• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Zenfalcia

ALRIGHT HERE WE GO CRINGE AHEAD.

So I always show up pretty early for my criminology class and wait out in the hall with my friend and we shoot the shit or whatever. This past Tuesday however we noticed something kinda weird, this kid who had never really been around this entire semester started showing up and he looks like a pretty normal guy but when he starts talking you can tell he has some sort of social disability.
On Tuesday we didn't think much of it he was just talking super loudly with this guy as he left the building and it was whatever we thought they knew each other, cut to today and that guy is here and he's doing the "talk to everyone in hall even if no one's responding." kinda thing. When I showed up he was rambling on and on about how people who were committing hate crimes should be put to death blah blah blah, which can be fair discussion on deterrence and shit but the people he was talking to just gave zero fucks and he kept rambling on and on very loudly in a hallway that was otherwise dead silent.
Then this huge fucking dude with a beard walks in with a bike helmet and his headphones in and he's just waiting to get into class like the rest of us, and then the awkward guy walks up to him and asks "What kind of bike do you drive?" the guy doesn't notice it at first and the kid keeps asking about two more times and bearded dude responds "I dont drive a bike I ride one, do you have a bike?" and the awkward guy just kinda rambles on that he drives a car not a bike and it's obvious the bearded dude just doesn't want to talk so he just nods and says "Ok cool." and put his headphones back in.
This pissed awkward guy off for some reason and started accusing the bearded dude of being a homophobe like over and over and that he was gonna hack the deans computer and give him failing grades on his transcript and he's going on and on walking around the hallway about how rude the bearded dude was being and all the stuff he was going to do to him and we're all just sitting here in the hallway watching this guy try and hold his temper and the awkward guy comes back for more.
This prompts bearded dude to drop his bag and make us all think he's about to kill the guy but he just tells him to fuck off repeatedly until he kinda verbally pushed him out the building.
I'm not too excited for this kid to become a recurring event on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Tl;DR awkward kid tries to make conversation and fails only to accuse the guy he tried talking to of being a homophobe and we all thought the kid was going to die

it must've been really awkward, especially since the kid doesn't know social norms, which might be due to some mental or social disability? who knows.
Oh god we're going real deep into CringeGAF.

Must... not... make sarcastic... comments.

Who are you kidding here? You're going to make those sarcastic comments regardless if it was CringeGaf or not.

Jeez guys I wasn't trying to play this up as like anime club levels.
The shit was super awkward to see in person especially when it was on the verge of a kid getting his head smashed into a wall and if I could somehow recollect all the shit he rambled on about I would because it was a lotttttttttttt.
It's the fact that this probably won't be the last time that happens is what's spooky

why didn't you pick something more fun?
Because if I'm going to complain about something, I want to complain about something that has legitimate problems.

Also, it's a Gundam game, and I'm willing to take what I can get when it comes to those, since fucking Bandai Namco refuses to even do a bare bones localization for Gundam Breaker.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
You guys are making Vidula seem like one of the raddest people I know.

Don't do that to me please.

Wonder if he wants to play Ultimax tonight...

Also, you know what's fucking bullshit? Going to Yamahas website to download a driver needed to use a keyboard for MIDI input and their website is saying the driver doesn't exist. This keyboard came out like 3 years ago, what the fuck.

The teenage years are the fucking worst, I dont get how people get away with saying that's the best time of your life.

Everyone sucks because they dont know their ass from a hole in the ground, hormones and emotions are out of control, everything feels way more important than it really is, nearly everyone has family problems or other "realGAF" type shit happening, and you're told you need to know what to with the rest of your life by the time your 18.

Fuckkkk that shit.
It's bullshit really. Still, the teenage years are the best time to do stupid/kinda illegal shit cause no responsibility. I know i did.

The shit was super awkward to see in person especially when it was on the verge of a kid getting his head smashed into a wall and if I could somehow recollect all the shit he rambled on about I would because it was a lotttttttttttt.
It's the fact that this probably won't be the last time that happens is what's spooky

I honestly was expecting something like you seeing a couple break up or something like that.

Zenfalcia

You guys are making Vidula seem like one of the raddest people I know.

Don't do that to me please.

He is, you're the one in denial.
The teenage years are the fucking worst, I dont get how people get away with saying that's the best time of your life.

Everyone sucks because they dont know their ass from a hole in the ground, hormones and emotions are out of control, everything feels way more important than it really is, nearly everyone has family problems or other "realGAF" type shit happening, and you're told you need to know what to with the rest of your life by the time your 18.

Fuckkkk that shit.

It's the best, everyone bumbles around like idiots. I think middle school is worst than highschool, since that's when hormones are om full swing at least by highschool you should have your act together to a certain degree.

Xiraiya

Eventually you'll share a story of the details of your past...
It'll be cringe-worthy I bet.

Alright, well lets see, I was lazy with some of my classes because I didn't care for what we were learning, the people I hung out with were pretty varied, I had a few circles I'd move between, from jocks to nerds, I took Drama because it was easy, the most embarrassing thing about it was being in plays but you do what you have to and move on.

My favorite class was "Foods" and I was pretty damn good at it at the time, and most of the interesting stories I had are ones I now no longer remember for the most part, but they were all mostly outside of school on weekends and amounted to dumb people doing dumb things after drinking way too much.

That's about it.

zeemumu

I was watching the first day and furious and there's a disclaimer for safety by Paul Walker at the beginning. Then there's the line "dudes got enough Nos to blow himself up. "

Oberon

Banned
Oh god we're going real deep into CringeGAF.

Must... not... make sarcastic... comments.

Oh please, we are used to it by now

The good news is that I'm completely out of cringe and realgaf stories..you fuckers know everything embarrassing about me now.

I-I might be too. The only things I have left is some of the lewd things some girl in my class do. But they may be not that interesting, because I post them somtimes here and get ignored.

Grab a digital audio recorder and record him doing that shit. If anything, it might be useful if he really pisses someone off and gets his ass beat down.

It takes something extreme, but a 10 year old lying still has you pissed off?

Being like this about minor shit is just going to make you a very bitter and entitled person one day. Have fun with that.
To be honest, that's the only thing that i'm still mad about. Someone who I considered a friend tried to fuck me over to get her way. I was well liked, but I had very few actual friends, and I thought she was one of them. I defended her when people were talking shit about her, and I was the nicest I could possibly be, though I was like that to everyone, and she still betrayed my trust. That shit is just something that has never settled right with me. I know I should let it go, it's just that's the type of thing that makes me furious.

Beloved

It's the best, everyone bumbles around like idiots. I think middle school is worst than highschool, since that's when hormones are om full swing at least by highschool you should have your act together to a certain degree.

Middle school was awkward but hormones in full swing? Middle school ends before puberty for most people.

Zenfalcia

Wouldn't it be AwkwardGaf, and not really cringe? Since that's not cringe worthy.
Because if I'm going to complain about something, I want to complain about something that has legitimate problems.

Also, it's a Gundam game, and I'm willing to take what I can get when it comes to those, since fucking Bandai Namco refuses to even do a bare bones localization for Gundam Breaker.

As long as you are motivated to do it... It should be all good.

Oh please, we are used to it by now

I-I might be too. The only things I have left is some of the lewd things some girl in my class do. But they may be not that interesting, because I post them somtimes here and get ignored.

I wonder how far I've fallen down Xiraiya's list of rad people.

Zenfalcia

Alright, well lets see, I was lazy with some of my classes because I didn't care for what we were learning, the people I hung out with were pretty varied, I had a few circles I'd move between, from jocks to nerds, I took Drama because it was easy, the most embarrassing thing about it was being in plays but you do what you have to and move on.

My favorite class was "Foods" and I was pretty damn good at it at the time, and most of the interesting stories I had are ones I now no longer remember for the most part, but they were all mostly outside of school on weekends and amounted to dumb people doing dumb things after drinking way too much.

That's about it.

What an amazing past.
Middle school was awkward but hormones in full swing? Middle school ends before puberty for most people.

Hmm... Maybe I'm getting mixed up with middle school and high school...

Beloved

I wonder how far I've fallen down Xiraiya's list of rad people.

You're fine xD

Also his list would be called something more like "People I Can Tolerate for More Than 20 Minutes Without Thinking Anything Homicidal"

Why does everything sound like a Gintama episode title

You're fine xD

Also his list would be called something more like "People I Can Tolerate for More Than 20 Minutes Without Thinking Anything Homicidal"

Why does everything sound like a Gintama episode title
Because you've watched too much Gintama, you've been exposed for too long and you are now tainted.

Thanks!

I never did actually a thing
but the fact that I might have a step-sister makes the whole thing way more creepy
The lore goes deeper..

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I honestly was expecting something like you seeing a couple break up or something like that.

At my coffee shop I saw these two people on a date. One of them was a regular whom I knew named Kevin. Super funny guy, and really personable. His date was very curt and polite and kind of no nonsense.

So as I'm watching them, I notice that Kevin tells this lady, "My car just got towed, I'll be right back." And I see him literally sprint from the coffee shop. Now I have this lady sitting here sipping her coffee and not really causing any trouble. Just waiting.

Toward the end of my shift, about 2 hours later, I look back where she was sitting to see if she left so I could sweep where she was. She was still waiting.

It then dawned on me that Kevin had peaced the fuck out and this girl thinks he's coming back. At like 6:55 I told her, "We close in 5 minutes."

She responded with, "You think I just got stood up, don't you?!"

And then she stands up and starts walking towards me.

I responded with hastily, "Not at all!"'s and "Stood up? You? No way!"'s.

She stared at me during this entire exchange and begins to scream at me and my co worker, "Fuck you! Fuck you! I'm pretty, I'm capable! Fuck anyone who can't see that!" And she storms out.

Mind you the shop still had people in it, namely two regulars named Ron and Ken. After a silence, they both start laughing their asses off but me and my co worker are too shaken up to join in.

That's a real cringe story.

Top Bottom