• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Mathaou

legacy of cane
The whole TTGL soundtrack gives me goosebumps.

I really love the Surface first seen version

Gurren Lagann stands to this day as the only anime that has given me a literal hype boner.

Also, does anyone else do fist pumps when watching romance anime?
I was watching Baby Steps, and
Ei-chan runs back to wish whatserface good luck on her tennis match
and I was just going, "Fuck yeah, Ei-chan! That's how we do! You get there, Ei-chan! My man, Ei-chan! That's my boy!" while standing up and fist pumping. I do this all the time with romance shows.

Skrams

:/ Dude, spoilers. Don't embed it, and use spoiler tags

Always bums me out how this is the first thing I was told when a guy told me to watch Gurren. Might be one of the reasons I never remember Gurren as one of the best things ever. I can get super hype and have fonder memories over KLK since I watched that week to week, but Gurren, not as much. It kind of sucks.

I still enjoy it and appreciate it when I'm watching it, but it's not 110% magic for me like most other people.

Numb

What are your guys' favorite Anime of all-time?

tumblr_inline_nitcfqnJLm1qiczkk.gif

Jojo animes. upcoming combined

Neon genesis evangelion
Katanagatari

Jman014

Guys. Being busy in school all day sucks. I need to know what people are doing, not electromagnetism and computers!

What's been happening since I piped in at like the early morning?

Uh, was watching a friend play Starbound with another friend using the Steam Broadcasting thing.

I just found out that dayssincepatshittalkedleguizamo is a tumblr blog and that is hilarious.
Yoooo, holy shit that's amazing.
Gurren Lagann stands to this day as the only anime that has given me a literal hype boner.
Ey, just once again, spoilers, go get rid of that image and spoiler tag it.
Edit: Ok cool.
I love it so much, especially the last few episodes. How far are you?
Just 2 episodes into Season 2.

Started Ayesha.
The frame rate is spotty and is down right bad in the one town I have been in so far but the game looks great. The music is good and oh god I can already see how I'm going to fuck myself with this time limit. Almost any action you make takes a shit load of time. To make any item with your alchemy it takes at least a day, gathering materials from a single node takes about half a days worth of time. Oddly enough, travelling doesn't seem to take much time at all.
I don't like how other than the calendar on the screen there is no real sense of time. It takes about 5 seconds to harvest a node of something and that some how talks half a day but spending 10 minutes running around. Town or screen doesn't account for anything. It is odd

Started Ayesha.
The frame rate is spotty and is down right bad in the one town I have been in so far but the game looks great. The music is good and oh god I can already see how I'm going to fuck myself with this time limit. Almost any action you make takes a shit load of time. To make any item with your alchemy it takes at least a day, gathering materials from a single node takes about half a days worth of time. Oddly enough, travelling doesn't seem to take much time at all.
I don't like how other than the calendar on the screen there is no real sense of time. It takes about 5 seconds to harvest a node of something and that some how talks half a day but spending 10 minutes running around. Town or screen doesn't account for anything. It is odd
That just reminds me of Persona.

Ilvocare

A DARK GUNDAM? WHAT?

I NEED THIS SHOW NOW.

Every time I see anything from G Gundam, I always remember that, back when I couldn't care less about mecha, how G Gundam is the only show that really caught my attention.

It's also one of the few animes where the dub is regarded as a universal improvement over the sub, which REALLY makes me want to watch it.

Kind of weird how they renamed "Devil Gundam" to "Dark Gundam" for the West, though.

Numb

Didn't see that one coming. That's interesting, I've never met anyone who has said that about Katanagatari. It was one of the best anime of 2010 for me, but that's about it.

I stopped watching anime but then i saw sword art and the first 2 episodes brought me back but the rest was way too bad. I watched katanagatari afterwards and it seemed like the best thing

Every time I see anything from G Gundam, I always remember that, back when I couldn't care less about mecha, how G Gundam is the only show that really caught my attention.

It's also one of the few animes where the dub is regarded as a universal improvement over the sub, which REALLY makes me want to watch it.

Kind of weird how they renamed "Devil Gundam" to "Dark Gundam" for the West, though.

Also God Gundam became Burning Gundam

360pages

Dragon Ball is probably my favorite. Before Z, just the adventure and the world was so amazing. It is just fun wrapped in a nice shell that the only series that even comes close to matching that feeling is One Piece.

Your execution and connection was pretty good. Better then Romars. You just need match up experience.

Nah, I was just setting it up wrong. *cough* your conection wasn't helping me either *cough* *cough* Yeah, but I can set up right out of grab range

I'm not gonna deny I probably have the worst connection here... but with Numb I had a lot more lag then usual.
5-7 with most of you[which is apparently unforgiveably bad and the only reason I ever beat Shack apparently], and 10+ Numbitasa, which was different enough for me to start noticing it.
That said, it was perfectly fine once I got used to it.

Edit: Bebop for favorite anime.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I stopped watching anime but then i saw sword art and the first 2 episodes brought me back but the rest was way too bad. I watched katanagatari afterwards and it seemed like the best thing

I watched Sword Art Online when I had seen literally nothing. I just finished Trigun and Bebop and started watching that. It was my 3rd show and I thought it was Jesus.

Then I watched more anime and came back to it and I was all, "Wow that second part was horrible and Kirito is a mary sue."

Ilvocare

Uh, was watching a friend play Starbound with another friend using the Steam Broadcasting thing.

Holy shit, that reminded me of how I technically have a modest set-up to stream things on Twitch.

...Which is actually really bad to use now so I probably would have to start over from scratch if I wanted to stream That's So Raven for the GBA.
I don't, but the people around me do...!!

Starbound's that space version of Terraria, yeah?

That just reminds me of Persona.
This is worse than Persona, at least the days were broken up into like 3 or 4 times, here it is just a par with 10 pips or something and if you pick up an item in the environment it takes a pip away. I literally just spent 5 days picking flowers with my prospector friend in a cave and it only took about a minute. I'm going to fuck my self and I know it

Daniel Bryan is awesome.

SkLa is exploding right now

BUCKETS. BUCKETS EVERYWHERE.

Dark *insert pronoun here* WILL ALWAYS THE COOLEST TROPE I DON'T CARE.

Dude! G Gundam is super Hype. You need to watch it asap. It's not my favorite though.

I actually prefer more military Mecha shows to the super robot ones. Thats why Gurren Lagann, while being cool, isn't very high on my list.

I also prefer military mech shows, but there's nothing wrong with a super robot. They're fun when you just want crazy mecha action.

mrmyhthef

Picked up Yakuza 3 and Vanquish this morning, figured I should play 3 before 4 to get hype for 5 and 0. Played Vanquish ages ago but I vaguely remember sucking at it/being too aggressive and dying over and over.

Being aggressive is the only way to play Vanquish. Kinda sucks how you lose a level in your weapons whenever you die though.

This is worse than Persona, at least the days were broken up into like 3 or 4 times, here it is just a par with 10 pips or something and if you pick up an item in the environment it takes a pip away. I literally just spent 5 days picking flowers with my prospector friend in a cave and it only took about a minute. I'm going to fuck my self and I know it
Man, that's really weird.
their space colony is a giant sombrero.
Now I wanna watch it.

That shit happened a lot with Gundam. Duo Maxwell went from The God of Death to the Great Destroyer.
It's still there in the dub, it was just edited out when it was airing on Toonami during the day. During the Midnight Run none of that shit was changed, though. Probably the earliest instance of me wanting to watch TV in the evening as a kid because of how much the promos made a big deal about airing uncut episodes of the show.

Also Domon Kasshu is one of the greatest GAR Protagonists ever.
Ryoma Nagare still king though. He crushed dinosaur skulls with his bare fists and his voice quakes the universe.

Zenfalcia

Oh.. i should remember to refresh the page.. oh well.

I haven't read Berserk in awhile and the last thing I read was
the flashback of young Guts being captured
so I think I might as well see what's going on with the latest chapter then work my way back to it.

Holee shit.
Rickett in front of Griffith?? Slapping his shit?!?

How long was I asleep????

For a long time, it's the age of the pirates now. Where we follow Guts D Berserkman trying to get the one piece.

Numb

I watched Sword Art Online when I had seen literally nothing. I just finished Trigun and Bebop and started watching that. It was my 3rd show and I thought it was Jesus.

Then I watched more anime and came back to it and I was all, "Wow that second part was horrible and Kirito is a mary sue."

I prefer manga over anime actually so ranking anime was hard for me. Berserk is my fav manga and then jojo and the list ends there. If the berserk anime was as good as the jojo anime it would have been my fav. So jojo wins by default. It also helps that it is fun to watch which cannot be said about most other things.

Top Bottom