• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Zenfalcia

Yeah that would be a bad idea

WE WERE BORN AND BRED TO RIP AND SHRED

It's gewd stuff, man. Just below NeoGAF for me.

It's too good. Like crack addiction good.
I'll miss my old pair though. RIP in piece.

I've heard nothing but praise for all the HD cans at their price range.

What was wrong with your old pair?

Did you check reviews and ranges it can hit?
Guys, I am going to sayonara for next few days as school is my main priority.

Give me your strength and support

Good luck.

I wish I had gotten me a pair during sales. I already have my Audio Technica's, but choice is never bad.
The AT M50s were another choice I was going between originally, but having that $100 gift card limited my choice.
It's pretty bad. But It has pretty good art that I know you would enjoy.
How could you just ASSUME he'd like it. Seems awfully presumptuous.
What was wrong with your old pair?

Did you check reviews and ranges it can hit?
One ear died. Just out of warranty. And yeah, course.

Oh my god...oh my god! I might've got my DS4 working properly again on my PC! Everything seems to be responding in the game controller settings.

I MUST TEST THIS!! TIME TO LOAD STEAM GAMES I HAVE YET TO PLAY!

I had a pretty limited selection since I was using a $100 refund from newegg (that's a long story), so I just grabbed Sennheiser HD 518s.

Not my first choice, but for $100 off, I did ok. (I only actually paid like $30)
Yo those look pretty cool too. Nice catch
Don't you love
Old Maid
? God damn the
Jokers
are so cool. They have my favorite gimmick.
Also choose Kei over Eriko since you did P1. I made the mistake of taking him instead and got super confused, but hyped.
Man fuck that move, I figured out how to beat it though.
Kei and Eriko are both in P1.
Mmm. That's a fun boss fight. I hope you picked the right dialogue choice. If not then you can say bye-bye to Maia Prime.
Yeah I said
she's cool.
It was pretty obvious lol

O no theyre chanting Cena Sucks. I wonder how bad the guy actually feels whenever he hears that.

No theyre not THAT evil. Anyways, theyre not as tall as the Road Warriors.. Those guys were big.

Good luck

He loves hearing it, he's getting a reaction..that's what he wants. They would stop shilling him if when he came out it was dead quiet.

Oh my god...oh my god! I might've got my DS4 working properly again on my PC! Everything seems to be responding in the game controller settings.

I MUST TEST THIS!! TIME TO LOAD STEAM GAMES I HAVE YET TO PLAY!
YOOOOOOO nice, good luck
I've never paid more than like $20 for Headphones at any point in my life, they sound just fine.
You lucky asshole. Sound quality is like 60FPS, it's hard to not notice it once you've noticed it

Zenfalcia

The AT M50s were another choice I was going between originally, but having that $100 gift card limited my choice.
How could you just ASSUME he'd like it. Seems awfully presumptuous.
One ear died. Just out of warranty. And yeah, course.

Ah. If you're handy, you could try to fix the wires and fix the headphones without needing to buy new ones.
I've never paid more than like $20 for Headphones at any point in my life, they sound just fine.

Once you hear the difference in sound quality with higher quality headphones, it'll possibly change you.

It's pretty bad. But It has pretty good art that I know you would enjoy.

Depends on how good the CG looks. The normal profiles look generic and below average.

You haven't lived until you experienced the clean bliss of some high quality cans.

Don't. I now find it literally impossible to go back to budget headphones.

Xiraiya

You lucky asshole. Sound quality is like 60FPS, it's hard to not notice it once you've noticed it

I've even used some expensive $100 headphones before to try and figure out why people need to pay that much and the sound quality was literally no different, same level of clarity and crispness and everything, the base was nice and beefy when it needed to be and so on, I just don't see the difference, unless people are having really shitty luck with cheap ones or the ones I heard were garbage, who really knows, I can hear as much detail as I need to hear in all my music and that's really all I need.

But then again I have a similar thing with Framerates where I can spot the difference but it doesn't actually hinder my enjoyment in any way. (Unless it drops below like 20 for example)

Zenfalcia

Oh noes, AssumeBeats strikes again!
he'd love it.
and then proceed to make an avatar out of it.

post-32278-doctor-who-OH-NO-YES-NO-gif-Da-1YRa.gif

I've even used some expensive $100 headphones before to try and figure out why people need to pay that much and the sound quality was literally no different, same level of clarity and crispness and everything, the base was nice and beefy when it needed to be and so on, I just don't see the difference, unless people are having really shitty luck with cheap ones or the ones I heard were garbage, who really knows, I can hear as much detail as I need to hear in all my music and that's really all I need.

But then again I have a similar thing with Framerates where I can spot the difference but it doesn't actually hinder my enjoyment in any way. (Unless it drops below like 20 for example)
Well some people can't really spot framerate/resolutions as well as other people, it could just be that but with sound for you. It could've also been shitty overpriced ones you see all the time. I know some like to charge a lot but they never give you specifications other than "Hey it's got a microphone! And a long cable! And even GOLD plug crazy huh? Look the logo!" It's very annoying when you know what the numbers mean
Yeah.
Is Alfred his butler? They only say Alfred.

Oh god lmao they call him that?
His real name is Yamaoka

Xiraiya

I have some really nice Logitech Speakers with a Sub Woofer that I had hooked up outside to my PC for my 18th birthday, played them at nearly full volume, they went pretty damn loud, we have like a good 40 or 50 meter driveway and you could feel the base down at the end and the music sounded really clear and fantastic.

But I've never personally felt like the sound quality was any better than my $20 Headphones, just better in the sense that you could push the speakers obviously way more without any kind of distortion.

Well some people can't really spot framerate/resolutions as well as other people, it could just be that but with sound for you. It could've also been shitty overpriced ones you see all the time. I know some like to charge a lot but they never give you specifications other than "Hey it's got a microphone! And a long cable! And even GOLD plug crazy huh? Look the logo!" It's very annoying when you know what the numbers mean

I'd say that high end headphones are more like an audiophile thing.

Change audio formatting and that poor sounding music can sound incredible.

Less compression is better.

There's a marked difference with high quality headphones that's super enjoyable, but it's not something everyone cares about.
I'd say that high end headphones are more like an audiophile thing.
Change audio formatting and that poor sounding music can sound incredible.
Less compression is better.
Once you go 320kbps and have nice headphones? Aw man, dude.

Anung

Un Rama
Eating Peri Peri pork tonight was a mistake D:

Rewatching LOU LP while I do numerous resi replays. Holds up better than I thought.

Jman014

Eating Peri Peri pork tonight was a mistake D:

Rewatching LOU LP while I do numerous resi replays. Holds up better than I thought.

Oh no. but LOU and RE should make you feel better I hope.

What's everyone up to tonight?
Mrgoodwil? Dok? Xiraiya? skLa? Hopefully something enjoyable!

Top Bottom