• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Sure, but I mean a statement about ND changing Ellie specifically due to Anita. There's a difference between supporting a cause (and a cause for more gender equality in games is commendable) and saying that you learned something out of it or it influenced you or your work.

I'm actually hoping you're right.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794822

Game reviews and editorials constantly reference her work when discussing the treatment of women in games.

Many developers now have a greater understanding of character tropes and the shortcomings they can lead to.

I know for me, Anita’s work was influential in my approach to writing for The Last of Us – improving its story.

I can't find the article where he elaborates on Ellie becoming more… defiant during development, but I'll keep looking. I think it was with Gamasutra or with Polygon or someone like that.

Request 10 of Flower, Sun and Rain, where Shoutaro's father is just as huge of a prick as his son.

Didn't make it farther past the diner, this time running into the father of the kid who nearly destroyed the game and is on Mondo's shit list. He first appears depressed because he somehow caused a car accident (even though cars are forbidden on the island, CERTAIN cars are allowed) and wants Mondo to find something he had lost during that incident.

We're led back to the hotel, run into Shoutaro and are led to the dumpsters outside the hotel where apparently the thing his father lost got thrown in there. But after fishing out what is a lighter, Shoutaro's father shows up and the kid claims he found it for him, even though Mondo was the one who put the effort in. Like father, like son is incredibly apt here as both characters throughout the entire chapter poke fun at Mondo's attire and lifestyle, all while breaking the fourth wall and proving once again how set up all these scenarios are in trying to waste Mondo's time. As Shoutaro's dad is about to take a smoke, the plane blows up, RIGHT as he gets a light.

Best part about the chapter though was seeing Mondo punch Shoutaro for being a shit. Catharsis doesn't even begin to describe it.

Next chapter's supposedly the one where things get even weirder. We'll see later tonight.

Really? With MGO, the buddy system, multiplayer infiltrations, Mother base, Horse poop and not to mention the fucking brain fuck of a story I am giddy at the thought of the game.

I'm not saying that I'm not hype for it but we've essentially seen everything there is at this point outside of story of course and I know what to expect just based on how Metal Gear and Ground Zeroes itself played, and that's nowhere near as exciting to me as what P5 is looking to offer.

I'm still a huge Metal Gear fan but I've been getting more and more into RPG's than anything in recent years.

Xiraiya

Xiraiya!!!!!!!
tumblr_m1luwaHbEL1qj313eo1_250.gif

Top Bottom