• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

ultimax

Yosuke's fun but oh my god it's tiring to try and play him.
My brain can't handle all these flips.
Fuck sho and his 3 minute strings.
I actually might go with rise because I like some of her status shenanigans
and the rhythm game is the trollingest
I main Rise. She's a lot of fun but it took me quite a while to git gud with her. she feels a lot weaker than the rest of the cast, but it's fiiiine.

semisonic

Banned
I main Rise. She's a lot of fun but it took me quite a while to git gud with her. she feels a lot weaker than the rest of the cast, but it's fiiiine.

I don't mind.
I played terumi for fuck's sake. You can't get much worse than that. Actually, on that note, I played BRAWL GANONDORF.
Low tiers are no problem
I also played junpei badly for a bit before I realized my old practice with yu would do more for me. Plus the feeling of getting run-cockblocked by throws and bursts was the absolute worst.

ultimax

That's how I am with Platinum in BlazBlue. She's one of the worst characters but is just so fun that I don't care.
Man I can't wait to try out blazblue when it comes out on ps4
I don't mind.
I played terumi for fuck's sake. You can't get much worse than that. Actually, on that note, I played BRAWL GANONDORF.
Low tiers are no problem
I also played junpei badly for a bit before I realized my old practice with yu would do more for me. Plus the feeling of getting run-cockblocked by throws and bursts was the absolute worst.
Give her a shot and let me know what you think. You'll probably get frustrated with her at first, but she's really really fun. Especially when you get to troll assholes like skLa with dancing all night supers

Yosuke's fun but oh my god it's tiring to try and play him.
My brain can't handle all these flips.
Fuck sho and his 3 minute strings.
I actually might go with rise because I like some of her status shenanigans
and the rhythm game is the trollingest
I like my aigis but she can be frustrating some times.

E the Shaggy

I haven't read Berserk in awhile and the last thing I read was
the flashback of young Guts being captured
so I think I might as well see what's going on with the latest chapter then work my way back to it.

Holee shit.
Rickett in front of Griffith?? Slapping his shit?!?

How long was I asleep????

mrmyhthef

I don't mind.
Low tiers are no problem

Is Terumi really that bad now? I was under the impression that he was solid mid tier.

EDIT: But that was when the game first came out.

Numb

so I think I might as well see what's going on with the latest chapter then work my way back to it.

Holee shit.

That part is actualy very short and they get back into things pretty quickly.
The plot is actually moving very fast now since compared to before

Ilvocare

Guys. Being busy in school all day sucks. I need to know what people are doing, not electromagnetism and computers!

What's been happening since I piped in at like the early morning?

ultimax

If you're frauded by a fraud

then who was phone?
shocked-gif.gif

Played about an hour of Re:Birth, only unfortunate issue with the game is that trying to skip the victory animations after each battle before they complete causes the fucking game to crash. And with it using the traditional save point system like most other JRPGs, it fucking sucks when youi're in a hurry and everything crashes because of it. A shame, since this port is really fucking good and playing a Neptunia game at 60 FPS is something I never dreamed possible given the developer.

Everything so far still feels a whole lot like Neptunia Victory, from the battle system to the enemies to the menu systems and overworld, with some bits slightly streamlined. One thing I like is the addition of Plans, which is basically the Scout system from Neptunia except instead of being randomized and time sensitive things, it's just a list of unlockable modifiers for each dungeon. A more preferable alternative as it's not necessary to save scum for it.

Yeah, enjoying Neptunia on PC so far, despite that one crash to desktop issue and the fact that the resolution doesn't go all the way to 1080. But whatever. Hopefully difficulty spikes and RNG don't get as ridiculous as they did at times in Victory.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Can we just talk about how this track from Gurren is the most uplifting hype shit ever?

I mean, Libera Me From Hell is pretty fuckin hype, but in a different way. I like the other track better.

Archgan

Holee shit.

I actually made a reaction image based in the most recent Berserk. Minor recent Berserk spoilers. Never get a chance to use it, though and probably wouldn't due to spoilers.

There's a fight in Akame ga Kill whichs is pretty much [Stardust Crusaders spoiler]
Kakyoin vs DIO by way of Scar from FMA
and ends pretty much the same way

Ilvocare

What are your guys' favorite Anime of all-time?

Mine is Yu Yu Hakusho.

My favorite scene is definitly the Sensui Beatdown.

I'm in this really weird position where I really like anime and yet almost never watch it. I guess I'm torn between Jojo, Baccano,
Slap-Up Party: Arad Senki
anyone else's mileage greatly depends on whether you even know what it's based off, it's also not actually in the running for favorite anime at all

Top Bottom