• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Zenfalcia

I love the way that show looks. Need to get to starting it.

The anime looks great, it's quite different from other series and kinda looks like a manhua.
That was the first anime I ever watched as it aired.

It taught me a lot about why you shouldn't go into an anime expecting an actual ending. Or any sort of resolution.

It was one of my first shoujo anime that i watched as it aired. Especially not slice of life romance animes... If you REALLY care, you can read the manga, like i did, or I can just spoil it for you.
For me,
Seryu
is what's holding them
(Jeagers)
back. They need more characters like Bols and Wave for this trope to be effective to me.

It's too one sided imo, like crazy people on one side and "normal" people on the other. That's not too bad for a straight action series, i guess.

It really was that.
Finding out you were the world's biggest asshole and you've played through the game where Serph has been pretty damn cool. The whole reveal just gives you a massive perspective over the events of DDS1 as well.
Then you get the cool ass fight with True Heat. And Serph's return and it was all very cool.
And oh jeez. Everyone just keeps dying and it sucks. I thought Roland was difficult, then Argilla got me hard, but then Heat? This game is being evil to my emotions.

Also, a general gameplay question
Now I've got Serph back, is there actually a point in using him? I kinda want to for style, but I don't think it is worth it. Plus Serph is lv39 and Sera/Gale/Cielo are all lv44.

Psst, play Digital Devil Saga.
Hail Hydra
Well, to put it simply...it doesn't really matter whether you
start using Serph again or continue to stick with Sera.
Actual story reason:
Serph and Sera combine into a hermaphrodite named Seraph, so instead of two characters with the same powersets, it's back to one.

Zenfalcia

I do love it, and I might even show that to that girl, depending to how she reacts to prison school.

I have been reading a manga about BDSM

Here's the side story and here's the horrible anime adaptation.

Exactly. I can't enjoy any scene with her in it because she's already developed too far in one direction to be entertaining

If you really care about the series, read the manga. It's a lot better imo, due to better pacing and some more background story.

Numb

Well, to put it simply...it doesn't really matter whether you
start using Serph again or continue to stick with Sera.
Actual story reason:
Serph and Sera combine into a hermaphrodite named Seraph, so instead of two characters with the same powersets, it's back to one.
I really want a new DDS game.

I got a friend who refuses to play because of the cannibalism and absorbtion of enemies even though he loves SMT games.

Oberon

Banned
YEAH YOU'RE READING IT. What do you think about it so far?

First off all, the main girl looks a lot like the one from Bra girl. Which is at the same time good and a bit irritating. I was suprised how tame and slow it is. I takes its time to explain the different tools and their fonctionalitly, and It can get really romantic at times. I don't really see the point of Tachi other than getting Nana jealous, even if she seems way more into it

Zenfalcia

I might pick it up either after the adaptation ends or where any differences between the two begin

No spoilers, but the adaptation goes off and writes its own story about half way through the 24 or so episodes. So, I'm told. I haven't actually finished the show, so ehh.
First off all, the main girl looks a lot like the one from Bra girl. Which is at the same time good and a bit irritating. I was suprised how tame and slow it is. I takes its time to explain the different tools and their fonctionalitly, and It can get really romantic at times. I don't really see the point of Tachi other than getting Nana jealous, even if she seems way more into it

It's the same artist as Bra Girl.

Jman014

OH MY GOD ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!
Someone-gonna-get-cut-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-31363121-500-250.gif

croten

Uh, nunchuck in my left hand, my thumb on the stick, index finger resting on the C and Z button and the rest of my fingers gripping the nunchuck. For the wii remote, thumb on the A button, index finger on B button and the remaining three finger gripping the remote. I sit on my couch and rest my arms on my legs, but I have to twist my right wrist to get the cursor to go neutral.
I used to do a lot of stuff with it, but that was years ago. Nothing artistic, just a lot of game, character and stage editing.

I meant more about the position you are holding it. It sounds like it's an issue with the placement of the sensor

I actually really like how he draws girls/women, especially that pouty thing but that's just me. She a girl that's annoying but not because she wants to be, she's just trying to be close to them/a good friend. You would fucking break walls if you read 50 Shades after reading this

Shackzam

Glad i am not the only one getting into this late.

I wonder if you RC Hammer fall if Potemkin buster is guaranteed or heat knuckle extend if airborne unless they burst

Most likely heat knuckle has a better chance. I'm not sure about Potemkin buster. It has this weird range I can't get down.

Okingjrr

Oy, don't remind me.
Have you tried rewatching it though? I like it better now than when I was a kid. I realize why it was canceled back then, it's too smart for kids.
No, I haven't actually.
A lot of cartoons where too smart for kids back in the day. We had a discussion about it a couple of pages ago.

So I just called this number the hotline miami developers posted on their twitter and I think it confirmed a march release date
HYPE!
Oh shit, I fucking dying over here!

Numb

Most likely heat knuckle has a better chance. I'm not sure about Potemkin buster. It has this weird range I can't get down.

im in practice right now and all i am trying make it consistent. PB is harder than HK. even when i try to do the buster i do his 6A anti air move. Is there an easy way to do his PB without it turn into his anti air

Top Bottom