• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

At my coffee shop I saw these two people on a date. One of them was a regular whom I knew named Kevin. Super funny guy, and really personable. His date was very curt and polite and kind of no nonsense.

So as I'm watching them, I notice that Kevin tells this lady, "My car just got towed, I'll be right back." And I see him literally sprint from the coffee shop. Now I have this lady sitting here sipping her coffee and not really causing any trouble. Just waiting.

Toward the end of my shift, about 2 hours later, I look back where she was sitting to see if she left so I could sweep where she was. She was still waiting.

It then dawned on me that Kevin had peaced the fuck out and this girl thinks he's coming back. At like 6:55 I told her, "We close in 5 minutes."

She responded with, "You think I just got stood up, don't you?!"

And then she stands up and starts walking towards me.

I responded with hastily, "Not at all!"'s and "Stood up? You? No way!"'s.

She stared at me during this entire exchange and begins to scream at me and my co worker, "Fuck you! Fuck you! I'm pretty, I'm capable! Fuck anyone who can't see that!" And she storms out.

Mind you the shop still had people in it, namely two regulars named Ron and Ken. After a silence, they both start laughing their asses off but me and my co worker are too shaken up to join in.

That's a real cringe story.

Kevin is an asshole. Fuck him. He makes us with penises look bad.

Beloved

Since Beloved posts here, everyday is petGAF for me.

tumblr_ne2e1v7cS41snltj3o1_500.gif

So from what I played of Persona 3,
Elizabeth
is best girl
Well yeah. She's super charming.

In other news,
Now, let’s move on to Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.

As some of you may have heard, we have been getting some assistance from SkyBladeCloud, who is a very well-known programmer in the fan translation scene, and has done work on many projects, including texture mods for other games. He’s very skilled, and was one of the major people at Operation DOOMTRAIN, which I was part of. He’s been working with us to look around the game, and so far, we like what we’re seeing. Font pointers, bitmaps, text, and a few other things have been discovered. It’s a little hard to explain, but what we can say is that it looks like we’re on to something. If SkyBladeCloud joins our team, progress will really make leaps, and we could show info as early as the fall season. All I can say for now is that all image files in the game have been translated, and all I need to do is insert them into the game, so that’s about 20% translated.
Source I'm hyped.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Speaking of the PlaystationTV, it's on sale for 50% off tomorrow morning on Amazon.

For $40, it's worth it, even with the limited compatibility.

Beloved

He came in the next day and I asked him about it, he said he felt bad but that she was talking about marriage and it was the first time they had ever met.

Honestly I don't understand the whole "OH NO SHE MENTIONED MARRIAGE, I'M SCARED" mentality.

Like...most people want to get married some day. Is this a secret?

Xiraiya

I suppose so. It's nice to have inputs fron other people to not have just one view of things.
Well, you guys are weird and kind of embarrassing and do/say things I can't find real logical reason for sometimes. But then again most people seem to be all pretty much like that so I guess you guys aren't that abnormal in the grand scheme of things.
However I don't really think too negatively of any of you and I am more than happy to offer some advice/perspective in the times of real GAF since I hope it helps in times of growing.

I say some obscene things sometimes and I apologize for that, but I do say them for a reason.

semisonic

Banned
You thought CringeGaf was over, but it was me, DIO!

Eventually you'll share a story of the details of your past...

It'll be cringe-worthy I bet.

Allright I'm jumping in there.
So a little prefacing.
Throughout my life, due to all my self confidence issues and whatever, I've been pursued romantically far more than I've ever pursued others(partially because I didn't even think I was deserving of such a thing). I was also really fucking oblivious to the world and people around me, and even moreso romantically(as in I barely noticed unless they went out of their way to spell it out for me in one form or another).
So with that being said, let's dive in to one of several stories that came out of these traits. Taken on their own, they aren't the worst, but as a whole... They tell a sad story indeed.

So back in junior year, I was in English class with a girl. She was a really nice, pretty cool girl(as I later learned), and she'd been in my English class for about 2 years. Apparently during those years, she developed a bit of a crush on me, though I hadn't the foggiest idea that this was happening. So one day, after class, the girl walks up to me. She's a little tense, and a bit embarassed, to the point where even I could tell something's going on. And she says to me, "Hey [semisonic], I've umm.. I've got something to tell you. But first, I want to know one thing."
At this point I could tell what's coming. So I ask what she wants to know.
"What's my name?"
I just kinda stand there for a while. The girl, though she certainly spoke up in class a bit, and had been in my class for 2 years at that point, had a name that I couldn't remember for the life of me. (It was in fact a rather odd name, and one that most people don't have.) So I fumble around in my mind for a while, remembering only that it starts with an m. I'd feel too fucking bad if I didn't say anything, so I at least try for it.
I get it wrong. She gives me a hint. Because it is still a very uncommon name, and because I don't bother with that sort of thing for the most part unless the person in question is my friend, I fuck it up still.
Since I know what it is she built up the courage to say, I feel fucking awful. But after I fuck it up 2 times, she kinda down and whispers, "well that's discouraging."
I get super embarrassed and look for any excuse to shift my own failure onto anyone else(including her) something I'm deeply ashamed of to this day, even more so than the rest of the incident. "You should speak up more in class"
"I do, actually. A good deal." etc.
It's super pathetic, but I was out of my element due to my own romantic issues, and I was floundering around like there was no tomorrow. At the end of this fucking travesty, I ask her what she wanted to say. She told me it was nothing, and kinda walked away with her shoulders slouched.
So, in the end, I made an effort to learn her name, and we wound up being somewhere between acquaintances and friends, but I doubt I will ever fuck things up this much in a confession ever again(although I've had some close calls). I still feel like a huge piece of shit whenever I think about how I responded to her feelings, but she later wound up with a nice guy for the rest of high school(better suited to a relationship than my immature ass was, too), so I guess everything worked out way better than it could have.

I still suck at names tho. You'd think this would have made me pay more attention to them, but I just can't remember that shit.

Honestly I don't understand the whole "OH NO SHE MENTIONED MARRIAGE, I'M SCARED" mentality.

Like...most people want to get married some day. Is this a secret?

It's a big scary secret, and it can never be mentioned unless you've been dating for 5 plus years. Even then it's scary...because spooky commitment ooooOOooohhhh...

It's a big scary secret, and it can never be mentioned unless you've been dating for 5 plus years. Even then it's scary...because spooky commitment ooooOOooohhhh...
Marriage just ain't for some people. I know I'll never get married myself. I don't see the point.
I'll never get the chance anyway.

Top Bottom