• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

360pages

I guess. Tear is ok, Guy is fine, I don't like either Luke, fuck Jade, I don't care about the princess and Anise is a disease.

I agree with the God generals to be far more interesting and Arietta being infinitely better than Anise. Also Synch can die in a fire.

Eh, Sync has an interesting outlook at the very least. and Legertta pulls of Tear's archtype far better.

Also, Dist is weird, meh.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
The bleach anime is over isn't it?

It's... it's over?
ibt69gdWQhbxf3.gif

Absolutely. I vastly prefer him in these types of roles, rather than him playing the shonen hero.
Yuri Lowenthal is also quite entertaining as an asshole. See Dito in Drakengard 3 or
Shefield
in DDS 2.

The greatest hero of our time.
We need more Caim like characters in this world
"Caim lives hand in hand with good evil...we too must adapt to this world of chaos."

The only good thing to ever come out of that shit bag Verdelet's mouth, and it could not be anymore on point.

360pages

lol I guess that might be it as well. Also your avatar is great.

I could not finish Abyss. I can never finish Abyss. I would rather stop playing games forever than to ever touch that game again. I think I hate it more than FF13 and that's saying a lot because I really hate FF13. How bad could Legendia possibly be.

Huh? How far did you get into Abyss?

Bleach anime ended over 2 years ago... xD

DO YOU FEEL OLD YET?

Sorry can we talk more about Caim? FUCK I LOVE CAIM

I love Caim. I mean Drakengard as a whole is great. It's a series where story and characters are what make the game, because fuck the gameplay isn't good. I really hope Taro Yoko's new game is a Drakengard related game.

Anung

Un Rama
Catching up on Silent Hill 2 LP. Still so good. I love that game so much. Wish they didn't bring up TEW. Also saying SH3 was only a tiny bit about the cult raised an eyebrow. Unless he mean psychological aspects but it wasn't clear.

Parasite Eve next!

Catching up on Silent Hill 2 LP. Still so good. I love that game so much. Wish they didn't bring up TEW. Also saying SH3 was only a tiny bit about the cult raised an eyebrow. Unless he mean psychological aspects but it wasn't clear.

Parasite Eve next!
I think he meant the psych stuff.
The monster designs relate to Heather dual personality and repressed emotions and stuff, but it's mostly cultstuff.

DO YOU FEEL OLD YET?

I love Caim. I mean Drakengard as a whole is great. It's a series where story and characters are what make the game, because fuck the gameplay isn't good. I really hope Taro Yako's new game is a Drakengard related game.
Let's keep talking more about Caim. Fuck it, talk more about Drakengard in general!

Beloved

DO YOU FEEL OLD YET?

I love Caim. I mean Drakengard as a whole is great. It's a series where story and characters are what make the game, because fuck the gameplay isn't good. I really hope Taro Yako's new game is a Drakengard related game.

I'm too young at heart to feel old.

Also I dont know who the fuck Caim is.

Parasite Eve next!

SH2 is fantastic, definitely my favorite LP they have going right now. Though I'm enjoying Parasite Eve a lot too.

I could not finish Abyss. I can never finish Abyss. I would rather stop playing games forever than to ever touch that game again. I think I hate it more than FF13 and that's saying a lot because I really hate FF13. How bad could Legendia possibly be.
The mc is unredeemable. He will regularly put other people's lives in danger just to save his
not
sister. He never puts thought into anything other than 'gotta save shirley'. The rest of the cast is okay with will being my favorite just cause he's a cool dude with a good backstory. And at the end of their adventure, they all still either hate each ither or are indifferent.The story is incredibly bland with no real suprises other than mystic bullshit mo one could call coming out of nowhere. The villains are all lame and one dimensional with no real motivation but evil. Theonly good thing about it is the ost which is fantastic.

I'm re watching the Yakuza 4 LP once again. Large Blow Up Doll-san never got the push she deserved. She was the best hostess Akiyama ever could have had

Anung

Un Rama
Like halfway through Season 5. I just wasn't enjoying it from like...season 4 onwards.

That is pretty much the lowest point of the show. First 3 seasons are good-okay, 4-5 are bleh, 5 has a really strong ending. 6-7 are outstanding. I'd say its worth persevering through just for the ending.

That is pretty much the lowest point of the show. First 3 seasons are good-okay, 4-5 are bleh, 5 has a really strong ending. 6-7 are outstanding. I'd say its worth persevering through just for the ending.

Nah just tell me the ending. I found the Shields comparison to Breaking Bad and the Wire ludicrous. It's not even close.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Imo is best role is Ryunosuke from F/Z. It's literally perfect.

Caim is the biggest weirdo ever and I love it

I watched F/Z subbed. I heard the dub was great tho.

I'll just have to buy the F/Z Blu ray.

jk I don't have that kind of money.

Xiraiya

Nah just tell me the ending. I found the Shields comparison to Breaking Bad and the Wire ludicrous. It's not even close.
My girlfriend and I decided to check out The Wire, we watched like 1 or 2 episodes, it just didn't seem like it was for us, I didn't dislike it but nothing really caught my attention.
Breaking Bad was fantastic though.

Anung

Un Rama

The Shield Finale spoilers
Super watered down edition - Shane is on the run for all the bad shit he did (is blackmailing Vic) Vic is trying to get in with the feds so he can get immunity from all his crimes. Cat and mouse stuff, gang stuff, usual shield antics. Shane kills himself and his entire family (leaves emotional suicide note) Ronnie goes down for everything the strike team did. Vic gets a job with the feds if he discloses everything he did. He does so, everyone is like fucccck. Wife and kids go into witness protection. Vic is left in a office job. Everyone hates him/ no family.
Imagine that but all well paced and emotional.

Wouldn't compare it to BB/The Wire though. Like I said before The Shield was a decent show that had a waaaaaay better final season than it deserved. BB/The Wire were like God-tier all the time (Wire season 5 was weak though, ending aside)

Xiraiya

With The Wire, it might take a bit of time before it really grabs you. I didn't really care much for it for the first few episodes and then it clicked so hard that I find it to be the best show of all time.

Instead we started Criminal Minds, that series is so goddamn good.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
In Beck, Greg Ayres is walking home and takes a bite of ice cream, and then I guess he was supposed to get brain freeze, but Greg Ayres made it sound like he just got stabbed or something. It was so unnatural but it was fucking amazing.

Top Bottom