• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

sjay1994

So i'm reading a blog post by Ross from Game Grumps about his relationship with Monty Oum. And i'm just sitting here like

vPD5S87.gif

Im still having a hard time processing he is gone, his death was literally a freak accident.

Yeah, I like the truth yo

Starting off on a dumb tangent real quick, I wanted to make burgers a while ago so I looked up if he had anything because the man knows food, but when I was watching the video I was getting weird vibes, so I watch another and he was visibly upset when a fan hugged him when he surprised her while she was cooking. So then I look something up because of that and find this. It was pretty disheartening, I'm glad I chose not to meet with him when I was younger
Its just the one best friend actually.
Whut
Are we talking about the Red Ranger that stabbed his roommate?
Were, now we're talking about people we looked up to that disappointed us

EDIT: OH MAN I DIDN'T THINK THE LAUGH WOULD GET ME BECAUSE I KNEW ABOUT IT. It did

Starting off on a dumb tangent real quick, I wanted to make burgers a while ago so I looked up if he had anything because the man knows food, but when I was watching the video I was getting weird vibes, so I watch another and he was visibly upset when a fan hugged him when he surprised her while she was cooking. So then I look something up because of that and find this. It was pretty disheartening, I'm glad I chose not to meet with him when I was younger
Fuck, I've certainly never read this.

I knew he was a pretty hardcore Southern Baptist, but damn, it still really sucks to hear he abided by those extreme values. The opinion on foreign foods is, well whatever, but those comments are fucking rough.

I met him when I was like 9 years old or some shit, and he definitely didn't pull any stuff during the presentation he gave there, but that was Southern Ohio.

Also, I looked up stuff and apparently he got quoted saying this so maybe he's better now? I'unno.
Brown said in a December 2014 interview in Time that he "could no longer abide the Southern Baptist Convention's indoctrination of children and its anti-gay stance"[36] adding that he's now "searching for a new belief system."[36]
Thanks for telling me, really. I like hearing the truth.

mike0dude

You know, Something like this could happen to a member of the zaibatsu...
Wake up dead, slip down an icy staircase, mauled by a bear, Being black in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Please don't die Guys :(

Fuck, I've certainly never read this.

I knew he was a pretty hardcore Southern Baptist, but damn, it still really sucks to hear he abided by those extreme values. The opinion on foreign foods is, well whatever, but those comments are fucking rough.

I met him when I was like 9 years old or some shit, and he definitely didn't pull any stuff during the presentation he gave there, but that was Southern Ohio.

Also, I looked up stuff and apparently he got quoted saying this so maybe he's better now? I'unno.
Thanks for telling me, really. I like hearing the truth.
I would be PR talk but I'd like to think that. I mean he doesn't seem to be a dick to kids but that was still some ignorant stuff. The dude writing that had a point though, you can respect someone's abilities despite their attitude/views/stuff
You have some homework now.
I have actual homework too, don't remind me ;-;
Damn, Monty's death is really getting to me because of just how sudden and random it was.
Did they elaborate on what actually happened? When I first heard when he was in intensive care they weren't saying much because of privacy, which is understandable
Wake up dead, slip down an icy staircase, mauled by a bear, Being black in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Canadian goose felt like taking a shit in their eye

I would be PR talk but I'd like to think that. I mean he doesn't seem to be a dick to kids but that was still some ignorant stuff. The dude writing that had a point though, you can respect someone's abilities despite their attitude/views/stuff

I have actual homework too, don't remind me ;-;

Did they elaborate on what actually happened? When I first heard when he was in intensive care they weren't saying much because of privacy, which is understandable

He had an allergeic Reaction during a simple medical procedure that put him into a coma.

Zenfalcia

You forgot about getting stuck in between beds and never getting out.

Super Best Friends will factually never end because of how sad everyone would be. They are made immortal by ancient magicks, and I'm not convinced Woolie exists as any definition of 'alive' in the first place.
That would be shit I couldn't cope with.
For sure. Man, Good Eats was the shit. Those comments he made are actually just really believable. A good portion of my extended family is like that. So I don't hate him or anything, I'm just disappointed.

Woof that's some bullshit. Like this is the kind of thing that makes you go "That's the worst luck" or "That's preordained/fate/destiny fuckery"

Super Best Friends will factually never end because of how sad everyone would be. They are made immortal by ancient magicks, and I'm not convinced Woolie exists as any definition of 'alive' in the first place.
That would be shit I couldn't cope with.

For sure. Man, Good Eats was the shit. Those comments he made are actually just really believable. A good portion of my extended family is like that. So I don't hate him or anything, I'm just disappointed.
They've already said they'll pull a Bernie's and get good at ventriloquism. And yeah, when I came across that I was like "Is this for real? This could be made up did I just come across it because I was looking for it specifically?" It was strange. I want another Good Eats type of show

mike0dude

You forgot about getting stuck in between beds and never getting out.

dude don't joke about that, It happened to me once... I was playing under my bed and popped my head out between the wall and my bed because I was stupid and it got stuck.
Had to use all my strength to push aside the bed from an uncomfortable position to pry my head out :(

Woof that's some bullshit. Like this is the kind of thing that makes you go "That's the worst luck" or "That's preordained/fate/destiny fuckery"

or its a work and sombody wanted him gone...
It's probably not because shit like this happens

They've already said they'll pull a Bernie's and get good at ventriloquism. And yeah, when I came across that I was like "Is this for real? This could be made up did I just come across it because I was looking for it specifically?" It was strange. I want another Good Eats type of show
They're probably puppets already. And yeah dude, like goddamn. I do too. Did you know that show had 14 goddamn seasons like holy shit
I think Woolie feel asleep
FTFY

Woolie spilled coke on the podcast.
It's still on time
They're probably puppets already. And yeah dude, like goddamn. I do too. Did you know that show had 14 goddamn seasons like holy shit
Remember when he pulled out that giant steak plush demo thing? I wanted to fall asleep in that steak

Zenfalcia

Thanks for making me laugh :)

Any time.
dude don't joke about that, It happened to me once... I was playing under my bed and popped my head out between the wall and my bed because I was stupid and it got stuck.
Had to use all my strength to push aside the bed from an uncomfortable position to pry my head out :(

or its a work and sombody wanted him gone...
It's probably not because shit like this happens

It's not like you died, tho. Also... you were playing under your bed.. :/

Top Bottom