• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

But they show an underage girl smoke in FLCL. Did they change the rules or is it on a per-channel basis?

Might be the times, might be the channel, might just be the air time and audience. FLCL is aimed more at adults, right? JoJo's is a shonen from Jump, so it's kind of aimed at everyone which makes the regulations on what they can show a little more strict.

Beloved

Semi obligatory
Everyday Young Life BestGAF-su

I'm fine, about to head out to school so there is that :p
How are you?

I just got to school 15 minutes ago.

I'm good. Also I started reading JoJo part 4, I know you guys warned about it spoiling the end of part 3 but I already knew about
Time Stop
so it's fine.

Josuke's
butthurt over hair insults
is really amusing.

Great since I finally got over that bullshit sinus infection.

Nice, glad you're feeling better

Ah, what do you got to pick up?

7146FhfccFL._UY500_.jpg

Gamer Y

I just rewatched live action version of Rurouni Kenshin.
Is this releasing in the west?
I still can't get over the amount of content got cut. But that's what happen when the longest arc of the series is turned into two part movie.

Obligatory gif
Is that from the movie, looks hype!

@Aaron
Nice, you find the best things!

We talked about that a bit ago. Most of us agreed that more interviews need to be like this, just a little bit less aggressive.

Why?

He's dodged questions on video games for years.

I appreciate and respect any outlet who calls him out on his shit.

Giant Bomb and the Best Friends have talked about the whole "lobbing softball questions" at developers/publishers/etc. and I don't want them to avoid asking questions that people who play and buy these games want to know.

We ask for better games journalism, but we also placate people's egos?

I dunno, I like how aggressive it is.

I do too. Keep him honest.

He also has a bad track record of making grandiose promises that he and his team never deliver or deliver at half measure.

Rizzi

Hmm?
tumblr_niwrziDcvr1rhdfzmo1_500.png

Maybe the aggressiveness isn't the right word, but he doesn't really need to be as much of a dick about it. Getting to the point is one thing but he seems a tad antagonistic. Still better than most interviews by a country mile, though.

Yeeeeah, that image still creeps me out.

demidar

I dunno, I like how aggressive it is.

Lots of people say "That tone could have been less aggressive and that opening question put Molyneux on the defensive". But I think it was necessary. If John was nicer, Molyneux would weasel his way out of every question and when the hard questions come he'll pull the "I thought you were a nice guy, why are you so mean?" card. Molyneux needs to be aggressively cornered and rapidly blasted with facts to disrupt his rhythm.

Randy42

Hey Aaron (if you're still here), did you actually read Biscuit Hammer the other night after I mentioned it? If so what did you think of it?

Hey Aaron (if you're still here), did you actually read Biscuit Hammer the other night after I mentioned it? If so what did you think of it?

Loaded it up on my tablet. Was about to read it, friend showed up unannounced and we watched anime instead. I'll get to it tomorrow night.

Rizzi

I wish I could go to sleep. Feeling like shit for most of yesterday and sleeping for a huge chunk of it has kinda left me wide awake at 2 am.

Top Bottom