• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Oberon

Banned
... I'm sorry for the thing I did in your dreams, Oberon.

I never dreamt about you tho

I think this happened to Seraphis or someone else here too

Does this mean you'd dick punch your boyfriend over a dream you had too?

Haha I am woman, right.
I shoudl have expected that joke :p

My friend hit me in the nuts with a baseball bat when we were 8.

I took it from him and broke his leg. We weren't friends anymore.

Jeez, where on earth do you live?

semisonic

Banned
Oh, I was an antisocial pessimistic stubborn elitist asshole until a year ago.

I've changed so much, it's crazy.

I used to be one of those back in junior high because I thought it was cool. Forced myself to frown all the time(because cool guys don't smile), never stopped flaunting my intelligence, and had a superiority complex to boot.
And then I realized its way easier and cooler to just be a easygoing goofy guy
who just happened to be better than everyone else at everything.
It also meant that I didn't have to be embarrassed at being such a goddamn airhead the rest of the time. I realized that people already knew I was super smart, and I didn't have to keep pushing it so hard, and trying to be someone I'm not. Had more fun in my life, and got more popular too. Turns out my smile was my best feature all along.
Superiority complex is still kinda there, but not nearly as bad as it was then. Now it's just kind of a fake massive ego that's secretly a little real.

I don't even want to talk about what a crazy asshole elementary school me was. Pwhooph.

I am CringeGAF. Let's goooooooo!

image.php

I'm not ready for Ultra Violent GAF.
I once broke a girls leg by accident, it was mostly her fault tho.
I was born ready

This one time this kid punch me in the back of the head. I just happened to have broken my wrist a couple weeks before hand and I may have broke his nose with my cast
No that's his o face. I wanted to mix it up instead of using Nicholson again.
It was a 1 in 3 chance of either that, him being disturbed or him running into a random battle

Beloved

I should let it go, but fuck that. I have a problem with holding grudges. Luckily, it takes something extreme to actually make me angry, so it has happened very rarely. I'm happy that since I moved before high school, i'll never have to see her again. Fuck her for trying to blackmail me for something I didn't do. I don't care that we were ten, fuck her anyway.

It takes something extreme, but a 10 year old lying still has you pissed off?

Being like this about minor shit is just going to make you a very bitter and entitled person one day. Have fun with that.

I never dreamt about you tho

Haha I am woman, right.
I shoudl have expected that joke :p

Jeez, where on earth do you live?
I used to live in a small, suburbian town in New Jersey. Now I live in a bigger, shittier suburbian town where most of my neighbors are stereotypical white trash and most of my friends are drug dealers. Oh, and as my father put it, "A whole lotta blacks and mexicans." followed by a story about how when he was my age, they would have been run out of the neighborhood. I haven't had any trouble since I moved, which is shocking to me.

Man, I just got through spending an hour playing G Gen Overworld for my stupid essay on why it sucks. Spent 10-20 minutes on menu stuff for the "strategy layer" and like 40+ minutes on one level. Didn't even finish the level and accidentally left CWCheats on, so a bunch of shit is labelled "Lvl 99" even through they're more like level 10-15 (with one level 2 unit).

semisonic

Banned
You gotta make sure you rub the correct boob otherwise she'll get upset.

I refound those like a month ago.
Played through most of them, just wound up chuckling through almost all of the games, and then occasionally feeling really uncomfortable.
They're hilariously terrible.
And let's not even talk about those mechanics...

Xiraiya

It takes something extreme, but a 10 year old lying still has you pissed off?
Being like this about minor shit is just going to make you a very bitter and entitled person one day. Have fun with that.

Way too many people end up that way anyway, so it's not all that surprising.

Zenfalcia

To quote a thing from twitter "After high school you realize you were only friends with some people because you saw them five times a week." I thought some people were my friends, but i realized they really weren't.

I was the complete opposite, I just kind of stopped trying to interact with people and let them come to me, had a very small group of nerdy friends by doing that. This picture is very accurate to life.

It totally worked. It's a one time thing though.

For the pants? Or the eye? I'm talking about the pants.

To quote a thing from twitter "After high school you realize you were only friends with some people because you saw them five times a week." I thought some people were my friends, but i realized they really weren't.

For the pants? Or the eye? I'm talking about the pants.

I'm talking about the eye lol.

Pants are fine as long as you know how to double knot.

I used to be one of those back in junior high because I thought it was cool. Forced myself to frown all the time(because cool guys don't smile), never stopped flaunting my intelligence, and had a superiority complex to boot.
And then I realized its way easier and cooler to just be a easygoing goofy guy
who just happened to be better than everyone else at everything.
It also meant that I didn't have to be embarrassed at being such a goddamn airhead the rest of the time. I realized that people already knew I was super smart, and I didn't have to keep pushing it so hard, and trying to be someone I'm not. Had more fun in my life, and got more popular too. Turns out my smile was my best feature all along.
Superiority complex is still kinda there, but not nearly as bad as it was then. Now it's just kind of a fake massive ego that's secretly a little real.

I don't even want to talk about what a crazy asshole elementary school me was. Pwhooph.

If only Kanye would learn.

I looked at all these people’s photos and they look so real and their outfits were incredible and they weren’t smiling and people, you know the paparazzi, always come up to me, "Why you not smiling?" and I think, not smiling makes me smile … When you see paintings in an old castle, people are not smiling ’cause it just wouldn’t look as cool.

Played through most of them, just wound up chuckling through almost all of the games, and then occasionally feeling really uncomfortable.

I can thank those games and their realism for all the successes I've had with women.

The mechanical change from shaking the mouse to clicking on buttons was quite revolutionary.

Yeah, right? I only keep in touch with one dude from high school. It helps we live together.

Zenfalcia

I cringe every time I think about the time when I had hair like that..

W-what's wrong with hair like that? >_>
Man, I just got through spending an hour playing G Gen Overworld for my stupid essay on why it sucks. Spent 10-20 minutes on menu stuff for the "strategy layer" and like 40+ minutes on one level. Didn't even finish the level and accidentally left CWCheats on, so a bunch of shit is labelled "Lvl 99" even through they're more like level 10-15 (with one level 2 unit).

why didn't you pick something more fun?
I'm talking about the eye lol.

Pants are fine as long as you know how to double knot.

I guess.

I'm always ready.

ALRIGHT HERE WE GO CRINGE AHEAD.

So I always show up pretty early for my criminology class and wait out in the hall with my friend and we shoot the shit or whatever. This past Tuesday however we noticed something kinda weird, this kid who had never really been around this entire semester started showing up and he looks like a pretty normal guy but when he starts talking you can tell he has some sort of social disability.
On Tuesday we didn't think much of it he was just talking super loudly with this guy as he left the building and it was whatever we thought they knew each other, cut to today and that guy is here and he's doing the "talk to everyone in hall even if no one's responding." kinda thing. When I showed up he was rambling on and on about how people who were committing hate crimes should be put to death blah blah blah, which can be fair discussion on deterrence and shit but the people he was talking to just gave zero fucks and he kept rambling on and on very loudly in a hallway that was otherwise dead silent.
Then this huge fucking dude with a beard walks in with a bike helmet and his headphones in and he's just waiting to get into class like the rest of us, and then the awkward guy walks up to him and asks "What kind of bike do you drive?" the guy doesn't notice it at first and the kid keeps asking about two more times and bearded dude responds "I dont drive a bike I ride one, do you have a bike?" and the awkward guy just kinda rambles on that he drives a car not a bike and it's obvious the bearded dude just doesn't want to talk so he just nods and says "Ok cool." and put his headphones back in.
This pissed awkward guy off for some reason and started accusing the bearded dude of being a homophobe like over and over and that he was gonna hack the deans computer and give him failing grades on his transcript and he's going on and on walking around the hallway about how rude the bearded dude was being and all the stuff he was going to do to him and we're all just sitting here in the hallway watching this guy try and hold his temper and the awkward guy comes back for more.
This prompts bearded dude to drop his bag and make us all think he's about to kill the guy but he just tells him to fuck off repeatedly until he kinda verbally pushed him out the building.
I'm not too excited for this kid to become a recurring event on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Tl;DR awkward kid tries to make conversation and fails only to accuse the guy he tried talking to of being a homophobe and we all thought the kid was going to die

semisonic

Banned
I can thank those games and their realism for all the successes I've had with women.
You're single again this valentine's day, aren't you
The mechanical change from shaking the mouse to clicking on buttons was quite revolutionary.
You don't even fucking know.
I was playing on trackpad.
If only Kanye would learn.
Hey, rappers aren't allowed to smile.
It would mean that everyone could steal the gold they've loaded up onto their teeth too easily.
Grills are the dumbest

Beloved

The teenage years are the fucking worst, I dont get how people get away with saying that's the best time of your life.

Everyone sucks because they dont know their ass from a hole in the ground, hormones and emotions are out of control, everything feels way more important than it really is, nearly everyone has family problems or other "realGAF" type shit happening, and you're told you need to know what to with the rest of your life by the time your 18.

Fuckkkk that shit.

The teenage years are the fucking worst, I dont get how people get away with saying that's the best time of your life.

Everyone sucks because they dont know their ass from a hole in the ground, hormones and emotions are out of control, everything feels way more important than it really is, nearly everyone has family problems or other "realGAF" type shit happening, and you're told you need to know what to with the rest of your life by the time your 18.

Fuckkkk that shit.

You can do semi illegal shit and only sometimes go to jail. That's a pretty good deal

You guys are making Vidula seem like one of the raddest people I know.

Don't do that to me please.

The good news is that I'm completely out of cringe and realgaf stories..you fuckers know everything embarrassing about me now.

Fuckkkk that shit.
That's something older generations used to say because you could go out and get a decent job, a car, and basically start your life at 18. You can't do that now, you go from one school to another and accumulate a fuck ton of debt. It's a whole different game now then it was 20 or 30 years ago.

Top Bottom