• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Xiraiya

Had soup, numbness wore off, now there is severe pain where I was injected.

I had about 4 teeth pulled around the time I started Highschool, all were a good inch or so long, tasted blood for a day and then tasted Iron in my mouth for like a month.

It was a good time.

Numb

Pat destroying the Zaibatsu with Big bull was hype but i heard the online community for the game is super dead.
big_bull_by_kingfret-d5qylfg.jpg

The only thing cooler than jet hammers are drill jet
hammers
BBCP_Kokonoe_j2C_small_zps00ecb5cf.png

Xiraiya

Hammers are lame, there are few things more disappointing than a Paladin class in a game or RPG made specifically to use hammers instead of swords or something.

ultimax

Damn, that sucks. How does it look? Was it Badly damaged?

No, you don't understand! That parked car jumped outta nowhere! It was so fast they couldn't stop!
I feel ya though. Chick backed into my car a while back while i was getting gas. Best part? She didn't have insurance.

That's always the best.

Yeesh, most nice, repentant, responsible people leave a note for whatever. That really sucks man.
I mean they did leave a note, but not having a car for a week is gonna be the biggest hassle. I'm mostly mad because the car isn't even a month old.

Hammers are lame, there are few things more disappointing than a Paladin class in a game or RPG made specifically to use hammers instead of swords or something.
Hammers are super cool
I mean they did leave a note, but not having a car for a week is gonna be the biggest hassle. I'm mostly mad because the car isn't even a month old.
Did they offer to pay for the damages or just apologize? It's still a shitty situation for sure.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Jet hammers are pretty cool.

Why is Pikachu so happy in this picture?

I love their moveset in some action games Monster Hunter, it gave me an affinity for 'em. It's at least pretty cool to hit something with a SLAB of iron.

I previously didn't really like hammers, but the Souls series and Monster Hunter have changed that a bit. The Souls by the visual design and Monster Hunter via functionality.

Numb

I don't dislike them but I never thought Hammers were actually cool or anything.

I use dual wielded axes or swords in games never hammers but whenever i see that one is propelled using jet engines i find the best. It seems so unnecessary but so awesome

Xiraiya

I hate hammers. I refuse to use one as a weapon in anything ever.
The only time I ever bother using one is if I really think it'll be absolutely necessary/useful in an RPG or something, otherwise yeah I don't want to use them.

Weapon priority
Swords
Daggers
Glaives
Fists
Axes
Spears
Hammers

I previously didn't really like hammers, but the Souls series and Monster Hunter have changed that a bit. The Souls by the visual design and Monster Hunter via functionality.
Souls hammers are pretty ok. Smough's, Demon's Great Hammer from 1, and Drakekeeper's, Gyrm's, Old Knight Hammers from 2 look sick. I wish I liked their moveset more.

Monster Hunter Hammers though? Oh they feel so good.

Beloved

The only time I ever bother using one is if I really think it'll be absolutely necessary/useful in an RPG or something, otherwise yeah I don't want to use them.

Weapon priority
Swords
Daggers
Glaives
Fists
Axes
Spears
Hammers

For me it'd be something like this:

One handed swords
Daggers
Two handed swords
Bows
Maces
Axes
Spears
Hammers
Fists

Honestly I have no preference in "coolness" or visual appeal, my opinions on weapon vary completely due to how fun they are in the game they're in

EXCEPT FOR THE FUCKING DRAGONSLAYER
Hell yeah they're gonna pay, it's like 10k to fix it..ehh whatever...I'm gonna go drown my sorrows in dengeki bunko
Best weapon will always be your fists
Ok, that's good at least. Not as bad as it could be.
That's cheating.

Out of all the heavy/big weapon types hammers are my least favourite. They just aren't as cool to me as swinging a giant sword or a big mace around.

Numb

Weapon priority
Swords
Daggers
Glaives
Fists
Axes
Spears
Hammers

What about bloodborne hammer swords?
latest

Xiraiya

I always love the concept of fist characters, but it feels like in like every RPG ever, they're fucking Chinese monks or Kung Fu characters, I don't care for that in my RPGs (There is a time and a place for Monks), I just want goddamn brawlers and badasses who are using fists because they're freakishly brutal and strong with them and not because they're a goddamn bead wearing bald guy preying to Buddha and healing you or something.

I want to see more barehanded classes/characters/skills in RPGs that are designed around being brutal and feral and not some variation of Kung Fu.

What about bloodborne hammer swords?
latest
I'm okay with that if I have no choice.

Xiraiya

Literally 99% of the reason I choose bow is because I think traditional heavy armor looks super lame and that a stylish, frilly leather outfit is way better. The coolness of the bow itself is the other 1%.

Bows are mostly uninteresting, they can be fun to use at times but if I can really have a choice then I'm never going to bother.

Haha, frilly leather... oh boy.

Literally 99% of the reason I choose bow is because I think traditional heavy armor looks super lame and that a stylish, frilly leather outfit is way better. The coolness of the bow itself is the other 1%.

Heavy armor 4 life. Walk up to enemies and they try and kill you but you too tanky.

Gravity Gun's pretty fucking good. Best guns... I really like anything semi-automatic.
The cutter is great. Been thinking about doing a cutter only play through of deadspace recently.

KumaJG

Anything exclusive to the site that I should be aware of?

Also Hammers in RPGs are terrible. Only I every use them is to get a change of pace.

I think bows are the lamest weapon out there. I haven't seen any real good designs for one, plus bowmen are always assholes in anything.

Xiraiya

Heavy armor 4 life. Walk up to enemies and they try and kill you but you too tanky.

Sword and board all the way, I don't like Havel tier heavy armor, it gets a bit stupid at that point, I love a nice middle ground, I can appreciate a really cool looking set of leather armor sometimes though.

croten

The cutter is great. Been thinking about doing a cutter only play through of deadspace recently.

Why take damage when you can just avoid it? You can't dodge with heavy armour.

Top Bottom