• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Anung

Un Rama
All right, so I'm rewatching The Wire and got reminded of how people seem to compare The Shield to this for some dumb reason, despite them being incredibly different kind of shows. And then I remembered something: Did Pat ever mention finishing The Shield?

They are like polar opposites. Couldn't see how anyone could compare them outside of them being about cops. One is pretty much Social-science fiction and the other is just pulp. They are both good though but for different reasons.

Xiraiya

One the one hand, fuck Lightning, on the other, I do want to play through at least the first XIII game someday since it's probably not that terrible, the sequels however, no thanks.

Nothing, I just wanted to hear it from you personally, not from a video. Plus you might have had a different opinion of it since the video came out for one reason or another.
Hahaha wow.

croten

One the one hand, fuck Lightning, on the other, I do want to play through at least the first XIII game someday since it's probably not that terrible, the sequels however, no thanks.

As far as I can tell XIII-2 is supposed to be the good one.

One the one hand, fuck Lightning, on the other, I do want to play through at least the first game someday since it's probably not that terrible, the sequels however no thanks.

I played 13-2 when it came out, it's not bad I would say it's barely better then 13 in terms of story, gameplay both are okay.

I play far too many JRPGS FF13 is nowhere near a good Final Fantasy game, but if you take out FF from the name then it just becomes a average to below average JRPG with shitty character design and development. Sazh though I really like Sazh.

Beloved

It makes me angry that she looks as awesome as she does.

Also 13-2 isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but Serah got on my nerves. I really liked
Caius
as an antagonist though.

Can you tell me why you hate Lightning in the context of 13? Not 13-2 or LR. Just 13.
Because Fang is objectively the worst party member in that game. She's fucking stupid.

Anyone is free to answer this question.

WE LOVE IT

German suplex is life.

It's like the ghost of Benoit is possessing the match.

Can you tell me why you hate Lightning in the context of 13? Not 13-2 or LR. Just 13.

Nobody really hated her till toriyama decided to make her the poster girl of final fantasy. Now everyone just hates her. I honestly don't love or hate her, but I enjoy the 13 games.

Jman014

People REALLY hate Cena

Also 13-2 isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but Serah got on my nerves. I really liked Caius as an antagonist though.

Because Fang is objectively the worst party member in that game. She's fucking stupid.

So how are you two doing?

And yeah. I haven't played any of the FF13 games but I think she looks neat.

No, the hate for her from day 1 was extreme because she was "Just female Cloud" when she's absolutely nothing like him.

I'd argue it was nowhere near as bad until 13-2 and especially LR existed. People obviously disliked her from day one, but the hate was nowhere near as bad as it is now.

Also 13-2 isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but Serah got on my nerves. I really liked
Caius
as an antagonist though.
Lighting is a cool design...In 13.

I don't know what the fuck she was wearing in 13-2 and Lightning Returns, but it was bad. Also, I like how she's the poster child of the series, even though she's the main in only one game.

Nothing being the key word there.

You say that implying that Cloud is a good character.

Squall is a better character than Cloud.

I'd argue it was nowhere near as bad until 13-2 and especially LR existed. People obviously disliked her from day one, but the hate was nowhere near as bad as it is now.

It's deserved now because of LR. She wasn't that bad in 13-2 but LR just killed everything about that character.

Anung

Un Rama
Oh, I agree with you entirely. It's like the comparisons are done by people who have either watched only one of them or neither of them and just decided to group the two together based on the fact that both shows contain cops. They're indeed pretty much polar opposites of each other.

I've stated before that I find The Wire to be the best show of all time, but other than that, I do like the Shield as well. I doubt I'll rewatch The Shield any time soon though. The Wire on the other hand a timeless masterpiece that I'll rewatch infinitely as I find that The Wire achieves what it sets out to do far better than what The Shield attempts to do.

I'd say that the final season of The Wire is a mixed bag whereas the final seasons of The Shield are just so good. Like far better than a show like that should really have. Considering the numerous other "better" shows that have crappy final seasons.

I'll need to give this Wire remaster a go though. Could probably go for another rewatch.

Xiraiya

I don't hate Lightning, I hate what she represents. But I just don't like her character, I do however think her design is really cool, and honestly literally nothing about that series from all the videos and cutscenes and crap I watched to see if I was genuinely interested in XIII has contracted the comparison to cloud, but it doesn't really matter either way at this point.

Nice response bro.
tumblr_lpn8ebnZkV1qb8m44o1_400.jpg

Mathaou

legacy of cane

It's deserved now because of LR. She wasn't that bad in 13-2 but LR just killed everything about that character.
Thats not saying much. Both are arrogant, self-righteous, tsundere military dudes. And that's pretty much all they got.

Best 3D FF character is Zidane.

Allright, no fitegames tonight then, I guess.
Time to settle in for 2.5 hours of okami hd...
Not a waste of time. Okami kicks ass.

A lot of people hate him now. So I guess yes. But I liked him more as the doctor of thuganomics

He's had the same gimmick for over a decade. It would be like watching Brock Lesnar come out and decimate every opponent he faces just because he's Brock Lesna-

... oh wait.

Actually she's not the main character in 13. 13 doesn't have a main character in which the story is focused around. Everyone has their own little stories in that game.

She's simply on the cover art for the box.

I've always associated her as the main character. Similar to Terra for 6. Basically whoever gets the camera first if it isn't overly obvious who is the MC of the game.

A lot of people hate him now. So I guess yes. But I liked him more as the doctor of thuganomics

Legend Killer Randy Orton is pretty cool. Also liked "let's have sex in the ring" Edge

I've always associated her as the main character. Similar to Terra for 6. Basically whoever gets the camera first if it isn't overly obvious who is the MC of the game.

I get what you mean but I can't really agree. I mean look at FF12. You see and control Vaan first and he has absolutely zero impact on anything going on in that game. He wasn't even intended to be in the game at first.

Jman014

He's had the same gimmick for over a decade. It would be like watching Brock Lesnar come out and decimate every opponent he faces just because he's Brock Lesna-

... oh wait.
Yup that's fair enough.

Are you watching the Royal Rumble?
Legend Killer Randy Orton is pretty cool. Also liked "let's have sex in the ring" Edge

I think there was a match between him and Cena that people REALLY HATED.

Xiraiya

You know, while I'm not going to complain about you saying that, I don't believe you actually think that.

It seems like he thinks it more than he says it in the English version anyway.
I'm really curious to see your thoughts once you finish 8, even though I already know in part what they are.

Top Bottom