• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Oberon

Banned
I played KH because of the Disney characters, and I didn't even know that those other character where from a different game.
What I am saying, Cloud and One-wing-is-missing-long-white-hair-guy might aswell be KH characters.

I played KH because of the Disney characters, and I didn't even know that those other character where from a different game.
What I am saying, Cloud and One-wing-is-missing-long-white-hair-guy might aswell be KH characters.

new-girl-youths.gif

Xiraiya

Yeah I actually really liked the Premise of Kingdom Hearts and find it pretty fun, I almost feel like it doesn't need the FF Cameos as I enjoy the KH Square characters more in some cases.

Are you really old enough to be using that?

Completely forgot about it!

Shoot.

If you haven't, highly recommend picking up KH2.5

The amount of content packed into the Final Mix version of 2 is beyond staggering. Makes it feel like a whole new game at points, especially the really cool twist at Halloween Town. Also, you get the best Kingdom Hearts game with Birth By Sleep: Final Mix being added in with an actually really good and well written story.

Xiraiya

I knew about that, back when I saw it several years ago and (somewhat stupidly) cared more about Kingdom Hearts than I currently do.

I don't know, KH has some silly stuff, but up until FF Type-0 and XV, I would have said that the series was in much better shape than Final Fantasy was.

If you haven't, highly recommend picking up KH2.5

The amount of content packed into the Final Mix version of 2 is beyond staggering. Makes it feel like a whole new game at points, especially the really cool twist at Halloween Town. Also, you get the best Kingdom Hearts game with Birth By Sleep: Final Mix being added in with an actually really good and well written story.

Link me a comparison review.

I didnt pick it up because I've played the vanilla games on their respective consoles(my brother is a HUGE KH fanboy).

YOOOO KH TALK I CAN GET INTO THIS

I hate how coded broke the tradition of "what the fuck is going on" final boss sequences. It was so lack luster after the fucking amazing moment that is the ending of 2. 1 and Days are good runner ups

croten

What about the rest? And isn't this tremendously late?

It has just been one mess after the other. I'm glas they actually put some effort to fix them, but I wish these issues wouldn't constantly arise in the first place. Whether it be DLC, embargo vagueness and review copies, none of this should have been a problem. I'm going to wait and see how things work out.

I'll post my thoughts on it when I play it.

This reminds me of when an anime publisher/distributor re-releases an anime(say EVA) and includes little things like Director's Cut scenes and Dual Commentary or other stuff like that.

For 40 dollars, had I never played it, I'd be so hype to pick it up, but having played it, I don't know if I'd want to go through that again and add to my growing backlog.

Its not just 2 though, its Birth By Sleep as well. The PSP one, which I consider the best in the series. The two best versions of the two best games in the series for 40 dollars is really cheap, but if you do want to do all the side content (which I really recommend) it is definitely a time sink for both games.

Even if its somehow not done with shady intentions in mind, it still reeks of unprofessionalism.
Isn't the game getting released fucking tomorrow? They go "hey guys! We're legit! We're not setting any embargoes for the review copies....though we're not sending any review copies either".

Game goes out tomorrow. WB has been super shaddy ever since the catwomen pre owned thing with arkham city

Top Bottom