• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

360pages

So, how many of you played Majora's Mask? That games atmosphere is amazing, once again, like EarthBound, something that actually uses the fact that it's a game to tell its story and would be impossible to tell it as properly if it was something else

So, how many of you played Majora's Mask? That games atmosphere is amazing, once again, like EarthBound, something that actually uses the fact that it's a game to tell its story and would be impossible to tell it as properly if it was something else

Yeah I own it, it's my favourite Zelda

Mathaou

legacy of cane

Majoras Mask is my all time favorite. I love how dark it is at times, like all the unique shit that happens only on the last hours of the third day is mindblowing.

semisonic

Banned

Bruh. BRUH.
Majora's mask is the greatest zelda game in both theming and atmosphere and my personal favorite. I highly recommend you read the attached article, as it is super interesting, and formed a good amount of the basis for my own paper on storytelling through gameplay.

I own the Gold Cart with the holographic sticker in front.

Definitely did not expect the mechanics that game threw at me at a young age. It was the first game I purchased a guide for so that I could figure out how to perfect the time mechanics.

Okingjrr

I haven't, mostly due to the N64 belonging to my older brother and me not being exposed to video games as much as a child growing up in the US or Europe. I was also 8 and thought I had no say in purchases.
Got MM 3DS preordered to experience that shit now.

Played it, love it. It's definitely my favorite Zelda.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
God the music in Beck is so fucking good. Even in English, Greg Ayres did a bang up job.
Maho is best girl.

I've still never gotten far into it. As a kid I'd goto my Aunt's to play her N64, where I played most of Ocarina of Time, but I couldn't wrap my head around the time mechanics for shit. I love everything it does in terms of tone, story, etc, but I can barely play it. I vaguely remember getting the Zora mask, but I think I stopped shortly after.

A friend has been forcing me through it on Virtual console when I go to his place. I beat the first boss.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'm actually on my 5th 100% run.
Making it my most replayed game tied with banjo-kazooie and skies of arcadia legends

My most replayed game is probs OoT. I 100%ed that game at least 6 times. Close second comes to Majoras Mask and third is Wind Waker. All of my most replayed games are Zelda, cuz thats my favorite series.

semisonic

Banned
Has anyone watched White Album? Is the music worth the (from what I hear) awful romance?

I've actually heard that white album 2 is super good, super painful romance. An awkward story about broken, selfish people. In that way, it's like evangelion but a love triangle full of spiteful, spiteful teenagers making poor choices with their lives in their attempts to pursue happiness.
It's pretty rough.

semisonic

Banned
He can only equip 2 handed swords. Doesn't mean he can't use them with only 1 hand.

If you look at his animations, whenever he swings his sword he puts on two hands.
Actually, I own the design works for p4a, and I fucking love the description of Yosuke's movement designs:
'I really wanted to make it look as though Yosuke clearly thought all of his moves looked cool, but in reality it's silly to watch.'
I'm paraphrasing cause I don't keep my artbooks on my at college...

Top Bottom