• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

That's the weird anime with the
ghosts following around and one of them trying to fuck that girl,
right? I remember you starting with that show a long time ago. Did it end up being a decent, fun show?

Really fun show with some really heartwarming moments. I fully recommend it.

WOAH WOAH... Phrasing! They're just all haunting her, that's all!

Well... One of them's entire gimmick is wanting to fuck her, but it's not really creepy and it's more just dumb.

Archgan

Time for some late, super late, and why-am-I-even-bothering-it-is-so-late replies

First off, I read all the stuff last night and was wondering what people's impression of me are, even though I don't really post that much. If anyone wants me to give my impression, just ask.

Final episode [of Madoka].

So Madoka became god. Ok. It was an interesting way to give a semi-happy ending. I am going to get shit for this but the ending to Lightning Returns was very similar. I prefer endings that don't have to go into the crazy rewriting the universe nonsense So to me it was just ok. Overall I did like the show. It didn't give me the feels like it was hyped up to. The only thing that really got to me was Mami's death. Mainly because she was the fucking coolest.

Should I watch all the movies or just the 3rd one?
I had a similar reaction to the story. I didn't really feel any feels throughout the show.
I didn't even really feel anything at Mami's death because I was spoiled on that scene and knew her death was coming from the beginning.
We talking about turning ourselves into robuts? Day one baby. I would get the full Adam Jensen treatment.
I was thinking about what sort of robot stuff I would get and I think the only bits I really care about are enhanced sensing. I feel like there is a lot of stuff that your brain does that was necessary when we were caveman, but aren't needed now. Like when you touch something hot, for example. All we really need is the automatic reaction to get away, one message saying that your hand is hurt and not to touch anything with it., and another to tell you when your hand is healed. But that would involve messing with the brain.
That reminds me of this one time I was playing hide and seek with my friends in this massive yard at night with flashlights and my one friends stared right at me hiding in a bush with a flashlight in hand but I didn't move and somehow he missed me. We made fun of him for hours.

Oh, and this was like 6 years ago. We were all 20+ years old playing hide and seek. Get on my level.
I was once playing hide and seek at my friend's house. He had a relatively small house so to make things harder, we turned off all the lights and closed the curtains. It was still relatively easy to see, though. I could find a place to hide so I just crouched down near an end table and in front of a closet door. My friend walked within inches of me, didn't see me, and tried to open the closet door. At that point, I thought it was obvious that he knew where I was because I was in the way of the door so I said, "Shhh, I am a lamp." He was completely startled and actually tripped backwards.
C4p7EwK.png

heres a Avatar someone can use.
Think I'm going to use this for a bit.

Zenfalcia

Fact: MSG stands for Makes Stuff Good

Truest facts.
Really fun show with some really heartwarming moments. I fully recommend it.

Well... One of them's entire gimmick is wanting to fuck her, but it's not really creepy and it's more just dumb.

Well.. yeah... ;_;

Talking about the breaker huh... I hope you're reading Breaker of new waves.

I just noticed your avatars egg yolk. I don't understand.

It's something.
No phrasing issues here. One of them literally says it out loud.

Yeah... yeah...

Time for some late, super late, and why-am-I-even-bothering-it-is-so-late replies

First off, I read all the stuff last night and was wondering what people's impression of me are, even though I don't really post that much. If anyone wants me to give my impression, just ask.

I was thinking about what sort of robot stuff I would get and I think the only bits I really care about are enhanced sensing. I feel like there is a lot of stuff that your brain does that was necessary when we were caveman, but aren't needed now. Like when you touch something hot, for example. All we really need is the automatic reaction to get away, one message saying that your hand is hurt and not to touch anything with it., and another to tell you when your hand is healed. But that would involve messing with the brain.
I think you're very polite. I think that's right adjective for it. I also think you're one of the bigger actual SBF fans in the group. We should set up SBF trivia. Like everybody, I like talking to ya/reading your stuff.

I think pain dampeners would be sweet. I wanna be Raiden.

That moment you realize
the character you've been playing as was the biggest douchebag ever and was primarily responsible for causing the current state of the world. Yuri Lowenthall's so good as an asshole.

"You're really something, you know that? You can't just manipulate people to do whatever the hell you want!"
"Oh, can't I now?"

It really was that.
Finding out you were the world's biggest asshole and you've played through the game where Serph has been pretty damn cool. The whole reveal just gives you a massive perspective over the events of DDS1 as well.
Then you get the cool ass fight with True Heat. And Serph's return and it was all very cool.
And oh jeez. Everyone just keeps dying and it sucks. I thought Roland was difficult, then Argilla got me hard, but then Heat? This game is being evil to my emotions.

Also, a general gameplay question
Now I've got Serph back, is there actually a point in using him? I kinda want to for style, but I don't think it is worth it. Plus Serph is lv39 and Sera/Gale/Cielo are all lv44.

Psst, play Digital Devil Saga.
Hail Hydra

I love that in everything where they're both drawn, Pat's girlfriend is like 2 feet taller than him even though she's only like 2 inches taller

Archgan

He can't be creepier than Plauge.... can he?

After spending some time on his tumblr, I realized his art makes him seem creepy, but he seems like a nice guy (who really enjoys using anime reaction gifs).

I just realized that if you removed the part about art, this applies to a good number of people in this thread.

After spending some time on his tumblr, I realized his art makes him seem creepy, but he seems like a nice guy (who really enjoys using anime reaction gifs).

I just realized that if you removed the part about art, this applies to a good number of people in this thread.
Ayy lmao

Top Bottom