• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

semisonic

Banned
We know Araki names characters and stands after music references, but are kakyion and avdol named after anything?

SSB4 and secondary in Brawl

I actually like him in Sm4sh because of his meteor smash and bair. He's no robin, but still fun.
As for brawl, it's gross anyways
kappa
but not really tho
so I can't really judge.

So apologies in advance for the art spam, but since people were talking about Demi-fiend and Raidou, they basically have the coolest crossover art ever.
hQ51qEL.jpg

Wm52M1M.jpg

2VaiB4T.jpg

pXNgvkc.jpg

eIgFdXk.jpg

NDFGNti.jpg

Numb

i'd give a shit about the superbowl if the players were doing sick moves like in Eyeshield 21.

Only experience i have with american football. Then i watched one superbowl game one time and was impressed by how long it was. Only experience with baseball i have is with Major too.

mike0dude

Only experience i have with american football. Then i watched one superbowl game one time and was impressed by how long it was. Only experience with baseball i have is with Major too.

Watching real football is more like watching an episode of Captain tsubasa than watching eyeshield 21.

I actually like him in Sm4sh because of his meteor smash and bair. He's no robin, but still fun.
As for brawl, it's gross anyways
kappa
but not really tho
so I can't really judge.
He was super good in brawl, latching pikmins on to your opponents for days until they limited it to 3. But I guess that just makes him more of a up close fighter now.

so Majora and Monster Hunter come out next week
which one are you guys playing first?
ill prob alternate between the two

I feel like being on portable will hurt Majora's Mask. Like the 64 version, no matter how good this remake is, will still be the one to play just because you can play it on a tv. Same reason I haven't tried Oot remake yet.
And sadly, I have no hype for Monster Hunter.

Numb

Apex has soo many Sheiks, Diddy kongs, Fox, Greninjas and ZSS and if Sakurai having no intentions to patching the game is true does that mean Sm4sh will be in the same spot as uMvC3 with the same characters being chosen all the time? evo top 8 with just diddy kong maybe

I might have to change my favorite LP this go around from Silent hill to Mario...

in ranking order for the LP lineup it goes for me
1.Super Mario RPG(kinda hope it goes on the rewards site for Club Nintendo in Feb so i can play it, otherwise emulator time)
2.No More Heroes(played and beaten both of them as of yesterday)
3.Parasite Eve(ill play it eventually)
4.Silent Hill 2

360pages

Apex has soo many Sheiks, Diddy kongs, Fox, Greninjas and ZSS and if Sakurai having no intentions to patching the game is true does that mean Sm4sh will be in the same spot as uMvC3 with the same characters being chosen all the time? evo top 8 with just diddy kong maybe

The sad part is...it still more characters being picked compared to a lot of Melee. Though I still think this is the most balance Smash game to date, where outside of Diddy there is no grossly over powered or better characters.

Smash still has patches announced that haven't been released so the game may change in the future

360pages

in ranking order for the LP lineup it goes for me
1.Super Mario RPG(kinda hope it goes on the rewards site for Club Nintendo in Feb so i can play it, otherwise emulator time)
2.No More Heroes(played and beaten both of them as of yesterday)
3.Parasite Eve(ill play it eventually)
4.Silent Hill 2

Really? I think Silent hill is second, and moving No More Heroes to third with Parasite Eve being last.

I think the novelty of Eve wore off to me.

Also, finally saw the entire story of No More Heroes, I will say it easily has a better narrative (Mostly because there is a lack of one) but No More Heroes 2 has better bosses and gameplay.

The sad part is...it still more characters being picked compared to a lot of Melee. Though I still think this is the most balance Smash game to date, where outside of Diddy there is no grossly over powered or better characters.

Eh, not really. Melee is really diverse.

Well there's definitely going to be some sort of balance patch when mewtwo comes out, so it could change then.
I've always wondered what smash would be like if you could tech grabs.

Also, finally saw the entire story of No More Heroes, I will say it easily has a better narrative (Mostly because there is a lack of one) but No More Heroes 2 has better bosses and gameplay.

Are you saying better boss fights or better boss characters? Because the characters in 1 are by far more interesting from a writing and design standpoint. They're actually given time to establish their personalities and the exchanges between them and Travis are much more in depth.

Numb

Smash still has patches announced that haven't been released so the game may change in the future

Oh sweet. i hope they are balance patches though not another 8 player maps being enabled for play. Harada can help too if Sakurai is not up to it but Harada might be too busy making the other 5 jijillion games he is on.

All i ever wanted was Tekken X Street fighter but it seems like it ss too much to ask.

demidar

Eh, not really. Melee is really diverse.

I was watching the Melee top 8s and there were Foxes and Marths with the odd Falco.

There's a lot of Diddy Kongs but also other characters like Rosalina, Sheik and Sonic. The diversity is better, but Smash 4 is also less optimized since it's only been out for a few months.

360pages

Are you saying better boss fights or better boss characters? Because the characters in 1 are by far more interesting from a writing and design standpoint. They're actually given time to establish their personalities and the exchanges between them and Travis are much more in depth.

It terms of gameplay, considering each boss in No More Heroes 1 represented a trope and how twisted said Trope would be if it actually was put into our lives.

No More Heroes itself is very much a challenge to us as gamers an game creators about what we put in our games and how often we kind of glaze over the 'why' when we play games.

Games is probably one of the few media that actually doesn't require context for what is happening on screen. Travis words against Holly about trying to give meaning to everything is rather telling.

360pages

Also, like Earthbound, No More heroes is very much a Narrative that can only be told Via game. It wouldn't' work in any other form of media.

Also, like Earthbound, No More heroes is very much a Narrative that can only be told Via game. It wouldn't' work in any other form of media.

No More Heroes could very easily be a twelve episode anime. There're enough cutscenes and fights to fill that easily and it could potentially be better than the game, considering you wouldn't have to actually play it.

Zenfalcia

No More Heroes could very easily be a twelve episode anime. There're enough cutscenes and fights to fill that easily and it could potentially be better than the game, considering you wouldn't have to actually play it.

It can actually work really well if it's paced about 1 fight per episode and sprinkle some of the game's elements in between.

Top Bottom