• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

KIDS CAN BE SO CREUL JACK, AND IM VERY MUCH IN TOUCH WITH MY INNER CHILD.
tumblr_mtdul5933y1rmvyxuo1_500.gif

Emphasis on combat.
Honestly, that would be fine only if that combat helped support the main mechanics of the game and did not kill your momentum every single time you go to hit something. But I don't have enough faith in Dice to execute that well, or being able to make a game that really elevates that free running concept as far as it should go.

Not surprising at all. Aiko da best.

By the way, the game is adding some stuff for Valentine's Day, which is neat.

Audrey being that high and Kyu being that low is just wrong. SMH. At least Tiffany's third. Where'd you get this from?
I was talking about Audrey mostly... There is a lot of Masochists out there...

I got them from the Hunniepop OT. I really wonder what they are gonna add for the Valentine's Day update.

Honestly, that would be fine only if that combat helped support the main mechanics of the game and did not kill your momentum every single time you go to hit something. But I don't have enough faith in Dice to execute that well, or being able to make a game that really elevates that free running concept as far as it should go.
In a way, I'd really like for combat to turn enemies into a sort of boost pad. Bounding off of them onto the environment while also taking them out.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I really hate having to write essays that are explicitly about myself. Writing about yourself is so damn difficult.
Just bullshit it. It's how I get through religion class. Had to write a 3 page paper on how religion changed my life.

Got more art assets done for my game project. Player character now has different animations, and I've added sprites for weapons and environment. Only took a couple of hours.

My pipeline for these assets will definitely speed up now that I know how to go about making them consistently.
God, looking at my game project just makes me sad. I have a great idea for a story that I have yet to finish and no idea on how to make the gameplay interesting. I really need to do some research so I can make my story interesting, but I'm bogged down right now. Probs won't do anything with it until next summer.

semisonic

Banned
Finally arrived at RIT.
Fuck it's weird not playing monster hunter all day
yet.
I wanna buy valkyria chronicles , but i only have 2 dollars in my bank account :(
It's not usually my thing, but I'll gift ya.
Everyone should play that game once.

Finally arrived at RIT.
Fuck it's weird not playing monster hunter all day
yet.

It's not usually my thing, but I'll gift ya.
Everyone should play that game once.

best to play all the games you wanna play now
come February you know what will be consuming your heart and soul every day

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I wanna buy valkyria chronicles , but i only have 2 dollars in my bank account :(
Never finished that game, really hard. I had fun with it up until I quit tho.

IDK how your bank works, but if you have below 10 dollars in it for over a month it gets closed.

semisonic

Banned
best to play all the games you wanna play now
come February you know what will be consuming your heart and soul every day

I literally have at least 600 hours total in my backlog.
And I'm not going to get a new3ds yet. Saving money for pax, so I'll just hunt with the stragglers on 3u

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I literally have at least 600 hours total in my backlog.
And I'm not going to get a new3ds yet. Saving money for pax, so I'll just hunt with the stragglers on 3u

I won't be done with 3U for a while, play with me. I have since decided that the Rathian set I was going to get is trash. I also decided that I'm not going to get a new set of armor unless the base stats are at least 10 higher than what I curently have.

I still need a new sword tho, and I wasted my time on that Golem Sword.

I have some huntin to do.

The only event I've gone to is my local anime convention. How much do you guys bring to a con? I'm bringing $400 this year. Double what I brought last year.

semisonic

Banned
I won't be done with 3U for a while, play with me. I have since decided that the Rathian set I was going to get is trash. I also decided that I'm not going to get a new set of armor unless the base stats are at least 10 higher than what I curently have.

I still need a new sword tho, and I wasted my time on that Golem Sword.

I have some huntin to do.

The only event I've gone to is my local anime convention. How much do you guys bring to a con? I'm bringing $400 this year. Double what I brought last year.

Yeah, that's around what I bring. Although I impulsively buy osts, artbooks and sometimes arcade sticks, sooooo...
400's probably good

Its good to have a budget when you go to the dealers room. $400 seems like a fair amount to bring. I brought around 50 since I thought I wasn't gonna buy much... I was wrong.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yeah, that's around what I bring. Although I impulsively buy osts, artbooks and sometimes arcade sticks, sooooo...
400's probably good

There weren't a lot of art books and OSTs last year, I hope they double up. They sell shittons of replica weapons for no reason, and I am finally old enough to get one this year (legally I have to be 18, but if the same guy is working, he said he could sell me one if I was 17 and looked old enough).

Top Bottom