• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

HER VOICE IS SO GOOD. Iggy's kinda eh.
Edit: Imma listen to that one you linked
Fair enough, but like, I was physically cringing at all the supposed "funny" ones. The Coke Internet ad and the NFL Football Hype ad kinda gave me the opposite desired effect.

Also I'm not sure how to feel about the Nationwide commercial. I thought that it was fine by itself but the context surrounding it would've gotten some people salty. Not me personally, though.
I won't argue over I see where putting a downer in the middle of an event like that isn't gonna win people business, but I think it's goofy to be upset over it, those kinds of commercials are on all the time. But yeah, they're not good, I agree.

Zenfalcia

OT13s tagline should be about cuddling

It wouldn't be SBF related!!!! We can't do that!
Finished Chapter 1 of Neptunia Re:Birth. Doesn't seem to be a Nepstation TV summary of the chapter with Famitsu judges like in Victory, so I guess I don't have to worry about fighting against RNG for completing every sidequest that chapter. Plus I've been getting items I need for synthesizing plans pretty quickly.

That said, I had to start running the game in Compatibility mode in Windows XP because there's a scripted battle that causes the game to crash otherwise. There's always has to be something fucked up with a Compile Heart game on a technical end, though it's chosen to reveal itself through CTDs rather than shoddy framerates. It's 60 FPS and saving and loading games is practically instantaneous, so all these other problems that can result in losing tons of progress sucks.

Such is the life of a Neptunia fan. You gotta deal with some bullshit while enjoying the good stuff.

And you get a lot of good stuff from the games. ;)

Rizzi

I know what thats like to lose someone to cancer like that. It hurts.

Can I ask what your situation is? Do you have close friends or other family? Do you have a job?

We want whats best for you dude
All my friends live with their family or don't have any room for another person. I don't know most of my family. My father I would never speak to, let alone stay with. My mum lives with her boyfriend, and they're good people but they don't have any space either.
Unemployed.
You've got a tough road ahead of you, one I can't even imagine.
You can make it, man.
You're stronger than this.
And I'll be damned if it's going to beat you.

Just... try to be there for your nan over the week.
It's scary knowing you're about to die, even if you're ready.
Don't make her worry. You'll be fine.

Yeah, I know. My grandad died from pancreatic cancer, which was horrible to watch. I'm just thankful she's not going to suffer for as long as he did.

All my friends live with their family or don't have any room for another person. I don't know most of my family. My father I would never speak to, let alone stay with. My mum lives with her boyfriend, and they're good people but they don't have any space either.
Unemployed.

I know things are hard but you need to be proactive and start job hunting.

I believe in you.

ultimax

IM REALLY FEELIN IT

So since it seems like Romars ditched, anyone up for Smash?

75b.jpg

and sorry fool, i gotta head off now

And you get a lot of good stuff from the games. ;)
Indeed there is. Again, it's still surreal to be not only playing a competent remake of a dogshit game but also having it run at a significantly higher framerate than any of the console games could achieve.

The writing in this game continues to be pretty hilarious, and again Melissa Fahn and Cristina Vee are still worth it for playing with the english dub. Even if there's a chance that there's more voiced dialogue in Japanese (There was significantly more Japanese dialogue in Victory than there was in English).

Shackzam

I don't get it, I'll admit, I can notice it's a little slower than like, training mode, just a bit. But the way you talk makes it sound like it's not consistent, but it's consistent on my end?
Xrd at 1, in fact loading up right now.

Yeah, it's not consistent connection with me. It'll just take a small dump on me when I get a hit. Your connection is tolerable, but there are parts were it just becomes annoying. Like an example, when I get a fatal counter with akihiko and starts to go into the combo, the part where I do the double uppercut and catching you what ever normal is possible, is the hardest part of the combo because the connection shits the bed on my inputs at that part. It's 50/50 if I can get it, but once I do the rest of the combo is fine. It's probably the easiest part of the combo offline.

Zenfalcia

Indeed there is. Again, it's still surreal to be not only playing a competent remake of a dogshit game but also having it run at a significantly higher framerate than any of the console games could achieve.

The writing in this game continues to be pretty hilarious, and again Melissa Fahn and Cristina Vee are still worth it for playing with the english dub. Even if there's a chance that there's more voiced dialogue in Japanese (There was significantly more Japanese dialogue in Victory than there was in English).

You won't be able to fully enjoy those transformations and jiggle physics in anything less than 60fps.

Eugh. It would be terrible with english dub... I remember the anime being super good. :p

Nep-Nep as a name is completely ruined in English.

Alright, here's the latest VGCW intro to get people hype for Star Road 2. Should be a hell of an event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKk...jRVkjGRWRb_2yqjuQJ0k7blLI9xP3&ab_channel=fits

And then my personal favorite VGCW moments: Jontron hospitalizes Donkey Kong. AVGN wrecks Ralph up.

I am both surprised and not surprised at all that I watched all the plot and promos from that playlist. The matches themselves are kinda lacklustre but you have to blame the game for that, I can't imagine that there is much the guys who make this can do.
It happens everytime I say bye on here, it may as well be saying "I'll probably post again"

Tell me about it, I do that all the time

Speaking of which have a good one people

Top Bottom