• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

9ZHQbOs.gif
Oh cause this is the first time you've barely beaten me to the punch on a joke.
Also I forgot that Jesus' corpse is literally the entirety of part 7

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Minase is the best Bible protagonist
I don't know, Jesus kicked ass. Remember that time he did a literal table flip?
Also, his musical is amazing. That was actually Judas, but the musical is about him.
I'm looking up Jacob's ladder summaries and I'm not seeing shit about angel wrestling. I feel robbed.

Took me a second to get that.
Jacobs Ladder is a good movie, and a good Springsteen song. I don't actually know where it comes from.

Still wanna know what you guys think of a Kingdom hearts 1 lp

I never saw that. Here are my immediate thoughts.

Long-ass game. Repetitive combat. Lot of text.

It's gonna be difficult to get people watch all of any RPG even when you're really popular. But hey, if you wanna do it and think it'll be fun, go ahead and do it! Just make sure to have Princess Waifu wars every episode.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
It was a ladder match. The blessing was in a sheepskin bag suspended above the ring.
I'm hyped.
Still wanna know what you guys think of a Kingdom hearts 1 lp
Long ass game, I would play something shorter so your viewer base as well as you don't get bored. If you do, you better have enough knowledge of the game to keep it interesting.
I never saw that. Here are my immediate thoughts.

Long-ass game. Repetitive combat. Lot of text.

It's gonna be difficult to get people watch all of any RPG even when you're really popular. But hey, if you wanna do it and think it'll be fun, go ahead and do it! Just make sure to have Princess Waifu wars every episode.
I did not enjoy Kingdom Hearts. I thought the combat wasn't fun, music was great tho.
Is 2 better?

No, it's just that they steer clear of actually saying it. They use YHVH to avoid pronouncing it.

http://www.catholic.org/encyclopedia/view.php?id=6291

The proper name of God in the Old Testament ; hence the Jews called it the name by excellence, the great name, the only name, the glorious and terrible name, the hidden and mysterious name, the name of the substance, the proper name, and most frequently shem hammephorash , i.e. the explicit or the separated name, though the precise meaning of this last expression is a matter of discussion (cf. Buxtorf, "Lexicon", Basle, 1639, col. 2432 sqq.).

I did not enjoy Kingdom Hearts. I thought the combat wasn't fun, music was great tho.
Is 2 better?

Kingdom Hearts 2 is more anime and has more shit going on in combat as well as a better variety of Disney worlds, though less classics. I prefer it because it goes straight up Advent Children in the final battle and it's rad as shit, but it's certainly more anime convoluted for no real reason and is very divisive. It's worth a play through, though.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Kingdom Hearts 2 is more anime and has more shit going on in combat as well as a better variety of Disney worlds, though less classics. I prefer it because it goes straight up Advent Children in the final battle and it's rad as shit, but it's certainly more anime convoluted for no real reason and is very divisive. It's worth a play through, though.

Good thing I love anime.

Good thing I love anime.

The Disney feels kind of out of place in 2 it's so anime. You know how most of the bosses in 1 were Disney villains? Well those are still there, but now there're way cooler anime guys that are also bosses and they're all rad.

Axl I love you.

Quick question. Is enemy within (xcom) any good? I'm thinking about buying it.

I don't like it. I'm a huge tactical RPG fan and there's just something about it that I don't like, too much time spent in menus managing shit I don't care about and not enough time with actual tactics. I also don't like the art style or fog of war on every stage.

I'm hyped.

Long ass game, I would play something shorter so your viewer base as well as you don't get bored. If you do, you better have enough knowledge of the game to keep it interesting.

Is 2 better?

If you're willing to edit down some random battles, especially late into the LP, that would help a lot with repetitiveness.

It's probably too long. There would be tons to talk about, though.
Well me and my best friend are big fans of Kingdom hearts and plus id say itd be as long as the chrono trigger LP, also not to brag but im really good at Kingdom Hearts.

Well me and my best friend are big fans of Kingdom hearts and plus id say itd be as long as the chrono trigger LP, also not to brag but im really good at Kingdom Hearts.

2 person LP that shit man. If the two of you are huge fans then the commentary would be better served by just having the two of you talk about it.

I don't like it. I'm a huge tactical RPG fan and there's just something about it that I don't like, too much time spent in menus managing shit I don't care about and not enough time with actual tactics. I also don't like the art style or fog of war on every stage.
I think you're thinking about the base game. Enemy within is an expansion. I think.

Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix is one of the greatest gameplay experiences ever created

It also gave me this moment where my inner dumb fanboy always squeals.
tumblr_mjxpa8kMBW1r5a8zgo4_500.gif

Even though I fucking hate Squall, he is a cool design and seeing him next to Cloud makes me jizz a little.

I think you're thinking about the base game. Enemy within is an expansion. I think.

Oh, okay, yeah no, no clue. All I've heard is that it makes everything way easier and more actiony.

It's not really your typical shonen as it goes on, and eventually switches over to seinin. Parts 1-3 are straight up shonen, though.
How long are the parts by the way? That's another thing that makes me shy away from certain thing. I don't like things that go on too long.

Hey guys my channel may be becoming a two person channel since one of us is moving and one of us would rather just edit.
So instead of W101 me and my best friend are thinking of doing Kingdom Hearts 1. What do you guys think?

Sucks to hear about your friend moving, but like I said, two people is the magic number. Now our rivalry will be even more fierce! Going after those tag-titles.

Squishy3

How long are the parts by the way? That's another thing that makes me shy away from certain thing. I don't like things that go on too long.
It's generally around ~150 chapters for each part excluding parts 1 and 2 because they're shorter than the rest. Part 7 is 95 chapters, but it marked the series switching to a monthly format so each chapter is longer.

Keep in mind, for the most part, each part is wildly different in tone and even characters so you can feel like you're reading an entirely different series and it keeps it fresh.

And we need more than 3 or 4 people who've read part 7 in this thread.

The hebrew bible used YHVH for God. It was only said aloud once a year by a High Priest n the Holy of Holies. Until Vatican II the catholic church didn't use the term. The Catholic Church then edited out Yahweh because of how it might offend Jewish people.

Huh. I should let my parochial school from 7-8th grade know that. They still use Yahweh to this day in some hymns.

It's so weird to see press releases of Christian business news. I forget that there are business interests that provide religious icons/texts to churches/mosques/synagogues.

Top Bottom