• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

joe2187

Banned
YOO!!!

Pat repping RezHD in the latest Mario RPG Vid.

I fucking loved that game, I wish it was on PC. I really wish Xbone had an digital X360 mode for all it's digital games.

ultimax

N-n-no sir.
*Loud Sweating*

If+only+araragi+learned+how+to+say+that+before+kanbaru+_9b566435ea3439cddab60dcb72d6aa56.png

"very well."

Hmm, Pat and woolie talking about stars doing movies just for the money made me think of Ice T's reasoning for being a kangaroo man in Tank Girl.
I believe it was something along the lines of 'man, they gave me a million dollars for that role. Are you seriously going to tell me you wouldn't wear a kangaroo suit for a couple hours for a million dollars?'

I bought Valkyria Chronicles for 10 bucks and just started playing it and this game might as well be subtitled "War is Kawaii"

I can't remember another instance of me hating the story yet loving the gameplay as much as with that game.

joe2187

Banned

The movies have soured me on ever reading them. I know thats stupid to judge the books by the movies, but i cant really read something thats already become so saturated that any sense of surprise or mystery has been taken away.

I already know what happens, the characters everything at this point and I've never really watched any of the movies. But that information is literally everywhere you look.

360pages

The movies have soured me on ever reading them. I know thats stupid to judge the books by the movies, but i cant really read something thats already become so saturated that any sense of surprise or mystery has been taken away.

So spoilers?

Yeah, that can pretty much ruin it.

I already know what happens, the characters everything at this point and I've never really watched any of the movies. But that information is literally everywhere you look.
Well that's a perfectly valid reason, even though I was in the right ballpark. So hush my mouth I guess.

Whats your guys total?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=979439

I got 28 books on goodreads and 16 on Amazon.

I dont care how many people recommend it, I am never going to read Harry Potter and Hunger games series.
14 on Amazon and 17 on Goodreads.
I've never read the Hunger Games but I cannot see them standing with books like The Lord of the Rings, Dune, The Stand, Anne Frank's diary and the fucking Odyssey. And what the fuck is a Percy Jackson book doing on Amazon's list

360pages

I've never read the Hunger Games but I cannot see them standing with books like The Lord of the Rings, Dune, The Stand, Anne Frank's diary and the fucking Odyssey. And what the fuck is a Percy Jackson book doing on Amazon's list

What's wrong with Percy Jackson, I has it's flaws, but I think the first five books were pretty decent. (Not on the top 100 books ever though)

Hey, those Percy Jackson books are damn funny

You said it. It's fine for a teen adventure book but on the 100 books to read list? I don't think so
Eragon probably deserved that spot

Also, fuck me, I remember so little about The Phantom Tollbooth. I should reread it.

I recommend 1984, Animal Farm, and to a lesser extent Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World to everyone. I really enjoy dystopias and fiction as political commentary.

Eragon probably deserved that spot

Also, fuck me, I remember so little about The Phantom Tollbooth. I should reread it.
Only if George Lucas also gets credit
500px-Big_Shit_Eating_Grin.png

I know he got better, myself and 360 have talked about it a few times on here, I'm just teasing.
I'm off to bed, have a good one Frienders

uhhhhh.... No. It's good.. but not that good. Except the movie sucked dick.
If you wanted to represent a book for teens, it's a way better choice. I'd agree there's easily stuff that deserves it over it though.

If you trim the Potter and Hunger Games from the Goodreads list it's pretty solid.
I find the steam curator thing weird, O have only bought 2 games since it came out (hatoful boyfriend and huniepop) and now VNs are the only thing that shows up on my default store page. I'm not a fan of it
It doesn't learn the way amazon does, you have to use your queue to teach it what you like. Or you just turn off recommendations for the front page.

Zenfalcia

I find the steam curator thing weird, O have only bought 2 games since it came out (hatoful boyfriend and huniepop) and now VNs are the only thing that shows up on my default store page. I'm not a fan of it

Sounds about right.
If you wanted to represent a book for teens, it's a way better choice. I'd agree there's easily stuff that deserves it over it though.

If you trim the Potter and Hunger Games from the Goodreads list it's pretty solid.

It doesn't learn the way amazon does, you have to use your queue to teach it what you like. Or you just turn off recommendations for the front page.

I guess... Teens who like dragons...
Like me. I read the whole series multiple times.. ;_;

I actually really liked the Eragon series. I liked how they handled magic. No you don't need to hurdle fireballs and call down lightning, just pinch a blood vessel and give swaths of enemies aneurysms.

Also how the fuck does Hunger Games appear when Battle Royal is far superior isn't on the list?

I actually really liked the Eragon series. I liked how they handled magic. No you don't need to hurdle fireballs and call down lightning, just pinch a blood vessel and give swaths of enemies aneurysms.

Also how the fuck does Hunger Games appear when Battle Royal is far superior isn't on the list?
The magic is my favorite part of Eragon, yeah.

Fricai onr eka eddyr.
Sounds about right.
I guess... Teens who like dragons...
Like me. I read the whole series multiple times.. ;_;
They're really good. I remember I disliked the second book when it came out and I was a kid though. (Forgive me if I pass out during this conversation)

Oh the lady who wrote Inkheart also wrote a book called Dragon Rider. I recommend that. Simple fun adventure story thing, it was my favorite thing along with Narnia as a kid.
Eragon Dragon dildo. I made the joke. Night everyone
It's good you got it off your chest. I think Imma pass out too

Oh the lady who wrote Inkheart also wrote a book called Dragon Rider. I recommend that. Simple fun adventure story thing, it was my favorite thing along with Narnia as a kid.
It's good you got it off your chest. I think Imma pass out too
She also wrote two excellent sequels to inkheart
if you like dark

Zenfalcia

Fricai onr eka eddyr.They're really good. I remember I disliked the second book when it came out and I was a kid though. (Forgive me if I pass out during this conversation)

Yeah, pretty good.. I'm going to pass out too..
I grew up with this

220px-FlightofDragonsDVD.jpg

Never heard of it.

Are you me?

Top Bottom