• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Geeky/Nerds I've always been super friendly/appreciate.

Being on the other side of the dichotomy, a jock once removed, you start to see past the facade of macho bullshit and you're surrounded by emotional man children who are sometimes more insecure that the most weeb of weebs.

Zenfalcia

Care to enlighten? Curiosity kills me sometimes. :p
I'm so lost on this.

I.. kinda get it? Maybe? D: It could be as simple as you liking Naoto with long hair from the detective x manga... or deeper?
An explanation would help
Huh, I wonder what you all think of me.

Probably WHO?

I don't have the ground swell as most of you.

WHO?

Lately? You're that guy who's been posting everything late. :p Step it up senpai.
Good riddance, Nico hatin' scumbag.

Just kidding, nanners! If you're reading this I quite enjoy you!

Nico x Maki tho. The truest ship that he hates with a passion.
Right as we started this cuddle puddle too.

I admit it yo, I'm all kinds of dense.

I once looked for my friend for 15 minutes and gave up and then got a text saying "Why did you stare right at us several times and then leave"

Wasn't the cuddle puddle partially due to his ban?
I mean in real life. I've come to terms with it (although it wasn't a huge struggle, more like "Oh, seems like I'm a masochist." and just continued on with my day).

BestGaf is real life. :p What else can you really do?
I just go with the flow.

Which is usually a raging torrent. With my reading speed, I'd probably be trapped 2-4 pages behind at all times.

You mean you don't read the past posts.. tsk tsk.. for shame.
Only crazy frienders read the backlog... like me.

Animated_heart5.gif

PM'd

we're really feeling it

You win, but you don't have to PM it to me. I don't make any effort to hide anything. I'm just retarded about telling people things about me, mostly because I get embarassed but partly because I like seeing people guess.

I.. kinda get it? Maybe? D: It could be as simple as you liking Naoto with long hair from the detective x manga... or deeper?
An explanation would help

The irony in canadians PM and your avatar makes me laugh.Guess!

Here's a hint that even the most dense person can get. Take the character in my avatar's plot element and invert it.

sjay1994

You're the perfect form of snark meets funny.

Like YesMan Kablam.

...So, you are saying that I am the ultimate lifeform

I can't stop ironically liking shadow. I should contact a medical supervisor.

You have always been cool doc.

You are super active when you're around. I think you're killing yourself with your insatiable hunger for new releases.

You're a nice guy though. I like you.

Oh god, my hunger for new stuff is insatiable.

Imo, you are awesome. I might actually spell your name correctly.... with one l.

you do know i post lewd avatars just to fuck with you guys right?
i got bored though
i can get a gf easy, im super confident
im just lazy as hell

You took that joke really far, tho.

I really need to find a main in ultimax.
Gonna ask one of you frienders to just sit down with me and fuck around one of these days until I'm all set.
Romars I'm looking at you
I probably carried in enough p4a yu and kanji to float by at least but I want to get gud again.

Dude I literally have too much time on my hands, id be glad to spend hours just playing ultimax with someone.

dragonzord/green ranger was way cooler.
dragonzord_print_by_kaijusamurai-d4fkx95.jpg

What'd I just say a few pages ago? My night is totally blank, I'm totally up for some Ultimax right now.

You win, but you don't have to PM it to me. I don't make any effort to hide anything. I'm just retarded about telling people things about me, mostly because I get embarassed but partly because I like seeing people guess.
OH I GOT IT

YOU
R DAD WORKS AT NINTENDO!
Just wait until I get Flower, Sun, and Rain, then I'm gonna be taking this whole thread on a Suda 51 trip.
Oh, nice. That game is weird as shit from the few minutes I watched, so I'm pretty damn curious.

...So, you are saying that I am the ultimate lifeform
I can't stop ironically liking shadow. I should contact a medical supervisor.

You have always been cool doc.

Imo, you are awesome. I might actually spell your name correctly.... with one l.

You all that you, all that you are.

He totally was. My favorite was blue growing up though.

Alright guys I'm going to try and finish Madoka. Only 3 episodes left.
mine was always green but just because I my favorite color was green as a kid, I didnt like power rangers as I kid, I still dont really care for sentai.
my current fave color is black and red.

Also that sounds like me. I hope when I turn 20 I still act like that.

I'm 22 and I still act like that. I hate when people assume you have to get boring when you get older. So few people want to have fun anymore.

Being on the other side of the dichotomy, a jock once removed, you start to see past the facade of macho bullshit and you're surrounded by emotional man children who are sometimes more insecure that the most weeb of weebs.

I love the fake macho bullshit as a joke, but when I see people do it for real I get a little depressed.

semisonic

Banned

I'm not sure if you've been reading "do you guys like me"gaf, but we aren't much better.
But still, I feel for you, man. At least I'm at RIT, surrounded by cool nerds.

Ok, I just didn't want to post anything in public without your approval.

sjay1994

Lord knows I'm not reading 3 days worth of posts. Fuck that.

Probs have more than me.
I know you, and I think you are a swell guy. Thread wouldn't be the same without you.

Thanks man, you are also a cool guy. You will go far in this thread.

I like you man. That's all I got to say.

Ever since I saw your weird orc? avatar I said to myself "this dude is probably great".

You are like my guidance councilor, helping me get of that bad crack.

I'm 22 and I still act like that. I hate when people assume you have to get boring when you get older. So few people want to have fun anymore.
I see my friends doing just that, is all. I'm more just worried we're gonna end up too busy for bullshit. Maybe we'd just have to plan things to get together.

Aw geez, thanks. I'm honestly really happy to hear I'm fun to talk to from people.

You guys are really nice <3

Yeah man, no reason to grow up and become boring. There are times where you need to act like an adult but that doesn't mean you need to have a stick perpetually stuck up your ass.

Ok, I just didn't want to post anything in public without your approval.

S'fine. I don't care if people know anything about me. I wouldn't hint towards things I did. I treat it like a game because it makes things easier. Nothing worse than people walking on eggshells because it makes you feel like a freak.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
That's what they all say!

Just found a post when I was depressed during my crunchyroll days. I'm waaaay better now btw. The first part was just a rant about stuff, but this part is still kind of true, but I've matured from there. I wrote this last year around this time.

READ AT YOUR OWN TOLERANCE FOR ANNOYING TEENAGE SADNESS:
I've been seriously depressed lately, and am really just a wreck. I have been under a lot of pressure from my friends, who tell me that I am not good at understanding other people and their emotions, and that I don't really have any emotions of my own. I do have emotions, I get sad, laugh, feel happy, all that good stuff, but I guess I just don't act or react the way I'm supposed to. People tell me that so and so likes me, and they want me to ask them out or whatever, or they ask me out, and I say no. I don't know if its out of reflex and my fear of rejection, or is it because of something else? I have been thinking a lot lately, and that is probably not good at all. I haven't been talking to other people about my problems and that just made them fester inside of me like a disease. I've been thinking a lot about how much I care about other people. Would I miss them if they died? If they got sick, would I be worried? If they were sad, would I care? Do I help them because that's what I think you are supposed to do in this situation? I don't know. I think that outside of my family, there isn't one person I actually care about at all.
RELEVANT PART:
...My friends are just something to do, something fun. If I don't care about anyone, how can I have a girlfriend? Isn't that the whole point? You care enough about somebody and BAM they are girlfriend potential? I don't want a girlfriend who I don't care about, and just use to pass time. That doesn't feel right. But then what is right? What is wrong with me!? I should care about some people, I have spent years of my life with them. But I don't give a damn about their well being at all. What does this say about me? What is wrong with me!?

Now I just find it hard to get physical and extremely close to a girl I like, so I settle on the friend stage instead. Baby steps...

Need all the tips.
I watched some FAB matches but he makes the character look S tier.

Have you discovered how awesome slidehead is yet? Not only can it shut down a keep away characters game right quick, you can spam it and trick players into jumping into the air super [though that trick is bordering on scumbag tactics, admittedly]

sjay1994

WHO?

Lately? You're that guy who's been posting everything late. :p Step it up senpai.

You mean you don't read the past posts.. tsk tsk.. for shame.
Only crazy frienders read the backlog... like me.

Until I git gud, you can all call me slowjay.

Also, I should probably give thread 3 a look. I should understand the shameless saga.

Ever since I saw your weird orc? avatar I said to myself "this dude is probably great".

You are like my guidance councilor, helping me get of that bad crack.
You mean the techies one? He's a goblin! Get good m8. You really should stop playing destiny. It's bad for ya.

OH YEAH WELL MY DAD
is dead.
Wait
For real? I'm sorry to hear that.
S'fine. I don't care if people know anything about me. I wouldn't hint towards things I did. I treat it like a game because it makes things easier. Nothing worse than people walking on eggshells because it makes you feel like a freak.
I'm still stupid about this, but whatever it is, I really doubt there's anything short of thievery or murder that would make me think any differently of any of you guys.

Zenfalcia

Lord knows I'm not reading 3 days worth of posts. Fuck that.

Do it tho!

The irony in canadians PM and your avatar makes me laugh.Guess!

Here's a hint that even the most dense person can get. Take the character in my avatar's plot element and invert it.
You love my random avatar.

You sound exactly like me. Telling people straight is kinda embarrassing and takes some of the fun out of it.

Something about looking like a girl but actually a guy? I mean I haven't even gotten to Naoto in P4 yet so I dunno any more than she's a genius detective.. What if you're a dumb criminal!! OH MY GAAWWDD!

Now I just find it hard to get physical and extremely close to a girl I like, so I settle on the friend stage instead. Baby steps...

That's pretty much how I am. I don't want a girlfriend for the sake of having a girlfriend. If I meet someone that I enjoy spending time with and there's a mutual attraction, then hey, I'd love that. But, I'm not going to force myself to spend time with someone I don't like just for sex and appearances of having a girlfriend.

I don't need to be in a relationship to feel like a successful human being, like some people seem to.

semisonic

Banned
Something about looking like a girl but actually a guy? I mean I haven't even gotten to Naoto in P4 yet so I dunno any more than she's a genius detective.. What if you're a dumb criminal!! OH MY GAAWWDD!

You know she's best girl. And that's all you need to know.

Just found a post when I was depressed during my crunchyroll days. I'm waaaay better now btw. The first part was just a rant about stuff, but this part is still kind of true, but I've matured from there. I wrote this last year around this time.

READ AT YOUR OWN TOLERANCE FOR ANNOYING TEENAGE SADNESS:
I've been seriously depressed lately, and am really just a wreck. I have been under a lot of pressure from my friends, who tell me that I am not good at understanding other people and their emotions, and that I don't really have any emotions of my own. I do have emotions, I get sad, laugh, feel happy, all that good stuff, but I guess I just don't act or react the way I'm supposed to. People tell me that so and so likes me, and they want me to ask them out or whatever, or they ask me out, and I say no. I don't know if its out of reflex and my fear of rejection, or is it because of something else? I have been thinking a lot lately, and that is probably not good at all. I haven't been talking to other people about my problems and that just made them fester inside of me like a disease. I've been thinking a lot about how much I care about other people. Would I miss them if they died? If they got sick, would I be worried? If they were sad, would I care? Do I help them because that's what I think you are supposed to do in this situation? I don't know. I think that outside of my family, there isn't one person I actually care about at all.
RELEVANT PART:
...My friends are just something to do, something fun. If I don't care about anyone, how can I have a girlfriend? Isn't that the whole point? You care enough about somebody and BAM they are girlfriend potential? I don't want a girlfriend who I don't care about, and just use to pass time. That doesn't feel right. But then what is right? What is wrong with me!? I should care about some people, I have spent years of my life with them. But I don't give a damn about their well being at all. What does this say about me? What is wrong with me!?

Ah jeez more real gaf.

Let me just tell you that a lot of people question themselves about what they care about and really its hard to understand what it means to care about someone or something.
As for the whole girl thing thats how I feel, I want someone who I care about and truly love, someone to have fun with is a friend, a girlfriend is a friend but oh so much more, theyre someone who might become ypur wife and youll be spending the rest of your life with them hopefully.
But thats just my outlook on things.

Anyone here play Dying Light on PC and able to tell me about the co-op experience? The Dying Light OT doesn't move at lightning speed like this one, unfortunately and I need something to convince me Techland has redeemed itself and I should buy it.

semisonic

Banned
That's pretty much how I am. I don't want a girlfriend for the sake of having a girlfriend. If I meet someone that I enjoy spending time with and there's a mutual attraction, then hey, I'd love that. But, I'm not going to force myself to spend time with someone I don't like just for sex and appearances of having a girlfriend.

I don't need to be in a relationship to feel like a successful human being, like some people seem to.

polnareffhighfive.gif

Wait
For real? I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm still stupid about this, but whatever it is, I really doubt there's anything short of thievery or murder that would make me think any differently of any of you guys.
Eh its fine
it took a few years to find out he was abusive to my mom and i kinda hate him for it.

sjay1994

You mean the techies? He's a goblin! Get good m8. You really should stop playing destiny. It's bad for ya.

I did
until that next "expansion" comes out. Like I said I super fucked up by buying the digital deluxe edition

I am playing ReMake now, and eventually Grim Fandango.

I do need something to play in febuary. I don't want to get evolve since playing the hunters sucks, and all the dlc shenanigans with it.

I might get the order... just to quell my hunger for new games for a while.

I'd like to help more, but I'm kinda the opposite. I can't say much on not caring for people. That said, you don't need a girlfriend to be happy, and really, being happy is attractive.
Eh its fine
it took a few years to find out he was abusive to my mom and i kinda hate him for it.
Well that's shitty as hell. I'm sure you feel weird about it, I wish I was better at knwoign what to tell ya

I did
until that next "expansion" comes out. Like I said I super fucked up by buying the digital deluxe edition

I am playing ReMake now, and eventually Grim Fandango.

I do need something to play in febuary. I don't want to get evolve since playing the hunters sucks, and all the dlc shenanigans with it.

I might get the order... just to quell my hunger for new games for a while.

Get dying lught if you want that mirrors edge fix. Cause that's what I'm gonna do.

Well you should have hinted harder, now I feel like a dick for the "Beloved is the only one willing to suffer through this thread" jokes :p
Jk of course

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Ah jeez more real gaf.

Let me just tell you that a lot of people question themselves about what they care about and really its hard to understand what it means to care about someone or something.
As for the whole girl thing thats how I feel, I want someone who I care about and truly love, someone to have fun with is a friend, a girlfriend is a friend but oh so much more, theyre someone who might become ypur wife and youll be spending the rest of your life with them hopefully.
But thats just my outlook on things.

I have something similar to that philosophy.

I've calmed down a lot and matured a lot since then. My friends say I've changed 300%. For the better, of course. Life is looking good.

Top Bottom