• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Emouse

I think Storm 2 overall had a better story line,

as for ASB. I think they did a decent job balancing the characters, but the problem is the games speed. Kicking it up to 60FPS would have done wonders for it.

I think storm 3 is probably my favourite due to content, the world map was nice to walk around and there was loads of stuff to do, even if it was just: walk here, do fight, repeat

Yeah 60FPS and no auto combo button and it'd be great

Numb

True true I can see that being a cool thing, maybe not netherrealm, tho why not just play Skullgirls, it has enough JoJo refrences in it on its own
jk
i do.
not enough sadly
Yeah i was trying to imagine a netherrealm jojos but coming up blank.
Zod has a stand thingy, i think

Emouse

i do.
not enough sadly
Yeah i was trying to imagine a netherrealm jojos but coming up blank.
Zod has a stand thingy, i think

He does I didn't think about that actually, I say no to neatherrealm purely because I don't think their style would fit a JoJo game? I mean I love MK but it'd be weird IMO, I can see ArcSys doing a better job with a JoJo game

Whew..what a hectic day..x.x

giphy.gif

Hot Dreams-Timber Timbre.

Go listen to it, great song to wind down to.
I'm quoting just because I want to say that I fucking love Hamtaro. It was one of the pillars of my childhood, along with DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho.

I enjoyed 3 as well, mainly because it let me have a proper end to the love story of FemShep and Liara. And that was why I started playing Mass Effect in the first place.

I actually didn't much like Liara after 2. She become too "serious" for me. FemShep is best Shep though.

I feel the same way about ME3. I don't regret playing it, but it should've been better than it was.

I keep forgetting that you played it. I've been kinda wanting to replay through the series again myself but then I remember the Human Reaper and I'm like

Rizzi

I just got back from walking my dog and I walked by a girl. She asked what I was listening to, since I was wearing big-ass headphones.

"The opening to Ore no Imouto."

Then she just looked at me and asked "Oh, what's that?"

"An anime about incest."

"Oh... Alright." Then she walked away.

m3uqU1c.gif

Wonder if it was something you said.

Numb

as for ASB. I think they did a decent job balancing the characters, but the problem is the games speed. Kicking it up to 60FPS would have done wonders for it.

Did they patch out the knockdown, throwing projectile into taunt for the unblockable combo loops?
Are there still Enrico pucci infinites that i keep seeing in combo vids?

joe2187

Banned
I feel the same way about ME3. I don't regret playing it, but it should've been better than it was.

I regretted playing 3 so much. and DA2

I loved the previous games and it made me not even give a shit about the games after finishing them to the point where I gave up on playing any Bioware game or DLC they release.

I just got back from walking my dog and I walked by a girl. She asked what I was listening to, since I was wearing big-ass headphones.

"The opening to Ore no Imouto."

Then she just looked at me and asked "Oh, what's that?"

"An anime about incest."

"Oh... Alright." Then she walked away.

m3uqU1c.gif

Should have gotten on her case for talking to you with headphones on.

I prefer sheepish scientist girl to badass master of everything girl, but she was the one through line lesbian choice, so it had to be so.

I was upset that you couldn't go down that route with Tali or Kasumi, though Tali ended up becoming kind of irritating as well.

Garrus was a total bro through and through all the way though.

360pages

Did they patch out the knockdown, throwing projectile into taunt for the unblockable combo loops?
Are there still Enrico pucci infinites that i keep seeing in combo vids?

As I recall Taunt Combos can only be done once per round and can not be looped anymore.

I also think all infinites have been removed. (Don't quote me on that) Did you play the US version? Since that one has all the patches for the JP version.

Numb

He does I didn't think about that actually, I say no to neatherrealm purely because I don't think their style would fit a JoJo game? I mean I love MK but it'd be weird IMO, I can see ArcSys doing a better job with a JoJo game

They are perfect for it but they have Persona already.

Numb

As I recall Taunt Combos can only be done once per round and can not be looped anymore.

I also think all infinites have been removed. (Don't quote me on that) Did you play the US version? Since that one has all the patches for the JP version.

No i bought the JP version on day 1. That is why everything was at its most terrible

Archgan

So I download the Recettear demo after some of you guys were talking about it. I really like the game even if though I don't care for the artstyle. I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for similar games because I think the artstyle might be too much for me. I could probably get over it, though if I can't find a game that scratches the same itch.

Xiraiya

I keep forgetting that you played it. I've been kinda wanting to replay through the series again myself but then I remember the Human Reaper and I'm like

I might replay them once I get computer stuff sorted out, I never played through ME3 after I bought it because I was doing my perfect ME2 save file still.

I think the game is terrible, but I can understand why others may like it.

I tend to have a soft spot for bad things, but I don't really think ME3 is a poorly made game by any means. When I say that though people need to understand that I consider a bad game some of the shovel ware that appears on Steam early access. Mass Effect 3 was just a disappointing game.

Numb

That's my exact reasoning, they could even made certain stand users control like shadow Labrys, though that's possibly a little too much, or maybe have it as a toggle feature or something

Maybe they are already on it and we just dont know it
i heard Shonen jump had a deal with Namco to make games for them so we might not see a non namco related jojo. i am not sure about this deal though

joe2187

Banned
I tend to have a soft spot for bad things, but I don't really think ME3 is a poorly made game by any means. When I say that though people need to understand that I consider a bad game some of the shovel ware that appears on Steam early access. Mass Effect 3 was just a disappointing game.

Terrible writing can ruin everything.

To sum it up, playing ME3 is like watching the final season of LOST.

It made everything not even matter.

Emouse

Maybe they are already on it and we just dont know it
i heard Shonen jump had a deal with Namco to make games for them so we might not see a non namco related jojo. i am not sure about this deal though

Wouldn't surprise me seeing as J-Stars Victory Vs is coming west in the summer and bamco are publishing that so yeah

So...you're saying you liked Mass Effect 1/2?

Actually writing an ending wouldn't have been too hard if hey kept everything up and with each new release had three different people play the games in different ways to try to keep everything consistent,, but that would have been a shit ton of work.
Mass Effect 3's problems stem from the fact that Bioware made a terrible choice in overarching plots and didn't fully plan out the overarching plot after they knew ME2 and 3 were going to be made. A lot of the problems stemmed from the fact that they only planned things one game at a time, so you had stupid shit like a suicide mission where everyone could die in the second installment.

People seem to not even care about that here. They constantly talk to me and others with headphones on and expect you to hear them.
I can't exagerate about how much this annoys me. People wil walk up behind me, start talking to me, notice I am wearing headphones, continue to talk to me, then act like i'm an asshole who's ignoring them.

Top Bottom