• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Speaking of podcasts I've been watching/listening to Jay and Silent Bob Get Old recently. Man, Jason Mewes is such a hilarious guy. He has absolutely no shame and tells some of the funniest stories and it's nice to see that the guy is finally cleaning his life up.

Oh, and evening.

Jman014

Speaking of podcasts I've been watching/listening to Jay and Silent Bob Get Old recently. Man, Jason Mewes is such a hilarious guy. He has absolutely no shame and tells some of the funniest stories and it's nice to see that the guy is finally cleaning his life up.

Oh, and evening.

Hello! :D

I need some advice. I have about 85 dollars worth of credit at gamestop, and i'm not sure wether to save it to help pay for a Wii U or pay off Bloodborne's collector's edition. I really want a Wii U, but i'm also extremely hyped for Bloodborne, and the collector's edition is only 20 dollars more, so I figured it'd be worth it. I'm also working on getting a stable job, and since a buddy of mine works at a place nearby, he's putting in good word for me there. What should I do, save up for a Wii U or buy Bloodborne's collector's edition?

I need some advice. I have about 85 dollars worth of credit at gamestop, and i'm not sure wether to save it to help pay for a Wii U or pay off Bloodborne's collector's edition. I really want a Wii U, but i'm also extremely hyped for Bloodborne, and the collector's edition is only 20 dollars more, so I figured it'd be worth it. I'm also working on getting a stable job, and since a buddy of mine works at a place nearby, he's putting in good word for me there. What should I do, save up for a Wii U or buy Bloodborne's collector's edition?

As much as I always want a Wii U, I think buying one at this point would be a mistake because we know Nintendo is already working on a new console.

o/

You love it tho

Also did anyone see the new UNS4 footage? looks like they just went all out on crazy boss fights again, not complaining

Yep I caught that. Ultimate Particle Storm is looking great though I hope they shorten that fight a bit. Lasted a bit too long during certain phases doing the same move over and over. Could have just been because the player was bad and not using cancels but who knows.

Sick double post.

Emouse

Yep I caught that. Ultimate Particle Storm is looking great though I hope they shorten that fight a bit. Lasted a bit too long during certain phases doing the same move over and over. Could have just been because the player was bad and not using cancels but who knows.

Sick double post.

Yeah I thought the same thing, probably due to that phase 2 having what 5? health bars you just end up seeing the same moves over and over again

So good, I wish CC2 redid the series other than the horrid anime team. (To be fair on them, it's over 700+ EP now)

Some kind of OVA/one off short might be nice

Numb

All that long range bullshit eh? it was cool to have variation but daaaamn it's annoying

Just pick a teleport character.
Original storm on ps3 was great. it had Jutsu clashes that were resolved with inputs and battles on walls and if i rmemeber correctly 2 ultimate jutsus per character. The others are not bad either but i try to not treat them like a traditional fighting game

As much as I always want a Wii U, I think buying one at this point would be a mistake because we know Nintendo is already working on a new console.
You're probably right, but I need to get one. Well, not really need, but really, really want. Just the thought of Bayonetta 2 being a thing and not being able to play it is infuriating. My choice here is wether to get it sooner rather than later. Besides, I usually eventually get a second console later into the generation, and since the only games on the One that I want are Killer Instinct and D4, while the Wii U has platinum games and the Nintendo staples, the Wii U is a better choice for me.

Emouse

Just pick a teleport character.
Original storm on ps3 was great. it had Jutsu clashes that were resolved with inputs and battles on walls and if i rmemeber correctly 2 ultimate jutsus per character. The others are not bad either but i try to not treat them like a traditional fighting game

Yeah yeah yeah that was awesome, you could set it to mash O or rotate analogue stick too, I played far too much of that game, the wall stuff was cool too, now it's ridiculous with the ultimates and regular moves they're tied to certain character costumes and you can't select what you want, meaning theres like 7 different Kakashis which all look pretty much exactly the same

Squishy3

They were working on a new console the minute the Wii U went gold. Hardware R&D isn't going to just twiddle their thumbs. I'd say wait until E3 to decide, imo. (Or wait for a bomba sale or buy a refurbished Wii U from Nintendo.)

Numb

Yeah yeah yeah that was awesome, you could set it to mash O or rotate analogue stick too, I played far too much of that game, the wall stuff was cool too, now it's ridiculous with the ultimates and regular moves they're tied to certain character costumes and you can't select what you want, meaning theres like 7 different Kakashis which all look pretty much exactly the same

The last 2 or 3 games seemed the same much like yearly installs so i will not be getting the new one even with old Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura from the movie. The only thing they seemed to have added nowadays is characters which is to be expected from a fanservice game.
Still really really salty with them ruining JOJO ASB

ultimax

It didn't get much better, they seperated the systems in the latest one but it doesn't help much
Yeah I skipped the last one that came out, but tried the demo and had no clue what that stuff was all about. It really doesn't matter though, I just play the games since its wayyyyy better than watching the show

360pages

Storm 1 had some really cool stuff, but at the same times some things simply wouldn't have worked properly online or would have slowed down matches to a halt. (Long Ultimates, wall fighting)

Revolution comes the closest in balance, even then there is still a lot of problems. But at least they are working to improve it.

Also, it seems that the boss battles are going to be more involved like Storm 2 ones with changes to gameplay with only a few QTEs

Man, I really want Bloodborne. But I'm being foolish and getting a N3DS
because it's my birthday, EVEN MORE CRUELLY SO, is around Bloodborne's release
. Not gonna lie, but I'm more likely to use that more than a PS4. But damn when I get a PS4 you bet the first thing I'm doing is playing Bloodborne religiously. The first game I picked up with my PS3 was Demon's Souls, because I saw it cheap and thought nothing else of it. LIKE FUCK. I picked it up because I didn't even know, I DID NOT KNOW. Then I played it and it was the best thing I'd ever played and I loved it and my god, it was great. Best game I played on the PS3 period.

Eh so... I'm sure Bloodborne will be the same. Except this time I'm already 10 inches deep on the From Soft dick
it was 15, but Dark Souls 2 made me pull out a little

. Not gonna lie, but I'm more likely to use that more than a PS4. But damn when I get a PS4 you bet the first thing I'm doing is playing Bloodborne religiously. The first game I picked up with my PS3 was Demon's Souls, because I saw it cheap and thought nothing else of it. LIKE FUCK. I picked it up because I didn't even know, I DID NOT KNOW. Then I played it and it was the best thing I'd ever played and I loved it and my god, it was great. Best game I played on the PS3 period.

Eh so... I'm sure Bloodborne will be the same. Except this time I'm already 10 inches deep on the From Soft dick
Pfft, ten inches is nothing, get on my level.

Emouse

The last 2 or 3 games seemed the same much like yearly installs so i will not be getting the new one even with old Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura from the movie. The only thing they seemed to have added nowadays is characters which is to be expected from a fanservice game.
Still really really salty with them ruining JOJO ASB

Eh they're fun to play, they do tell the story again with pretty much every numbered release which is pretty pointless, also they seem to add more versions of the same characters and not the ones people want
gimmie Anko pls

But yea ASB is even more of a fanservice game, I suspect the new one will be even moreso seeing as it's a 3D fighter, get readt for ultimate jojo storm

Yeah I skipped the last one that came out, but tried the demo and had no clue what that stuff was all about. It really doesn't matter though, I just play the games since its wayyyyy better than watching the show

Yeah I played a few hours of it and it was waaay too much, so much so that it's not fun for long bursts, but yeah still better than the show

Skrams

You're probably right, but I need to get one. Well, not really need, but really, really want. Just the thought of Bayonetta 2 being a thing and not being able to play it is infuriating. My choice here is wether to get it sooner rather than later. Besides, I usually eventually get a second console later into the generation, and since the only games on the One that I want are Killer Instinct and D4, while the Wii U has platinum games and the Nintendo staples, the Wii U is a better choice for me.

Just put the money towards Bloodborne for right now. Still get a Wii U since you should, but you don't really need it immediately. I have at least 11 physical games for it, so it's very easy to justify to myself getting one.

360pages

Eh they're fun to play, they do tell the story again with pretty much every numbered release which is pretty pointless, also they seem to add more versions of the same characters and not the ones people want
gimmie Anko pls

But yea ASB is even more of a fanservice game, I suspect the new one will be even moreso seeing as it's a 3D fighter, get readt for ultimate jojo storm

Yeah I played a few hours of it and it was waaay too much, so much so that it's not fun for long bursts, but yeah still better than the show

Yeah mostly good fun, just buy the numbered games for the story.

Numb

If you have a 3DS already it is easier to get a PS4 with bloodborne especially if had plus all this time

PbMhe5I.gif

I require little excuse to post this again

360pages

Relevant for the chat (Mass effect 3 spoilers). These are keypoints, if you want me to elaborate, tell me which parts you want for me to do so.

Nothing in your previous games matters. If you did X in one of the previous games, the game just finds a way to bring it back to the same end result either by replacing something or rewriting it. Understandable, considering it would be impossible to manage each choice separately, but don’t falsely advertise it then. Tons of the sidequests are the same shit, go somewhere, shoot something, get out. There are character moments that are strongly out-of-character, the new characters (that jersey shore frat boy and IGN reporter) are the worst ME characters of all time, the level design of its areas are merely a fraction of what they were in ME1 and even ME2 and consist mostly of straight hallways or small levels you drop into, there's a strong lack of agency throughout the entire game, the ending mechanic is terribly broken and might require online play for some, occasionally some god awful animations for a AAA game, the fucking worst example of PTSD I have EVER seen, less dialog options relative to the previous games (lots more auto dialog), they somehow managed to make the combat mechanics even worse, villains like Kai Leng are just outright terrible and constantly relying on poorly designed battles and plot armor to continue their minimal relevance in the plot and the whole game relies on its previously established characters to work; its own individual additions are beyond terrible. And yeah, the ending is worse in more ways than one and the extra addition to it didn’t fix the problem. It doesn't have the world-building quality of the first game or the impact and direness of the second game, it's just a messy ending to a poorly planned trilogy filled with melodrama and half-assed, convenient writing

So...you're saying you liked Mass Effect 1/2?

Actually writing an ending wouldn't have been too hard if hey kept everything up and with each new release had three different people play the games in different ways to try to keep everything consistent,, but that would have been a shit ton of work.

Emouse

Storm 1 had some really cool stuff, but at the same times some things simply wouldn't have worked properly online or would have slowed down matches to a halt. (Long Ultimates, wall fighting)

Revolution comes the closest in balance, even then there is still a lot of problems. But at least they are working to improve it.

Also, it seems that the boss battles are going to be more involved like Storm 2 ones with changes to gameplay with only a few QTEs

Yeah I see what you mean about Storm 1, I feel like revolution is too much, but then again managing all the systems in one fight was a bit much too, I dunno they're getting there tho

As long as the boss fights aren't too long and full of hype I'm all for it, I did enjoy attemping to get all the S ranks on the previous games, maybe they'll be a better difficulty slider this time

So, Flower, Sun and Rain. Sumio Mondo is hired to come to Lospass Island to look stop an airplane from blowing up, but upon waking up I am trapped in my hotel room by an evil spirit and the bedroom becomes a completely different layout. What follows is talking to a room service lady and spirit medium through a peephole in order to figure out how to get out of the room. Except on the second conversation, the medium runs away scared, and on the third conversation the room service lady takes a nap and wakes up to talk about weird details like the spirit ripping a hole in the hotel manager's pants and underwear. FINALLY she tells me to consult the Lospass guidebook for the puzzle solution, and I return the room to normal and room service cleans it up.

Then an airplane flies by in the scenery...and it blows up...also I was supposed to stop that from happening...

Well, failed the job, thanks a lot you fucking ghost.

Request 02 later tonight, we'll see what new time waster gets thrown towards Mondo's way

360pages

Yeah I see what you mean about Storm 1, I feel like revolution is too much, but then again managing all the systems in one fight was a bit much too, I dunno they're getting there tho

As long as the boss fights aren't too long and full of hype I'm all for it, I did enjoy attemping to get all the S ranks on the previous games, maybe they'll be a better difficulty slider this time

The only boss fight in the series I ever felt was way too long was Storm's 3 final boss. Storm 2 final boss was just right for the final.

Numb

gimmie Anko pls

They are great when it comes to making fanservice stuff but a real legit evo game needs more than fanservice.
Just imagine a Lab Zero or Iron galaxy jojo, maybe even Netherrealm?
They are western but capcom made one already and Namco was involved in ASB

Man, I can't say how wrong I was about the Souls series. I dismissed them completely for a reason I can't quite remember. Then in mid 2014, one of my cousins brings over some games he was done with, including Demon's Souls. He told me he played it, said he didn't like it and it wasn't for him, but acknowledged that it was great, just that it wasn't for him. I gave it a shot, it became one of my favorite games of all time, and now it's impossible to get me off From's dick.

Emouse

The only boss fight in the series I ever felt was way too long was Storm's 3 final boss. Storm 2 final boss was just right for the final.

I barely remember 2 but yeah the one in 3 was 3 phases? and that stuff with fight all teh tailed beasts was cool but too way too long

They are great when it comes to making fanservice stuff but a real legit evo game needs more than fanservice.
Just imagine a Lab Zero or Iron galaxy jojo, maybe even Netherrealm?
They are western but capcom made one already and Namco was involved in ASB

True true I can see that being a cool thing, maybe not netherrealm, tho why not just play Skullgirls, it has enough JoJo refrences in it on its own
jk

I enjoyed all 3 ME games for their own reasons. I was disappointed by ME3 but I still did enjoy my time playing it, if that makes any sense.

360pages

I barely remember 2 but yeah the one in 3 was 3 phases? and that stuff with fight all teh tailed beasts was cool but too way too long

True true I can see that being a cool thing, maybe not netherrealm, tho why not just play Skullgirls, it has enough JoJo refrences in it on its own
jk

I think Storm 2 overall had a better story line,

as for ASB. I think they did a decent job balancing the characters, but the problem is the games speed. Kicking it up to 60FPS would have done wonders for it.

I enjoyed all 3 ME games for their own reasons. I was disappointed by ME3 but I still did enjoy my time playing it, if that makes any sense.

I enjoyed 3 as well, mainly because it let me have a proper end to the love story of FemShep and Liara. And that was why I started playing Mass Effect in the first place.

Top Bottom