• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

If there's one thing I'm noticing as I play KH2 again it's that as confusing and overcomplicated the main plot is it's still better than the completely laughable Disney world plots. That stuff is so half-assed it's not even funny.

"Oh no! Uh, Jaffar is kidnapping, umm, Jasmine and Pete is there! But Heartless too!"

boQRQtN.png

360pages

"Oh no! Uh, Jaffar is kidnapping, umm, Jasmine and Pete is there! But Heartless too!"

KH1 was better integrated into the overarching plot. Everything after that is just a pull. There are some nice ones that tie into the universe nicely, like Tron or the FF characters...but everything else sucks.

KH1 was better integrated into the overarching plot. Everything after that is just a pull. There are some nice ones that tie into the universe nicely, like Tron or the FF characters...but everything else sucks.
Funny enough, Tron was the reason I decided to even check out the series in the first place because of it being in KH2. Played 1 and 2 back to back in 2006 and did not really return to any of them until now.

Man the New Monster Hunter 4 U freehunt is so much better. You still get resource points, but it's a randomly generated dungeon that you can mine rusted gear from, that isn't just charms or rustshards, it can be anything, and most of the time they have abnormal stats or slotted in charms. It looks like a great way to just casually hunt, whereas in 3U there was never really any point.

Squishy3

I like the idea that Ansem was like "YOU KNOW WHAT SHOULD BE THE COMPUTER SYSTEM FOR MY TOWN? ENCOM'S COMPUTER SYSTEM!"

And then Xehanort's like "You know what I should do? I should reinstall the MCP!"

My goto Sonic OST that's not Adventure is Rush
Man the New Monster Hunter 4 U freehunt is so much better. You still get resource points, but it's a randomly generated dungeon that you can mine rusted gear from, that isn't just charms or rustshards, it can be anything, and most of the time they have abnormal stats or slotted in charms. It looks like a great way to just casually hunt, whereas in 3U there was never really any point.
I would use it as a fun way to quickly hunt something for the resource points, but that sounds way more interesting and fun. Bloodborne has that random dungeon too. I need more optional awesome content.

My goto Sonic OST that's not Adventure is Rush
I would use it as a fun way to quickly hunt something for the resource points, but that sounds way more interesting and fun. Bloodborne has that random dungeon too. I need more optional awesome content.

Also, I read up that you can melt down shit charms to try again for new ones with frenzy crystals, so that'll cut down dramatically on charm mining. 3 charms to get a new roll.

360pages

I like the idea that Ansem was like "YOU KNOW WHAT SHOULD BE THE COMPUTER SYSTEM FOR MY TOWN? ENCOM'S COMPUTER SYSTEM!"

And then Xehanort's like "You know what I should do? I should reinstall the MCP!"

It makes the most and the less sense at the same time.

Also, a nice reference that world in Kingdom Hearts 3D. And the Tron Legacy world.

Also, I read up that you can melt down shit charms to try again for new ones with frenzy crystals, so that'll cut down dramatically on charm mining. 3 charms to get a new roll.
Oh thank god. Charm Tables were the dumbest shit too, I gotta check if they're still in.
Edit: Ok it changes every boot. That's better.

Top Bottom