• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Flower, Sun, and Rain hasn't arrived yet. I sincerely hope it doesn't take an entire week for me to get another game from Gamefly.

But in other news, I bought Neptunia Re:Birth 1 on Steam, along with all the DLC (it was cheap enough). Anything to support this release and be sure that Re:Birth 2 and 3 make their way to Steam in the relatively near future.

croten

Oh. Go for a Spellsword.

3cfeZ.gif

Woof. That gif does things to me.

I don't know. I just installed the game on my dashboard, installed the update then it was done. It didn't let me go any further since I have to enter in a code, which I assume is the 30 days which I don't want to use until I have some free time.

You're still going to have to get the patches, and that's an evening of waiting.

Xiraiya

Huh. Vbulletin is actually priced pretty decently.
Maybe if we ever get locked I'll make superbestfans.com :p
Vbulletin is super good, Beloved and I worked on a site for awhile.

Also I know you're kidding around, but a forum is not the kind of thing you seriously want to start without reliable people that you can trust in the long run to not get overwhelmed emotionally and start causing drama and so on, otherwise it gets a bit messy.

Vbulletin is super good, Beloved and I worked on a site for awhile.

Also I know you're kidding around, but a forum is not the kind of thing you seriously want to start without reliable people that you can trust in the long run to not get overwhelmed emotionally and start causing drama and so on, otherwise it gets a bit messy.
You mean in terms of moderation staff and/or people present on the site?

Beloved

Staff.

Users are always going to present problems at times, that goes with the territory but that's what staff is for.

But having problems within the staff, is much more serious and detrimental in the long run.

Damn customers trying to rip me off and make me go out of business.. So, Recettear is a fun "game"..
I don't know if i should be happy or sad.

So... is it like an atelier game but instead of making items, you sell them instead? Cause that's how I'm picturing this game right now

Xiraiya

Administration staff primarily.

Moderation staff is less of a deal as you just promote long term active members who have a history of not being troublemakers or seem to have a good sensible head on their shoulders/are particularly active in one part, or at least that's how we went about it.

There ya go.
Hanks ym bda
Staff.
Users are always going to present problems at times, that goes with the territory but that's what staff is for.
But having problems within the staff, is much more serious and detrimental in the long run.
Ah yeah, then for sure. Even simple things I've been apart of in the past like gaming servers had drama between users and staff, and within staff. That's basically a recipe for self destruction.

Xiraiya

You're always going to have problematic posters.

I've seen some real pieces of works before, Members who gain too much influence with staff while going off site talking about being able to get rid of other members they don't like and so on due to their influence.
It can spiral into some anime tier villainy sometimes if someone is messed up enough.

I've seen poor staff cause serious harm to forums in the past, so I'm sure they mean staff. You're always going to have problematic posters.
Administration staff primarily.
Moderation staff is less of a deal as you just promote long term active members who have a history of not being troublemakers or seem to have a good sensible head on their shoulders/are particularly active in one part, or at least that's how we went about it.
Yeah. That's a big distinction too, between admins and mods. I think, and I'm still not serious, but having a single owner of the site is basically the only way to go about it.
Lets just stay on GAF
It easier that way :)
I'm not serious y'know.

I've seen some real pieces of works before, Members who gain too much influence with staff while going off site talking about being able to get rid of other members they don't like and so on due to their influence.
It can spiral into some anime tier villainy sometimes if someone is messed up enough.

I feel like after that forum I want to have a Kyle Broflovski speech about what I learned today.

mike0dude

:|

Zenfalcia

Yeah, gotta be careful. They'll almost basically rob you of your money if you let them.
It's fine! I'm not even near the top 10.

Damn kids! Don't come in a store if you can't buy anything!

I'm 30~ away from Mrgoodwil. ;_;
So... is it like an atelier game but instead of making items, you sell them instead? Cause that's how I'm picturing this game right now

Yep, it's basically an atelier game, but more emphasis on selling stuff.

Xiraiya

Yeah. That's a big distinction too, between admins and mods. I think, and I'm still not serious, but having a single owner of the site is basically the only way to go about it.

I'm not really inclined to disagree, starting with a group of 3 or 4 people at the top doesn't work, if you take too much control, resentment occurs amongst the others, if you try to compensate for everyone, everything gets scrambled and nothing gets done, it's more work than it's worth to balance it out.

Having one person, or two people who are like-minded enough as the ones with the "absolute final say" makes for a more cohesive structure in my opinion.
But people instinctively assume dictatorship and all have their own version of "I would do better". and so on, so it's never really win/win, you just have to deal with it until they get over their issues.

semisonic

Banned
Oh jeeze

I'm thinking about going all out on Okcupid to find a single girl who wants to hang out on Valentines Day.

Give me your friender energy.

Oh my
be sure to be disturbingly specific about the physical and personality attributes of your true love and also bring nothing to the table
Godspeed, friender.
Godspeed.
Now I have to find a crazy girl.

Challenge accepted
You're on okcupid
they're all crazy

Purge their servers! DO IT VINDALOO CHICKEN!

Why would I want to purge a site I had a hand in creating. :x

Really though, Xi's right. There really is no win/win situation when a forum is run by a group of people. The best you can hope for is that the staff are grown up enough to not bring their issues onto the forum itself where everyone else can see.

Just dont be like this guy
tumblr_nc16p7pCt41tvuufho1_500.png

But why tho

Zenfalcia

Why would I want to purge a site I had a hand in creating. :x

Really though, Xi's right. There really is no win/win situation when a forum is run by a group of people. The best you can hope for is that the staff are grown up enough to not bring their issues onto the forum itself where everyone else can see.

But why tho

Some people like to see the world burn.

Top Bottom