• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Are you serious? That's unfortunate. I always like the hear how people may be dicks when acting but turn out to be nice people when not on the job.

Like everybody I think it just depends on when you catch that person. Sometimes people are having shit days and don't want to deal with dumb nerds talking about wrestling.

But its not working, its terrible. The boos are beyond obvious.

The boos are obvious, but the money is still coming in. Vince doesn't give a shit about what the audience actually wants as long as they keep watching, and unfortunately most people, myself included, still do. Though I'm not sure I'll watch again until Mania after that.

Ilvocare

Hi everyone! What's happening/what'd I miss? Sunday is bluh day over here, unfortunately. Just doing a bunch of tedious housework.

Jman014

Royal Rumble Salt.

tumblr_m7152oHDle1r881m1.gif

I'm pretty sure all the karaoke songs are original, and so are Haruka's idol songs for that matter.

There are a bunch of tracks by Kyosuke Himuro that are used in the game. Honestly I didn't notice half of them but one I would be really sad to see go is this one (musical spoilers kinda).
Really? I'm surprised that in a series packed to the gils with real life advertising people wouldn't want to promote music in it as well. It is still unfortunate that those sons will be missing.

Ilvocare

Royal Rumble Salt.

Huh...

Maybe a warning for RealGaf up ahead?

Alright, quick moment. I've never actually WATCHED wrestling, mainly because when I was young the 'rents never allowed us to check it out. However, my brother(s) and I tried to imitate what we THOUGHT it was, without having any actual firsthand viewing experience. The reason why is because the mere concept of wrestling was the type of dumb fun that we CRAVED back then. As such, I'm woefully unable to weigh into any of this. Although it's fun to see the reactions to shit!

Even if the reactions are like 95% pain and disappointment...

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Huh...

Maybe a warning for RealGaf up ahead?

Alright, quick moment. I've never actually WATCHED wrestling, mainly because when I was young the 'rents never allowed us to check it out. However, my brother(s) and I tried to imitate what we THOUGHT it was, without having any actual firsthand viewing experience. The reason why is because the mere concept of wrestling was the type of dumb fun that we CRAVED back then. As such, I'm woefully unable to weigh into any of this. Although it's fun to see the reactions to shit!

Even if the reactions are like 95% pain and disappointment...

IDK what it is, but I know fucking no one that substitutes the word 'parents' with the word 'rents'. There was a girl I used to know from Florida who said that, so I guess it's a southern thing?

The south is weird. They call their pop, 'soda'.

Speak AMERICAN.

Tako

I never watched wrestling as a kid. My family said it was for white trash kids and the mentally disabled, so I wasn't allowed to watch it.

Well I'm an adult now, mom! You can't stop me! You can't even see me!

The magic of wrestling got taken away from me at young age and my parents told me that wrestling is for trash and stupid white people. So I started watching something much worse
ANIME

IDK what it is, but I know fucking no one that substitutes the word 'parents' with the word 'rents'. There was a girl I used to know from Florida who said that, so I guess it's a southern thing?

Speak AMERICAN.

I say soda and I'm not from the south, that's an East Coast thing.

If you say you want a soda here you will get a fucking carbonated water.

People who say Malk instead of Milk..fuck those people.

mrmyhthef

Really? I'm surprised that in a series packed to the gils with real life advertising people wouldn't want to promote music in it as well. It is still unfortunate that those sons will be missing.

Well I don't want to say for a fact that they will be gone, just putting the possibility on the table. I'm not too savvy about this kind of thing to be honest.

Ilvocare

I never watched wrestling as a kid. My family said it was for white trash kids and the mentally disabled, so I wasn't allowed to watch it.

That's literally the situation, although do you end up paying specifically for the ability to watch it live, or is there just internet you can use now?

I'll be honest, I'm so far out of the loop that the loop is a goddamn fable that I'm searching the truth of.

Shackzam

We had Chopper as a Stance character, with Zoro being a rushdown charge character. Usopp was a zoning/trap character. Nami was trap/technical setups. Robin was a grappler with a lot of ranged based grapples similar to Anakaris. Sanji... We didn't have any good ideas for Sanji so he was just a rushdown, same with Luffy since MCs are always fundamentals. Franky has a cola meter and starts with max but can't refill it. Brook has a ton of quick attacks that do zero damage but put points into a counter that as it gets higher will do more damage when a finisher is done, ala him putting his sword away, with certain finishers being tied to a certain number of hits.
Sanji we had as the pure rushdown character, similar to Dudley or akihiko, but with kicks and that compared to the rest of the cast he would have the shortest normals in the game, but gets tools to get in. The only reason only reason we had work as a stance character because of the sword styles, but zoro could be a pseudo stance character. Either way our base idea with zoro was that he did good damage, but with short combos. I like chopper being a pure stance character. I like the cola meter for Franky and that it would affect how his moves work or his general speed, his game plan has to always have cola bar (similar to Hakan or Sin). The Brooks shit actually seems like a legit new kind of character design, I like that a lot.

Law I have as a kid range set up/control character and that he can end most of his combos with a bubble set up and mix them up that way. He can use the bubbles in his neutral game. I could just keep on talking about this shit all day and we still wouldn't cover all of the characters.

Also, wow. That is a harsh comment from your family.

Oh, you have absolutely no clue. But this ain't RealGAF so we're not going into that today.

The magic of wrestling got taken away from me at young age and my parents told me that wrestling is for trash and stupid white people. So I started watching something much worse
ANIME

I got bit by the anime and wrestling bug at the same time, but wrestling was forbidden so the anime got all my attention. Soon DBZ and Yugioh were all I talked about. Then the YuYu Hakushos and the Full Metal Alchemists and the Fruits Baskets took over and my life was ruined from then on.

My white friend, when I lived in Germany, tried to introduce me to wrestling. He said it was cool, but my mind couldn't wrap itself around a bunch of dudes saying corny shit into a mic, and rolling around for a hour, and checked out.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Most places call it Soda. I call it Soda. I'm from the West Coast.

Fraudthaou confirmed.
Everywhere that uses anything other than Pop in their common vernacular isn't a real place. They are stuck in limbo.

No no no... the worst is the bagel/pillow debate.

People say Malk? Wat.
Yup, some people here will say "Hey! Can you get me a glass of malk?"

I'm just like..how about your shut the fuck up and get yourself some milk.
I fucking love that video.

Randy too..that vid is amazing.
Everywhere that uses anything other than Pop in their common vernacular isn't a real place. They are stuck in limbo.

No no no... the worst is the bagel/pillow debate.
Do I even wanna know?

In the south, it's Coke. It's all Coke.

I know when I lived in Ohio, it was pop. Fuck pop.

That's literally the situation, although do you end up paying specifically for the ability to watch it live, or is there just internet you can use now?

I'll be honest, I'm so far out of the loop that the loop is a goddamn fable that I'm searching the truth of.

I watch it on Hulu primarily, but for Payperviews I have the WWE Network. If you want to get into wrestling on the cheap, I'll PM you something and recommend some things.

I could just keep on talking about this shit all day and we still wouldn't cover all of the characters.

I'll see if I can find the doc with all our ideas tomorrow, we went on and on with this shit for hours.

Ilvocare

Speak AMERICAN.

Oh this is hilarious.

Yes, I think I'm the only person who uses " 'rents" to refer to parents. Even stranger, I only do that substitution in text on the internet.

Likewise, I'll frequently say "Thank you kindly" in reaction to things instead of just "thank you". However I won't type that out on the Internet normally.

I'm actually more south than the South. Enough that I'm basically anti-anti-North.
The terrifying land of MIAMI

There are people who insist that the correct way to say bagel (bAY-G(soft e)EL) is ba-gul.
And some people say pallow instead of pillow. People who aren't from the UK.

I say bagel <.< the fuck is the bagul shit? Sounds like a pokemon.

I'll slap a bitch nigga who says pallow instead of pillow.
Bagel pillow? Who? What?

Oh... Well.. Ok.
I can be kind of a straightforward dick irl in certain situations.

Ilvocare

I watch it on Hulu primarily, but for Payperviews I have the WWE Network. If you want to get into wrestling on the cheap, I'll PM you something and recommend some things.

I dunno man, it seems like an Ouroboros of disappointment that people keep fighting for in order to find that answer.

Then again...

Oh god I'll never live again will I?

Top Bottom