• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Squishy3

ggs i'm fucking mad i kept losing because you aren't even doing anything special and i can't do any fancy mixups because fuck potemkin's goddamn jabs

why is the heaviest character in the game having some of the fastest jabs

Nordicus

Oh, my friend has already watched up to Ippo's rematch with Miyata. I think he might be hooked now

Call me when you beat: not understanding when a girl gives you a piece of paper with "I love you" written on it, or invites you to sleep in the same tent as her.
You are officially a shounen harem protagonist

GGs my fellow Fighting Frienders, some of the best matches I've had in Xrd!

That said, man I have to say I'm not a fan of the 'it's a new thread, so post until your fingers fall off!' trend in the group. How's a guy supposed to accurately shittalk his frienders in all this spam?

Also, Shack- what happened? Was hoping you'd whoop that rando for us with Slayer! He kicked our collective asses so bad...

ggs i'm fucking mad i kept losing because you aren't even doing anything special and i can't do any fancy mixups because fuck potemkin's goddamn jabs

why is the heaviest character in the game having some of the fastest jabs

Great basics will take you far with a grappler, that's been my experience. I'd say your problem really was you kept doing the same thing way too often.

ultimax

That was the christmas saga. Maybe i'll do a week long one for valentines day. I only have a few days left of the avatar bet.

tumblr_n3is2x6SFy1sad17do1_400.gif

semisonic

Banned

That said, man I have to say I'm not a fan of the 'it's a new thread, so post until your fingers fall off!' trend in the group. How's a guy supposed to accurately shittalk his frienders in all this spam?

Also, Shack- what happened? Was hoping you'd whoop that rando for us with Slayer! He kicked our collective asses so bad...

No seriously did I already miss fitegamesgaf?
I'm going to be sad if that happened

Shackzam

My modem shit the bed for a good minute for some reason.

Squishy3

i was kicking his ass until SHACK DISCONNECTED AND THE LOBBY CLOSED BECAUSE OF IT AND HE DIDN'T JOIN THE ONE I MADE CAUSE HE WAS A BABY

YOU RUINED EVERYTHING SHACK

JoJo94

Then lurk harder!

I got lost and couldn't find the new thread.

I was just about to tell you guys there was a new thread.

I've been busy with making Motion Graphics...plus the wi fi sucks in the dorms so I just stay in our digital lab now...I may as well buy a sleeping bag and move in here.

Squishy3

Great basics will take you far with a grappler, that's been my experience. I'd say your problem really was you kept doing the same thing way too often.
you were doing the same thing a lot too the problem is online delay affects everything i do (5 frame delay is huge, fuck arcsys for going with this netcode system that's worse than p4a's) so i couldn't punish stuff super well because half the time by it came out you were blocking or doing something else again

i mean i was rusty with gg it's just for the most part i knew what you were going to do and then kept dropping either punishes or links because of frame delay (or reversals, i couldn't do a reversal to save my life)

i kept doing the same mixup starter over and over again because that is leo's gameplan, he gets a knockdown and then hopefuly okis you to death, it's just with mashing jab and frame delay there wasn't much i could do afterwards, everytime you wqere mashing jab i was inputting counter and half the time it wouldn't come out. i reacted accordingly when you started baiting the counter

i mean i'm being petty but fuck gg xrd's netcode for being shittier than p4a's amazing netcode

it also doesn't help the weld holding the joystick just fucking fell off AGAIN so i'm even more pissed now because of that

Top Bottom