• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

image.php

you monster
The goth girl is cuter.

Squishy3

Star Road 2 is at 5PM EST today, aka hopefully Zubaz isn't a jobber. I'll be pushing it super hard when it gets closer to the air date. 16 man tournament to compete for a VGCW contract.
1Eyx0ov.png

semisonic

Banned
Sell everything and see if I can stay with a friend I guess.

I really don't have the words, man.
I hope that everything works out somehow for you, but...
Damn.
As insensitive as it sounds, good luck making peace with her passing.
It's incredibly hard to figure out what to do when you're depressed, and, well...
It sounds like you're going to need everything you've got for this.
I'm sorry I can't do more for you.

Ilvocare

So I just went through the collection of Super Bowl commercials this year. Now I have to ask...

What the fuck happened to actually entertaining advertisements? Jesus hell, it was so goddamn terrible I kept feeling queasier and queasier looking at them.

So I just went through the collection of Super Bowl commercials this year. Now I have to ask...

What the fuck happened to actually entertaining advertisements? Jesus hell, it was so goddamn terrible I kept feeling queasier and queasier looking at them.
I had a long drawn out argument with a friend over her complaining that they shouldn't have shown that one depressing life insurance commercial.

Anyway, yeah whatever, they're normally pretty entertaining, but in the end they're still ads, and it's not like they're a product. I find it hard to be upset over that. Disappointed? Sure.

Ilvocare

I had a long drawn out argument with a friend over her complaining that they shouldn't have shown that one depressing life insurance commercial.

Anyway, yeah whatever, they're normally pretty entertaining, but in the end they're still ads, and it's not like they're a product. I find it hard to be upset over that. Disappointed? Sure.

Fair enough, but like, I was physically cringing at all the supposed "funny" ones. The Coke Internet ad and the NFL Football Hype ad kinda gave me the opposite desired effect.

Also I'm not sure how to feel about the Nationwide commercial. I thought that it was fine by itself but the context surrounding it would've gotten some people salty. Not me personally, though.

When it decides if I move a little bit or even do a move like a super. That shit is bad. If I complain about our Ultimax connection, which has better netcode. Then Guilty Gear is gonna be bad. I had a match against a Ky and it said it was 4 frames of lag, but that shit was a slide show. The connection lies, I don't care who says it doesn't. You do win matches and thats usually where I just get bodied, I'm okay with those. There are the matches where I would have killed you way earlier. That just frustrates me even if I win the match. It's the right amount of lag to fuck to fuck me up, bu I have no idea where it's gonna fuck me next.

We playing xrd at 1?

I don't get it, I'll admit, I can notice it's a little slower than like, training mode, just a bit. But the way you talk makes it sound like it's not consistent, but it's consistent on my end?
Xrd at 1, in fact loading up right now.

I am in the EU where the game is not even out. im assuming you guys are in america

Don't worry about man. I was just being an ass.

semisonic

Banned
Y'all the best frienders a guy could ask for. :)

You've got a tough road ahead of you, one I can't even imagine.
You can make it, man.
You're stronger than this.
And I'll be damned if it's going to beat you.

Just... try to be there for your nan over the week.
It's scary knowing you're about to die, even if you're ready.
Don't make her worry. You'll be fine.

Finished Chapter 1 of Neptunia Re:Birth. Doesn't seem to be a Nepstation TV summary of the chapter with Famitsu judges like in Victory, so I guess I don't have to worry about fighting against RNG for completing every sidequest that chapter. Plus I've been getting items I need for synthesizing plans pretty quickly.

That said, I had to start running the game in Compatibility mode in Windows XP because there's a scripted battle that causes the game to crash otherwise. There's always has to be something fucked up with a Compile Heart game on a technical end, though it's chosen to reveal itself through CTDs rather than shoddy framerates. It's 60 FPS and saving and loading games is practically instantaneous, so all these other problems that can result in losing tons of progress sucks.

Such is the life of a Neptunia fan. You gotta deal with some bullshit while enjoying the good stuff.

Top Bottom