• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

mrmyhthef

I really hope we get the release date for 5 soon. I'm really looking forward to finally getting it

I wonder how they'll handle all of the licensed songs in the game. Since it seems like they're replacing the old OP with an original track I hope they don't just cut/replace the other songs too.

DO YOU FEEL OLD YET?

Sorry can we talk more about Caim? FUCK I LOVE CAIM

I love Caim. I mean Drakengard as a whole is great. It's a series where story and characters are what make the game, because fuck the gameplay isn't good. I really hope Taro Yoko's new game is a Drakengard related game.

Let's keep talking more about Caim. Fuck it, talk more about Drakengard in general!

Caim and Angelus

The most amazingly fucked up lore in a series. Makes dark souls look like Adventure Time.

Royal Rumble
NOOOOO ROMAN REIGNS WON

Fucking awful. Can't believe I saw that. The boos were unreal.

I wonder how they'll handle all of the licensed songs in the game. Since it seems like they're replacing the old OP with an original track I hope they don't just cut/replace the other songs too.
Oh shut I didn't even think of that. I'm guessing all the karaoke songs are real? Maybe they will get lucky and Sony music(if they actual own the licenses to any songs in the game) will throw them a bone since Sony is publishing the game here?

Shackzam

Me and my brother were having a awesome conversation about a one piece fighting game. We got haki concepts and character concepts for a lot of characters for some reason. One Piece would have so much cool ass shit if it was a fighting game.

Me and my brother were having a awesome conversation about a one piece fighting game. We got haki concepts and character concepts for a lot of characters for some reason. One Piece would have so much cool ass shit if it was a fighting game.

Friend and I wrote a whole design-doc filled with our ideas for every character.

Though he doesn't play fighters so he had a lot of shitty ideas.

I can't understand how someone can watch a show for multiple seasons and just suddenly drop it. If I'm that deep in I have to finish it.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

The crazy combos you could do with Luffy...

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I can't understand how someone can watch a show for multiple seasons and just suddenly drop it. If I'm that deep in I have to finish it.

I dropped Bleach after 100 episodes.

I never finished the final season of Battlestar Galactica. Probs should, that show was god-tier.

Watch the title match, even knowing the end it's super fun. The Rumble itself, go ahead and skip it. There weren't even any really fun cameos aside from Bubba Ray, but he did the 3D with fucking R-Truth.

The rumble itself? No. The triple threat was actually kind of decent though. I had fun with it.

I suppose I'll give it a watch in the morning, once again WWE disappoints outside of NXT.

mrmyhthef

Oh shut I didn't even think of that. I'm guessing all the karaoke songs are real? Maybe they will get lucky and Sony music(if they actual own the licenses to any songs in the game) will throw them a bone since Sony is publishing the game here?

I'm pretty sure all the karaoke songs are original, and so are Haruka's idol songs for that matter.

There are a bunch of tracks by Kyosuke Himuro that are used in the game. Honestly I didn't notice half of them but one I would be really sad to see go is this one (musical spoilers kinda).

I suppose I'll give it a watch in the morning, once again WWE disappoints outside of NXT.

It was fun mainly because it was just waiting to see how many times they would all do their finishers over and over. Turns out they can do them quite a bit.

My favorite part was the Brock face in the background. I haven't lost my shit that hard in a while lol. But that match was good fun, if kind of predictable.

I booted up God Hand

"I love it"

Sure do
god-hand-spanking-o.gif

Well yeah, I expected Bork to win, they gotta put over whoever won the rumble.

All of WWE has been predictable as shit for months, more than usual, you just gotta find the diamonds in the shit pile.

Well things I did like from the rumble as someone who hasn't watched wrestling in years is

1. Daniel Bryan is super hype. I'm surprised they don't push him as hard since he's a huge fan favorite.

2. Dolph Ziggler is pretty cool. He's a lot of fun to watch in the ring and he sells those hits real good.

3. Dean Ambrose. Then again, with the rest of the competition he just looked better than the shit that was left at that point.

Well things I did like from the rumble as someone who hasn't watched wrestling in years is

1. Daniel Bryan is super hype. I'm surprised they don't push him as hard since he's a huge fan favorite.

2. Dolph Ziggler is pretty cool. He's a lot of fun to watch in the ring and he sells those hits real good.

3. Dean Ambrose. Then again, with the rest of the competition he just looked better than the shit that was left at that point.

Daniel Bryan was pushed hella fucking hard before he got injured.

DZ is a selling god.

Dean Ambrose is alright, I'm still waiting for him to be pushed.

Shackzam

Friend and I wrote a whole design-doc filled with our ideas for every character.

Though he doesn't play fighters so he had a lot of shitty ideas.
Just the thought of a legit one piece fighting game would be amazing.
The crazy combos you could do with Luffy...
I'm a law and sanji fan and I've got exactly what I want them to be down pat. We had some interesting ideas about zoro being a stance character, and smoke being the hypest grapplers ever. Then Don Flamingo being a puppet a character. There are so many design choices you could take with the characters.

Jman014

I actually like Roman, but goddamn does this feel like trying to make up for a year old mistake by misguidedly making the same mistake.

DZ is a selling god.

tumblr_me5q317J441rss05ao4_500.gif

1. D-Bry got the championship at WM last year after the fans chanted his name during a year of Cena vs. Orton main events, then got injured and was out for 9 months, coming back like two weeks ago.

2. Ziggler is one of my all time favorite wrestlers, he's rad and is finally getting a bit of a push after jobbing out to fucking everyone for nearly two years.

3. Ambrose is great and everyone loves him.

DZ is a selling god.

1. D-Bry got the championship at WM last year after the fans chanted his name during a year of Cena vs. Orton main events, then got injured and was out for 9 months, coming back like two weeks ago.

2. Ziggler is one of my all time favorite wrestlers, he's rad and is finally getting a bit of a push after jobbing out to fucking everyone for nearly two years.

3. Ambrose is great and everyone loves him.

Didn't realize Bryan was injured, but it seems like people were most hype for him and Ziggler. Its odd that they got
eliminated super early.
Not even sure at this point if Vince is trolling the fans or not.

Jman014

Didn't realize Bryan was injured, but it seems like people were most hype for him and Ziggler. Its odd that they got
eliminated super early.

IM HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD IM HERE TO SHOW THE WOOOOOOORRRLLLD

eliminated super early.

I'm not sure how much Triple H has do with NXT anymore, but it used to be his baby, I hope that is what WWE becomes in the future..because you can really tell the difference in the product.

Just the thought of a legit one piece fighting game would be amazing.
I'm a law and sanji fan and I've got exactly what I want them to be down pat. We had some interesting ideas about zoro being a stance character, and smoke being the hypest grapplers ever. Then Don Flamingo being a puppet a character. There are so many design choices you could take with the characters.

We had Chopper as a Stance character, with Zoro being a rushdown charge character. Usopp was a zoning/trap character. Nami was trap/technical setups. Robin was a grappler with a lot of ranged based grapples similar to Anakaris. Sanji... We didn't have any good ideas for Sanji so he was just a rushdown, same with Luffy since MCs are always fundamentals. Franky has a cola meter and starts with max but can't refill it. Brook has a ton of quick attacks that do zero damage but put points into a counter that as it gets higher will do more damage when a finisher is done, ala him putting his sword away, with certain finishers being tied to a certain number of hits.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
FUCK YOU KOUYUKI. DON'T PUTZ AROUND OTHER GIRLS.

Jesus, I feel bad for Maho. Bestgirl like her deserves someone who gets it. Hope Kouyuki figures it out.

eliminated super early.

They're some of the most over guys in the company, Vince and everyone in creative is just out of touch and would rather keep doing what is proven to work than taking any remote amount of risk.

IM HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD IM HERE TO SHOW THE WOOOOOOORRRLLLD

COME OOOOOON!

I'm not sure how much Triple H has do with NXT anymore, but it used to be his baby, I hope that is what WWE becomes in the future..because you can really tell the difference in the product.

Imagine if RAW was just NXT with a budget every week... That would be amazing.

Should really check out NXT someday with the way you guys push it. It sounds super hype and I still enjoy wrestling.

Start at NXT R-Evolution and go from there, also check out Wrestle Kingdom 9.
They're some of the most over guys in the company, Vince and everyone in creative is just out of touch and would rather keep doing what is proven to work than taking any remote amount of risk.

COME OOOOOON!

Imagine if RAW was just NXT with a budget every week... That would be amazing.
That's what I'm hoping for once Vince steps down and lets Triple H take the reins of the company fully.

Start at NXT R-Evolution and go from there, also check out Wrestle Kingdom 9.

That's what I'm hoping for once Vince steps down and lets Triple H take the reins of the company fully.

Will do.

But its not working, its terrible. The boos are beyond obvious.

Top Bottom