• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

demidar

Whut gif?

This is very good.

WUNfaJQ.gif

Fun fact: I found this on Wikipedia.

grimmiq

So much RNG in Darkest Dungeon, I went 3 weeks without a single new healer appearing, then boom..all 4 new arrivals are healers.

Okingjrr

Morning peeps.
Hey, what's up?

LTTP but here are my stands
Okingjrr's stand is Wheel of Free, capable of erasing anything! Rank: B-, which is funny cause the tarot card that was attributed to me was "Wheel of Fortune".
[Real name]'s stand is Emperor Cyan, capable of killing movement! Rank: D+

Tako

Morning Frienders. Its 6 am and I just had a wild night of drinking and being scandalous. And now I'm at work trying not to puke or pass out

That
nipple
control nub has a ton of tactile feedback for such a little thing. Also, the XL sits perfectly in my large hands.

I really like this handheld. My biggest pet peeve is that I saw games that were both on Wii U VC as well and there's no crossplay/cross buy solution in place yet. It annoys me that Nintendo wants another 5 dollar for Metroid when I have it on the Wii U.

Zenfalcia

Morning Frienders. Its 6 am and I just had a wild night of drinking and being scandalous. And now I'm at work trying not to puke or pass out

Sounds fun. Was it worth it?
That
nipple
control nub has a ton of tactile feedback for such a little thing. Also, the XL sits perfectly in my large hands.

I really like this handheld. My biggest pet peeve is that I saw games that were both on Wii U VC as well and there's no crossplay/cross buy solution in place yet. It annoys me that Nintendo wants another 5 dollar for Metroid when I have it on the Wii U.

5 dollars isn't unreasonable, and i doubt they'll ever have crossplay, if they did they'd lose out on a ton of money.

Tako

5 dollars isn't unreasonable, and i doubt they'll ever have crossplay, if they did they'd lose out on a ton of money.

I have yet to throw up and I went through my pocket and I got a napkin with a number and a name and some new contacts on my phone. So far so good

It's not the issue of money.

It's frustration that games from the previous eras are not Accessible both ways via one unified NNID system. There's no reason not to have that available.

Nintendo allows us to link console and handheld, uses the same wallet system across both systems, but doesn't make games available for both systems a crossplay purchase?

It'll probably get there soon(NOA's slow drip strategy will get old quick) but man does it feel super petty to do that. Asking people to buy a separate adaptor for the N3DS is petty too, but it helps retailers I guess.

Zenfalcia

I have yet to throw up and I went through my pocket and I got a napkin with a number and a name and some new contacts on my phone. So far so good

Inb4 you throw up and learn the new contacts are fake.
It's not the issue of money.

It's frustration that games from the previous eras are not Accessible both ways via one unified NNID system. There's no reason not to have that available.

Nintendo allows us to link console and handheld, uses the same wallet system across both systems, but doesn't make games available for both systems a crossplay purchase?

It'll probably get there soon(NOA's slow drip strategy will get old quick) but man does it feel super petty to do that. Asking people to buy a separate adaptor for the N3DS is petty too, but it helps retailers I guess.

This is nintendo you're talking about, they love making emulators of the exact same game on another console instead just giving it to people wh already own it. I'm going to guess what you want will never happen. Partially due to incompitence of Nintendo since they still have no membership system and also rely on using codes to add friends.

Edit: dp like it's nobody's business.

Tako

Inb4 you throw up and learn the new contacts are fake.

This is nintendo you're talking about, they love making emulators of the exact same game on another console instead just giving it to people wh already own it. I'm going to guess what you want will never happen. Partially due to incompitence of Nintendo since they still have no membership system and also rely on using codes to add friends.

u3u please don't wish this on me. I'm hoping they're real, because I really felt like I hit it off with Lorraine, Sydney and Mikayla

Skrams

It's still shitty. Nintendo acknowledges the problem in a way since I can rebuy games I own via the Wii Shop on the Wii U for about a dollar. It's better than nothing, but it's still shitty. I'm with Pat and Liam in hoping that the death of Club Nintendo is just them paving the way for a new unified account kind of system. Also Nintendo is doing a fake cross buy thing where when you buy the upcoming Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars you get a code for the 3DS version if you bought it on Wii U and vice versa. I think they know they've fucked up, but just haven't done anything about it yet. I doubt it's like this solely for the purpose of scraping up a few dollars here and there.

grimmiq

Yep, it's not great. Not one healer at all? So, dungeoning must've been rough.

Quite the opposite actually..I've discovered that I can just make a team of 4 random people, buy 8 rations, 1 key, 1 herb and 1 holy water for like 1200 gold then just take them through a level 1 area unlocking the first locked thing, holy water on alters and herbs on food/corpses/iron maidens and I just run them through until they're about to die (They usually go insane.had 1 run where 3/4 became heroic and actually cleared the dungeon without a healer)..3/4 of the time I make back atleast 1000g, and usually half the time I make more than I left with.

If I do have a healer, I can do the same and usually make 2-3k while my main team is recovering in town.

So I have my main party of Crusader, Bounty Hunter, Plague Priest and Vestal that just tears shit up, finished a medium length level 3 with no one higher than 30 stress and near full HP. After 1-2 missions with them, I put them all in to recover and do 2 runs of cannon fodder groups and just ditch them after each run and remake with new arrivals.

Zenfalcia

It's still shitty. Nintendo acknowledges the problem in a way since I can rebuy games I own via the Wii Shop on the Wii U for about a dollar. It's better than nothing, but it's still shitty. I'm with Pat and Liam in hoping that the death of Club Nintendo is just them paving the way for a new unified account kind of system. Also Nintendo is doing a fake cross buy thing where when you buy the upcoming Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars you get a code for the 3DS version if you bought it on Wii U and vice versa. I think they know they've fucked up, but just haven't done anything about it yet. I doubt it's like this solely for the purpose of scraping up a few dollars here and there.

Hopefully that's what they're doing, because it would be nice to have everything in one place. It's a possibilty, but more likely that the system they have currently has no way of checking if you already own it or something i dunno. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard.
Quite the opposite actually..I've discovered that I can just make a team of 4 random people, buy 8 rations, 1 key, 1 herb and 1 holy water for like 1200 gold then just take them through a level 1 area unlocking the first locked thing, holy water on alters and herbs on food/corpses/iron maidens and I just run them through until they're about to die (They usually go insane.had 1 run where 3/4 became heroic and actually cleared the dungeon without a healer)..3/4 of the time I make back atleast 1000g, and usually half the time I make more than I left with.

If I do have a healer, I can do the same and usually make 2-3k while my main team is recovering in town.

So I have my main party of Crusader, Bounty Hunter, Plague Priest and Vestal that just tears shit up, finished a medium length level 3 with no one higher than 30 stress and near full HP. After 1-2 missions with them, I put them all in to recover and do 2 runs of cannon fodder groups and just ditch them after each run and remake with new arrivals.

Harsh. You ditch your back up groups? I guess it's better than nothing. At first I had terrible luck with my entire party going insane, and me forcing them to go on another expedition while insane, which was fun since stress didn't matter.

Currently I'm doing great, I got the guy who uses black magic as a healer, and a cleric with only support spells and 7 other guys made up of a grave digger, two highway men, one crusader, plague doctor, a bounty hunter, and a one of the other sword guys. Two different teams and one extra to switch in. I got a nice system of one team going out while the other team recovers. I did lose my initial 3/4 guys.

What skills do you run with?
What I do is when they put their number on my phone, I'll call them so that way they can get my number and I can double check for fake numbers.

I take it that you haven't done that yet.

I do it right after they put their number in. I call them and then I put my contact info in and then I take a badass selfie that way they remember my face. And they usually get a good laugh out of it, because I'm goofy

Oh I will

Go show it to one of your many new contacts.

demidar

I lived on a super busy street and never had friends, so if I needed to go somewhere I just walked. I will never know the brotherhood of little shits known as the 12 year olds who think they're cool because they have bikes.

Well I didn't have that. But everything I needed was super close and I always had access to cars (used a bus when I was a babby before I had said access) so I would just walk.

It's really disgusting that Nintendo didn't figure out the logistics in this, especially since they're trying so hard to be the Apple of video games and Apple figured most of this shit out way earlier.

grimmiq

Harsh. You ditch your back up groups? I guess it's better than nothing. At first I had terrible luck with my entire party going insane, and me forcing them to go on another expedition while insane, which was fun since stress didn't matter.

What skills do you run with?

The only ones outside of my main group that I keep are healers.

Crusader has Smite, Zealous Accusation, Stunning Blow, Battle Heal
Plague has Noxious Blast, Plague Grenade, Blinding Gas, Emboldening Vapours
Vestal has Judgement, Dazzling Light, Divine Grace and Divine Comfort - She also has 6 positive quirks and 1 negative that doesn't really affect her
Can't say what my Bounty Hunter has..since he just went off on a personal quest..But after marking he can crit for 60+ damage and normal attacks can hit 30+ and can attack any enemy from any position.

All with level 3 armour, level 2 weapons, and all abilities at level 3, only one with trinkets is Vestal who has 2 -damage +dodge trinkets. All 3 have the "On Guard" quirk that gives them +5 Dodge/+3 Speed in the first round of any fight..rarely get fully surprised anymore.

I'll probably start levelling up a full second group next..should be quick and easy since I have the upgrades researched and 40k gold.

Nope. At least you can learn on a two person bike.

Tsk tsk. Now you don't have a goofy selfie for a profile picture for that girl.
Guide my hips Zen.

Well I didn't have that. But everything I needed was super close and I always had access to cars (used a bus when I was a babby before I had said access) so I would just walk.
Public Transit in America especially not in major cities is awful so walking was my only option.

Every time I tell someone that, they always have a dumbfounded look like there was something wrong with me.
Because it's MURICA and you need to know how to ride a bike to be MURICAN

I got the same looks I know what you mean.

Zenfalcia

To continue the valentine spam.
tsundere_valentines_card_by_iaznx3-d5upnk6.png

The only ones outside of my main group that I keep are healers.

Crusader has Smite, Zealous Accusation, Stunning Blow, Battle Heal
Plague has Noxious Blast, Plague Grenade, Blinding Gas, Emboldening Vapours
Vestal has Judgement, Dazzling Light, Divine Grace and Divine Comfort
Can't say what my Bounty Hunter has..since he just went off on a personal quest..But after marking he can crit for 60+ damage and normal attacks can hit 30+ and can attack any enemy from any position.

All with level 3 armour, level 2 weapons, and all abilities at level 3, only one with trinkets is Vestal who has 2 -damage +dodge trinkets.

I'll probably start levelling up a full second group next..should be quick and easy since I have the upgrades researched and 40k gold.

Did you only get battle heal because you didn't have a proper healer? Or do you have it just in case?

I love the bounty hunter, he's just a stronger and sturdier highwayman but he can do massive damage on one guy and has a decent hit rate.

Do you ever use turns to buff? I find that I usually never buff since it would be quicker to just kill the enemy.

Damn, how many bosses did you beat? And how many weeks in are you?
Guide my hips Zen.

Public Transit in America especially not in major cities is awful so walking was my only option.

Because it's MURICA and you need to know how to ride a bike to be MURICAN

I got the same looks I know what you mean.

Okay.

grimmiq

Damn, how many bosses did you beat? And how many weeks in are you?

Okay.

I kinda fucked up..and skipped the first boss because I didn't realize that after you hit level 3..you can't go back and do level 1 missions..they say it's beneath them..So going to go for bosses with my backup team. Picked out some people and going to try Hellion,Bounty,Vestal,Jester

I picked the heal just for emergencies, but might drop it for holy lance since it's annoying when the cultists knock him back and I have to spend 1-2 turns getting him back to the front row.

Zenfalcia

I kinda fucked up..and skipped the first boss because I didn't realize that after you hit level 3..you can't go back and do level 1 missions..they say it's beneath them..So going to go for bosses with my backup team. Picked out some people and going to try Hellion,Bounty,Vestal,Jester

I picked the heal just for emergencies, but might drop it for holy lance since it's annoying when the cultists knock him back and I have to spend 1-2 turns getting him back to the front row.

I didn't know that that could happen. Thanks for the info.

I wanted to try hellion, but i don't even understand some of her abilities.

You should probably do that, since he can do damage and also move up. Although you won't need it as much in other dungeons. Jester is going to be fun, although don't do what Pat what doing and have him at the back doing nothing but reducing stress.

Top Bottom