS4, but the toned down narrative and the safe storytelling knocked it down a peg.

Yep, i can agree with this

Xiraiya

my interpretation was that everything, even the ending was questionable since Snake being there after he just jumped into the Atlantic to chase liquid but then magically appeared right in front of Jack. also how the entire crowd seemed pretty chill even though a giant space ship just crashed through half the new york skyline

I didn't think too much about it, everything was in slow motion, but people were running all over the place freaked out so it seemed like there was an appropriate reaction, Rose was CLEARLY real before the game took place and while it is kind of weird she was there at the end in the streets. It was implied earlier that the real Rose had been found and set free from the Patriots hence how she was able to come and meet him at Federal Hall, I figured Otacon had something to do with that as Snake was the one to gesture to Raiden that she was there, but it sounded like she had seen everything that went on.

Nothing more.

ultimax

Oh yeah, her asking me what day it was tomorrow 100 times really tugged on my heartstrings.
shhhhhhh. its fine!
I don't blame you, but yeah, that happens whenever a song is used on something popular.

Armstrong is the coolest guy. Best metal gear antagonist.
Easily.
Its almost like Rising is the best Metal Gear game

You're not wrong, but i also feel the need to dropkick you in the face at the same time

Xiraiya

RISING was fine, it definitely didn't feel like a real part of of the series but was still good enough for me to be okay with it being canon.

Xiraiya

I can't compare them, I think it's ridiculous to do so as they're so different, but I have always adored how MGS games play.

I also really like how RISING feels.

I can't compare them, I think it's ridiculous to do so as they're so different, but I have always adored how MGS games play.

I also really like how RISING feels.

Yeah, the Metal Gear games feel really good to play, even if some aspects of their gameplay is outdated.

I do feel that MG2 plays better than MGS, tho.

I'm about to start Jack Reacher. Any opinions on it?

I had a lot of fun watching it with my Dad, but we were late to the movie and missed the opening scene and the set up so we weren't really sure of plot guy's innocence. This actually made the movie more enjoyable for my Dad and I

ultimax

Actually to be serious, I hate Stealth games with a passion, and Ground Zeroes is the first time I've cared about gameplay in a Metal Gear game other than Rising.

O-Oh you d-dont?...t-thats fine i g-guess....

I love being a stealthy bastard in games. i dont think i've ever killed anyone in a metal gear game

Xiraiya

When I think about it, I've played the MGS series right through more than like any other series I think.

I played MGS1 right through, twice
I played Twin Snakes to the end 3 or 4 times (People hate on it, but I feel like MGS2/3 changed the series in such a way that Twin Snakes blends with those games better than the original MGS1 does, stupid nintendo exclusive, I wanted all 3 in HD)
I played MGS2 to the end about 4 times (I had it on PC and it ran well)
I played MGS3 to the end twice, in the middle of my 3rd time.
I've beaten MGS4 twice, I was doing the Big Boss run on the 3rd time but something distracted me from finishing it.
And I've played Peace Walker to the end once, still on-going as there is a ton of optional shit, but now I don't feel that compelled to completely finish that game since your save will have no bearing on MGS5 in any way.

Top Bottom