• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

This isn't a bad thing when they don't look 12.

I agree

20120828_neptunia02.jpg

Fuck, looking through the DLC I bought all at once, didn't realize Plutia was a DLC character for Re:Birth 1.

She is so gonna be a permanent party member once I can get her. I need more Iris Heart.

Ilvocare

Talking about Neptunia? I wanna play a dumb JRPG but that one just looks too... well, you know.

Give into the creepiness! Watch as Neptunia gets stripped naked and bandaged by her female friend!

Every time I hear about Neptunia, I get intrigued, but then realize my turnaround time for games is abysmal and if I was planning on playing a competent 50+ hour JRPG for the creepiness it better be really fucking creepy. Like none of this secondhand "I don't want this half-chub" shit.

So does it escalate from that, or is that the peak?

See? I'm back already.
I have no idea what Neptunia even is, all I know is Aaron was hyping it up and I had money in my steam wallet. I've heard they weren't great gameplay wise but they are entertaining

See? I'm back already.
I have no idea what Neptunia even is, all I know is Aaron was hyping it up and I had money in my steam wallet. I've heard they weren't great gameplay wise but they are entertaining

Gameplay: like, a 5/10. It's okay
Creepiness: 7/10.
Fun/humor: 8/10.

It's a really good time, though it's a compile heart/idea factory game, so it has a ton of bullshit. I love it, though.

Zenfalcia

Does anyone know what's the song name for the saturday morning scrublord's theme? It's really bothering me.
Edit: I found it.. Nevermind.

Hey did you guys know one of the Red Rangers got arrested for killing a dude with a sword?

That's.. um.. something?
Nope, I'm going in blind and I want it that way. Ok foreallionaires, in going to bed now.

I just typed out "foreallionaires" it's time I got off the Internet for today

Night.

Ilvocare

Play everything in order.

I'm crazy about that, so I'm not the best person to ask.

Goodness gracious, I just looked up the fucking beginning of the plot summary. It's literally console wars, except the war is on digital piracy. The main character is rule-63 Sega-senpai and she has to appeal to rule-63 Nintendo-senpai along the way on her adventure.

How much does Liam know? How long has he been teasing this from behind the curtain?

The one from Wild Force I believe. Yeah the Wild Force one.
My mom told me today and she's like "The Red Ranger is the leader right?" and I'm like yeah why, she says he killed a dude so I ask her which one and she's like "The red one" and I'm like no which red one, there's like 20 of them, Jason? And she says "Yeah him" so I tell her he was in MMA and kind of a dick so I assumed he finally flipped his shit. It wasn't him obviously

Goodness gracious, I just looked up the fucking beginning of the plot summary. It's literally console wars, except the war is on digital piracy. The main character is rule-63 Sega-senpai and she has to appeal to rule-63 Nintendo-senpai along the way on her adventure.

How much does Liam know? How long has he been teasing this from behind the curtain?

Neptunia's story is a ton of fun.

And I think Liam has talked about them a bit. Not sure what his stance on them is.

Thats what got me interested in the first place. That all the characters are based on game companies.

Now time for the dumberest question of them all: Is it recommended to deal with this series in sequential order?
Since this is a remake of the very first game, start with this as it's a substantial improvement. Then wait for Re:Birth 2 and 3 as those are remakes of Mk 2 and Victory. Re:Birth 2's actually out on the Vita right now, but it's on its way to PC as well.

That's actually pretty cute. I might have to check this out eventually, especially over something like Huniepop.

My mom told me today and she's like "The Red Ranger is the leader right?" and I'm like yeah why, she says he killed a dude so I ask her which one and she's like "The red one" and I'm like no which red one, there's like 20 of them, Jason? And she says "Yeah him" so I tell her he was in MMA and kind of a dick so I assumed he finally flipped his shit. It wasn't him obviously
It was a shame that he flipped his shit. The red ranger from Wild Force was one of my favorites out of the red rangers. It feels weird knowing that one of the actors did something like that when they used to portray a fictional character that you used to idolize.

It was a shame that he flipped his shit. The red ranger from Wild Force was one of my favorites out of the red rangers. It feels weird knowing that one of the actors did something like that when they used to portray a fictional character that you idolized.

It's always the weirdest/worst when you find out someone you admired or whatever is a dick/asshole/scumbag. RIP the Alton Brown I though I knew

I WISH YOU WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING :(

I'm about to sleep now too.

my fault though, i didn't know you were online. I didn't bother signing in because I just assumed everyone forgot.

I don't get it, I'll admit, I can notice it's a little slower than like, training mode, just a bit. But the way you talk makes it sound like it's not consistent, but it's consistent on my end?
Xrd at 1, in fact loading up right now.

Don't worry about man. I was just being an ass.

I'll admit, it was buried in a response to Shack, but I did just say yesterday I was worried I was bugging you guys always for matches, so I just figured everyone flaked and I should let it go like a cool guy.

Ilvocare

Neptunia's story is a ton of fun.

And I think Liam has talked about them a bit. Not sure what his stance on them is.

Interesting...

No problem!

Since this is a remake of the very first game, start with this as it's a substantial improvement. Then wait for Re:Birth 2 and 3 as those are remakes of Mk 2 and Victory. Re:Birth 2's actually out on the Vita right now, but it's on its way to PC as well.

Oh God what have I done
All I wanted was a little fun

I'll keep my eyes on it/them.

Anyways, it's 2 AM right now and I have class at 11. Night!

Just found out some guy at the bar last Saturday wanted to fight my friend and I for dancing with his girlfriend after he refused to.

What's extra funny is that I towered over this guy and he would have been demolished trying to fight both my friend and I. I guess that's why he didn't go through with it.

Still, I'll never understand that. Your girlfriend wants to dance, you refuse, so she dances with someone else. What's the problem here? Nobody's fucking on the floor, it's super innocent and fun.

I'll admit, it was buried in a response to Shack, but I did just say yesterday I was worried I was bugging you guys always for matches, so I just figured everyone flaked and I should let it go like a cool guy.

God damn it, I'm stupid. Guess I just got caught again like the fraud I am for not reading the posts.

My bad.

Zenfalcia

Just found out some guy at the bar last Saturday wanted to fight my friend and I for dancing with his girlfriend after he refused to.

What's extra funny is that I towered over this guy and he would have been demolished trying to fight both my friend and I. I guess that's why he didn't go through with it.

Still, I'll never understand that. Your girlfriend wants to dance, you refuse, so she dances with someone else. What's the problem here? Nobody's fucking on the floor, it's super innocent and fun.

He probably felt threatened since he thought you guys were trying to "woo" his girl.

Shackzam

I have a friend who his just like that and he got super pissed that I was dancing with his girlfriend (who is also a close friend of mine). To bad he's only like 5'5 and I'm like 6'4

He probably felt threatened since he thought you guys were trying to "woo" his girl.

I have a friend who his just like that and he got super pissed that I was dancing with his girlfriend (who is also a close friend of mine). To bad he's only like 5'5 and I'm like 6'4

If these people are so pissed off and scared then their coward asses need to open the door, get on the floor and walk the dinosaur.

Top Bottom