• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Hey, are you on MobileGAF? Cause it lies. Me and Zen are only like 10 posts apart.

TIIIIME TO REALLLIIZZZEE
I DON'T WANNA HEAR WORDS ANYMORE
DEAD MEN SYMPATHIIIIZZZZEEEE

Wait what it does? Well what the fuck then. Well from what I see, you have around 920 and the second is TechnicaUS with about 680. Damn MobileGAF, it's becoming Woolie.

Jman014

Well if you can find the ZONE of a certain tumblr account, I'm sure you'll find it.
6Lgv6RD.gif

Check your inbox

GlassEmpires to the rescue. I was a bit too afraid to send the link.

OH. Well thank you.
That's probably what's going on right now.

cwqxiQZ.gif

Probably.
I'm actually serious. Read the TOS
B. Considering the real-time nature of NeoGAF, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of NeoGAF LLC or any entity associated with it. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

Xiraiya

By default, Vbulletin doesn't give you any sort of functionality into viewing/reading user PMs no matter what level of administration privileges you have.

Xiraiya

Sounds like an oversight. I can understand not doing so due to the massive size of the forum and the lack of manpower to monitor messages, but literally being unable to do so seems weird.
Not at all, Vbulletin licenses cost money to use/hold and it's more of a thing to give some protection and privacy to users if in case the forum is run by people who may intend to abuse it.
I'm sure somewhere out there that there are plugins for that sort of thing, but NeoGAF in general is very barebones/basic as far as VB forums go.

I assume there's some sort of plausible deniability for staff if there were extreme examples of bad stuff in PMs since no one can access them to know what's going on other than the users sending/receiving them.

A user has to report the PM.

Jojo part 4 spoilers

He's punching spaghetti. Punching spaghetti. This is stupid. It is actually the dumbest. I goddamn love jojo so much.

sjay1994

Guys, I am not really feeling like replaying reMake. I dunno, I feel like one playthrough was enough for it.

Might as well move on to Grim Fandango.

Also

tumblr_nj3yvg25Gz1u9hsvdo2_400.gif

tumblr_nj3yvg25Gz1u9hsvdo4_400.gif

Wow that install was super quick for FF14. Well at least its there for whenever I feel like using the 30 days that came with it.

Time for more hw.

did the game have to download the Patches tho?

I don't know. I just installed the game on my dashboard, installed the update then it was done. It didn't let me go any further since I have to enter in a code, which I assume is the 30 days which I don't want to use until I have some free time.

Xiraiya

I suppose, though privacy of its users (from administrators and whatnot) didn't generally seem to be too important with forums like these. I can understand the the privacy and the monetary argument however. Thank you for the information, I didn't know about this.

Well I wouldn't disagree about privacy not being too important on most forums being about whatever anime/game stuff, but for a place like NeoGAF in particular where the userbase contains quite a number of individuals you could regard as being "famous" and so on, it's a significantly greater deal.

You're welcome.

Top Bottom