• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Fuck, it's cold out here and the bus is 10 minutes late. If it doesn't come soon, i'm going home.

I forgot my coat at school, so I waited in my house and stared out the door, listening for my bus. Then I sprinted out the door and jumped on, getting the seat next to the heater and catching up on the thread on the way to school.

This one day the bus was 15 minutes late and it was -3, so I just went back inside and stayed home.

Beloved

I have awakened and Coffee has been acquired, good morning BestGAF.

tumblr_m670mtIphc1ryjk8ao1_500.gif

Well, my bus ended up being 15 minutes late and we were late to school. Me and another guy said fuck this and were on our way home when we saw it coming around the corner and ran back.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I watched like half of it on sunday cause i was sicker than hell. I forgot how awesome it was. Also, onizuka makes some damn ugly faces.

I watched 20 episodes of Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom yesterday. That show is actually amazing. I lap shit like that up.

I used it to cleanse myself after attempting to watch Speed Grapher (way to explicit and sexual - and not in a good way).

Mathaou

legacy of cane
What is it? I saw mafia shit, and I'm kinda interested.

A underground criminal organization named Inferno is trying to absorb all the gangs in the US. They have the use of a highly skilled assassin codenamed Phantom, and they use Phantom to assassinate high profile members of rival gangs. What makes the show so entertaining is watching how the assassinations are pulled off as well as watching the stellar character development. The music is surprisingly fantastic as well.

Xiraiya

A underground criminal organization named Inferno is trying to absorb all the gangs in the US. They have the use of a highly skilled assassin codenamed Phantom, and they use Phantom to assassinate high profile members of rival gangs. What makes the show so entertaining is watching how the assassinations are pulled off as well as watching the stellar character development. The music is surprisingly fantastic as well.
Inferno sounds like the dumbest gang name ever.

Xiraiya

It is, and their leader looks way too much like Pegasus from YuGiOh and is voiced by J Michael Tatum. Also, the english dub is amazing.

You know, as stupid as the dub Yugioh was, I appreciated how insanely camp Pegasus was, he was like a supervillain version of James from Pokemon.

Ilvocare

Morning BestGAF.

I wake expecting a hot cup of Friendcast but i get nothing.

My god, we're all being DESTROYED by how super on-time this Friendcast is! It's not TECHNICALLY late until it hits Noon EST I think. So in like 2 hours, if it's still not out, then it's late.

On another note, I noticed Alton Brown talk. Regardless of the opinion of the person, if you are somehow still interested in his particular brand of edutainment that Good Eats gave he has a Youtube channel that updates sporadically.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So that Scholar of the First Sin trailer...

That wasn't the current-gen footage, right? It looks barely any different. Did they even show any of the new content? What the hell is this?

Xiraiya

That wasn't the current-gen footage, right? It looks barely any different. Did they even show any of the new content? What the hell is this?

It IS noticeably different/better, however I don't feel like it's back at the level it was during the original E3 trailers, which I think is where it absolutely has to be, nothing less than that will be worthwhile.
Right now it looks like it's about 50% of the way back to original DS2.

ESPECIALLY since we can't even import our damn characters or faces.

It looked like better lighting, a few new bosses(?), and higher res textures. Edit: Xir is right that it's not what it was, still.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Podcast should get the top 10 treatment

I can't even remember 10 podcasts. Although, if someone else chose moments I'd love that. I remember 2 distinct moments from the podcast when it first started.
"50 chicks, and only one dick!" - said by Woolie in a really creepy voice about Ganondorf
"Nothing good ever comes in a bucket!"

Then the rest of the podcasts are 3 hour time bubbles that nothing escapes from.

Top Bottom