• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Xiraiya

tumblr_mh0xumRyQt1qmeirlo1_500.gif
What a clever girl.

Ok!

Secured Ace Combat, A Link Between Worlds, and SMT 4.

That should be enough to cover this handheld until something else comes along,

Did I miss any good exclusives for the 3DS in the past couple of years?

Numb

Ok!

Mighty switch force
Pushmo
and ofcourse one of Woolies Top 10 if i remember correctly Hana Samurai Art of the sword

Ok!

I really like DeSu:OC, but I still haven't gotten good enough to beat it. FE:A is pretty good too. The Phoenix Wright games are pretty good if you haven't played it yet. The World Ends With You is really good aswell.

Ok so I tried out all the characters I have unlocked, tried all their specials and I got a feel for them all
Characters I like: Slayer, Zato=1, Faust, Potemkin, and I-no
Ok characters: Sol, Kai, Ramethal, chip, and axl
characters I dont like: may, milla, venom, and bedman.

Ok so I tried out all the characters I have unlocked, tried all their specials and I got a feel for them all
Ok characters: Sol, Kai, Ramethal, chi, and axl
But but... HAI HAI tho! I don't understand how people can dislike Millia or Bedman tho. Bedman is cool.

Numb

Ok characters: Sol, Kai, Ramethal, chi, and axl

Join the Potemkin army. We have cake.
Slayer is sick and Zato seems really brutal if you know what you are doing.
Sol and Ky are your Ryu and Ken so they might be easy to learn but i am not sure.

I'll always love you...

James...

You made me happy.
That letter reading was way more sad than I could honestly have imagined.

Fuck, I still have that unfinished SH2 file I was playing while the LP was going on, but after
Pat mentioning the the connections of the UFO endings in both 1 and 2
I might check out SH1 before going back?

I feel like at this point I may need to do a playthrough of all Team Silent's output. Still need to do the same for old school RE.

That letter reading was way more sad than I could honestly have imagined.

Fuck, I still have that unfinished SH2 file I was playing while the LP was going on, but after
Pat mentioning the the connections of the UFO endings in both 1 and 2
I might check out SH1 before going back?

I feel like at this point I may need to do a playthrough of all Team Silent's output. Still need to do the same for old school RE.
Absolutely one of my favorite things ever.

Silent Hill 1 and 3 lack the subtlety that SH2 thrives on, but the
UFO ending is a joke ending that builds off of the previous joke endings, it's pretty minor. If you want, Silent Hill 1 has a lot of tension built around the combat itself rather than a story focus, where scraping by encounters is the focus. Personally I don't care for how it plays after 2 and 3, BUT it's a great game, still. At least worth watching, maybe, but the
UFO ending is minor.

Silent Hill 1, 2, and 3 are so, so worth playing.

Squishy3

If I can find a copy I will.

Any good DS games I missed as well?

Should I get brain age?
The World Ends With You (This is a platform defining game with the same level of quality as old Square/Enix games. The sprites, the music, the story themes perfectly intertwining with the gameplay... everything. It's available on Amazon for a reasonable price still.) Chrono Trigger DS is the definitive version of Chrono Trigger, 999, Elite Beat Agents (the best rhythm game available on the DS) Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Contra 4, GHOST TRICK. and the two Advance Wars games for DS.

I wish I could go back and experience The World Ends With You for the first time again. That is seriously the best game Square has put out since the merger.

semisonic

Banned
The World Ends With You (This is a platform defining game with the same level of quality as old Square/Enix games. The sprites, the music, the story themes perfectly intertwining with the gameplay... everyhting.) Chrono Trigger DS is the definitive version of Chrono Trigger, 999, Elite Beat Agents (the best rhythm game available on the DS) Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Contra 4, GHOST TRICK. and the two Advance Wars games for DS.

and radiant historia, the real sequel to chrono trigger, and infinite space, the space opera spiritual successor to suikoden by platinum games

Absolutely one of my favorite things ever.

Silent Hill 1 and 3 lack the subtlety that SH2 thrives on, but the
UFO ending is a joke ending that builds off of the previous joke endings, it's pretty minor. If you want, Silent Hill 1 has a lot of tension built around the combat itself rather than a story focus, where scraping by encounters is the focus. Personally I don't care for how it plays after 2 and 3, BUT it's a great game, still. At least worth watching, maybe, but the
UFO ending is minor.

Silent Hill 1, 2, and 3 are so, so worth playing.
Minor or not, if I go through all those three games, I want to be as thorough as possible since I'm a completion by nature. The LP has succeeded at selling me on the quality of SH2 and the original games overall.

Also I just remembered that Yoko Taro made a mention about Drakengard's Ending E originally being inspired somewhat by the UFO Endings a long while back. So there's that.

Join the Potemkin army. We have cake.
Slayer is sick and Zato seems really brutal if you know what you are doing.
Sol and Ky are your Ryu and Ken so they might be easy to learn but i am not sure.
Nah potemkins gonna be just one of the characters I really like to play like I-no, Slayers probs gonna be my main

Oh man so many games I missed out on!

How are the newer Pokemon games? Is it still a grind to play them?

I played Heart Gold for 30 minutes yesterday before taking it back. I... Don't like the redesign.

croten

Oh man so many games I missed out on!

How are the newer Pokemon games? Is it still a grind to play them?

I played Heart Gold for 30 minutes yesterday before taking it back. I... Don't like the redesign.

Heart gold and Soul Silver are the best Pokemon games to date

Top Bottom