• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Numb

Honestly, I think I just won because I have more experience. Your execution seems better. So, I'd suggest you try to learn Potemkin's hammerfall break into grab. It's a little too hard for me to do, but you might clean up with it. It's basically that RC combo you do, without using the meter.

Mixing me up with sweeps then a launcher into aerial combo is something ill steal from you.
I failed everytime i try to do hammer fall into grab but you pull the grab off raw several times.

I-Its not like I like this thread or anything...
tumblr_inline_nix0wjvQ2C1rxz5up.gif

I just remembered that on the weekend of Persona 4 Arena's release, myself and a friend did a 48-72 Hour livestream of Just games, and during that time, we wanted to see how many times we could win in a row with just auto combo Yu. We ended up winning like 29ish matches in a row doing nothing but auto comboing and proper footsies/spacing.

semisonic

Banned
Yo zed dormmates want to play smash
next time we fight i still won't have a fucking half health combo down like you do.
Or maybe I'll just learn a combo. Any combo.
p4uu yu is weird and dumb and okay.
I'll stick with him for now

Started Neptunia Re:Birth, and in the first five minutes I think this is the closest to series has ever gotten to infringing on an actual trademark by mentioning Soul E***. Especially hilarious with the characters censoring themselves when saying it.

Also, Melissa Fahn and Cristina Vee continue to be so cute and entertaining as Nep-Nep and Compa. So good.

Started Neptunia Re:Birth, and in the first five minutes I think this is the closest to series has ever gotten to infringing on an actual trademark by mentioning Soul E***. Especially hilarious with the characters censoring themselves when saying it.

Also, Melissa Fahn and Cristina Vee continue to be so cute and entertaining as Nep-Nep and Compa. So good.

I only played the first Hyper Dimension Neptunia. Wasn't that much of a fan of the dungeon crawling.

Dammit Ultra, I want to play you and guy gud but your net code is so bad and no one plays you on PS3 or PC. Ono better be telling the truth when he said the net code was a big focus in SF5. We shouldn't have to worry about a small player base as well as long as the game is good

Yo zed dormmates want to play smash
next time we fight i still won't have a fucking half health combo down like you do.
Or maybe I'll just learn a combo. Any combo.
p4uu yu is weird and dumb and okay.
I'll stick with him for now
He super broken, I dont like him personally.
And perfect cause my niece just stole my ps3

semisonic

Banned
He super broken, I dont like him personally.
And perfect cause my niece just stole my ps3

Yeah, he's broken, but not really in a fun way.
Crossup shenanigans were my favorite in p4a, and I thought the system was well suited to it.
It's just now I feel like I'm playing a different character with the same moveset, and I don't like it as much.
Ah well, I guess I'll just learn Risestick to Xrd.
I'm just trying to find something to give me the same rush as before.

Seems kind of odd that they'd give Minazuki teleports and combos that extend into behind the back. He's definitely a strong character, but if he fucks up on the teleport he's wide open. I don't think he's too OP and he's not as good at rushdown as normal Sho, who has combos that go on forever.

Yeah but leo's cool and fuck minazuki and his 3 minute pressure strings

If you think Minazuki's pressure strings are bad, try fighting Sho. I don't think he doesn't have a single combo that can't link to another combo. Its ridiculous.

I also just wish Leo wasn't DLC boss because his design is fucking awesome, but his range is just too fucking big for how much damage he puts on. At least Sin has the food bar.

Yeah, he's broken, but not really in a fun way.
Crossup shenanigans were my favorite in p4a, and I thought the system was well suited to it.
It's just now I feel like I'm playing a different character with the same moveset, and I don't like it as much.
Ah well, I guess I'll just learn Risestick to Xrd.
I'm just trying to find something to give me the same rush as before.
All they really did to yu was up his damage WAY too much.
Maybe try yosuke? Hes super flippy, or minazuki/sho.

semisonic

Banned
All they really did to yu was up his damage WAY too much.
Maybe try yosuke? Hes super flippy, or minazuki/sho.

Yosuke's fun but oh my god it's tiring to try and play him.
My brain can't handle all these flips.
Fuck sho and his 3 minute strings.
I actually might go with rise because I like some of her status shenanigans
and the rhythm game is the trollingest

Top Bottom