• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Anything exclusive to the site that I should be aware of?

Also Hammers in RPGs are terrible. Only I every use them is to get a change of pace.
They did 3 episodes if a street fighter cartoon parody called Street Fighter: Fight for Nothing. You can tell they did it a while ago but it has some good spots

Haha, frilly leather... oh boy.

hunter-set-m-large.jpg
2stylish4u

Heavy armor 4 life. Walk up to enemies and they try and kill you but you too tanky.

I'd rather kill them before they get to me, then if they do, just stylishly step out of the way.

I think bows are the lamest weapon out there. I haven't seen any real good designs for one, plus bowmen are always assholes in anything.

Greatbows, man, the raddest.

Xiraiya

I love Magnums. Particularly the "Elephant Killer"
latest
See, now you're thinking better, I can enjoy a really awesome magnum or other kind of heavy pistol.
When I played Counter Strike for years I usually went with either a Knife/Desert Eagle (No magnums sadly) combo or a Sniper Rifle/Desert Eagle combo.

Though sometimes I would enjoy a P90, Goldeneye taught me that P90's are amazing.

See, now you're thinking better, I can enjoy a really awesome magnum or other kind of heavy pistol.
When I played Counter Strike for years I usually went with either a Knife/Desert Eagle (No magnums sadly) combo or a Sniper Rifle/Desert Eagle combo.

Though sometimes I would enjoy a P90, Goldeneye taught me that P90's are amazing.

Magnums are the best, though they're usually my problem with shooters, because I come from the Resident Evil standpoint of them being the be all end all boss killler, then in actual competitive shooters, they're just kinda more guns. I'm awful at FPS', so that's probably a large part of it, but I want the magnum to be the best thing in the game but have limited-ass ammo.

Numb

Bows all da way. They kicked so much ass in Bravely Default and Dragon Quest IX

I have never used bows in games ever. So i tried in inquisition and was boring.
Even in dragons crown i went with the Warrior and the dwarf. The only time i used a bow is in trine but only because i wanted to use her indiana jones whip/rope.
Definately my least used used weapon

You P90 scrub

Looked that up, I'm a sucker for any variation on a .45 / M1911

Go play blood money

Magnums are the best, though they're usually my problem with shooters, because I come from the Resident Evil standpoint of them being the be all end all boss killler, then in actual competitive shooters, they're just kinda more guns. I'm awful at FPS', so that's probably a large part of it, but I want the magnum to be the best thing in the game but have limited-ass ammo.
Oddly, you'd maybe like how Destiny does "Hand Cannons". Clips are like 3-6 bullets and do a ton of damage, but you still have a ton of reserve and it's still modern FPS formula
Go play blood money
Backlog'd. I'll pick it up on a Steam sale.
Seriously tho, punching shit will always be better than any silly "weapon"
tumblr_m8pqpxpVUz1r4d608.gif

Xiraiya

The Desert Eagle in Counter Strike was usually an instant kill if you got a headshot on someone and still pretty hefty on the body shot, but it was slow, which is why I liked it, it was hard to really be effective with it, but a run of really precise shots meant you could down most of a team by yourself if you were lucky enough.

KumaJG

My favorite weapons in rpgs are :

Pole
2H Swords
Sword and Shield
Axes/Maces
Daggers/Tonfa
Fist
Claws

For love of good I hate spears in rpgs. Such a terribad weapon.

Ilvocare

Listening to the podcast atm. I'm confused with Liam's complaint about the camera control in STEAM. He does know that the touch screen can be used for camera control, right? I agree that using the buttons for the camera is clunky, that's why I stopped using them. And since this isn't as intense of a game as, say, Uprising, there shouldn't be any severe wrist problems.
I also don't want this to replace Advance Wars, man. Every time I think he can't jump any more guns he jumps like 5 more.

Also I was super confused when he said that Neptunia Re:Birth was $3 on Steam??? I checked now and it's $15. Maybe I heard him wrong...

Top Bottom