• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Nordicus

I thought the gettogether was going to include the second half so I went to bed for a few hours since the 2nd arc is when the reeeeeeeal shit starts. I should have just stayed up and be there for the salt, but oh well

Anyway, nice to have my Yasuri Schichika back
tumblr_mf8sn3Ltlg1rn98vpo3_r1_500.gif
tumblr_mf8sn3Ltlg1rn98vpo4_r1_500.gif

Skrams

No, and I feel cheated because of it

You only watched Arc 1/The first 15 episodes or whatever right? Barely any creepy things happen to her in those episodes. It's all loaded up in the second arc. Prepare your butt for generic, gross anime.

I would say it's easily better than arc 1
don't know shit about arc 4 tho

In my head it's 4/5>>1>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>2

3 and 1 are sort of debatable for which is better. 1 is probably better because everything they do with Sinon in 3 is pretty bad. Also there's a miniarc that I'd consider 4 and then a bigger arc which is 5. 4 is "fine" and 5 is probably the coolest idea set forth by the series. Still not sure if it's good though considering everything else taints any good it might of done.

I feel like I know a lot more or remember a lot more about Sword Art than I should considering how much I hate it.

Skrams

Good. I don't think I could handle any more.

I think it's nice to have a horrible thing to compare every other thing to. It makes everything seem better in life. Some other generic anime might be boring, but at least it's not Sword Art. It also just helps me feel better about myself that I know why it's bad and can easily point to all the horrible garbage. Then when I go to a shitty local nerd convention in Kentucky I can then laugh when I see Kirito cosplay. I also actually did this back in August because I'm a dick probably.

Which was?
But anyway, timezones are an issue and I am NOT going to watch the rest by myself. That would not end well.

The joke is there is no best part. It's all the best.

Or mostly just all the worst

Skrams

But there is a limit! There's a limit to what terrible things you can and should watch. Sure, this did make me appreciate other shows more, seeing as it taught me how bad shows could get. But ask yourself, was it really worth it?

The answer is no, it wasn't. Some things you're just better off not seeing.

It was worth it. I've never hated something as much as SAO I think and now I've just grown accustomed to having this seething anger about it stored in the back of my head. It's kind of nice being able to hate something so much. Hating is a super fun feeling sometimes. Man, it's just such garbage. You don't even really know. You're practically ignorant since the first arc is fucking nothing compared to the second.

Alfebit

Banned
Which was?
But anyway, timezones are an issue and I am NOT going to watch the rest by myself. That would not end well.

The last 2 episodes I want to say is where you left. 10/10 best anime. Shut down production of all anime forever because it's reached it's pinnacle.

Skrams

It lets you appreciate the good stuff more. Like Garo
I mean c'mon son, plague doctors

Fuck

I need to catch up on Garo. I watched 6 episodes, liked it, but jeez that gif. I also had a weird problem at the time on my monitor where it was skipping frames and that bothered the hell out of me.

Speaking of anime, I just watched the FNF for Under Night: In Birthu. Fuck, it looks really sick and I don't even care about fighting games. I'm surprised none of them had the compulsion to say WRRRRRRYYYYY when giant, weird bat tentacle monster did his win pose.

Alfebit

Banned
Fuck

I need to catch up on Garo. I watched 6 episodes, liked it, but jeez that gif. I also had a weird problem at the time on my monitor where it was skipping frames and that bothered the hell out of me.

Speaking of anime, I just watched the FNF for Under Night: In Birthu. Fuck, it looks really sick and I don't even care about fighting games. I'm surprised none of them had the compulsion to say WRRRRRRYYYYY when giant, weird bat tentacle monster did his win pose.

That was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

Man, crack sure is addicting. I just can't stop doing crack. And there is so much of it too! Such variety! I've been doing crack for three days straight now... Send help!

MH4U is fucking great, is what I'm saying.

Ilvocare

Whoa what the fuck? It's so early in the morn... how am I up?

Well then, what's happening BestGAF, what have I missed?

I went to a friend's BBQ and managed to get incredibly sick/dehydrated because I continue to have problems with cold weather and drinking enough water. And here I am!

Also I woke up and voted for the tagline.
I'll get one of my titles in there someday...

Skrams

I'm trying to (though I haven't set up a proxy. Dunno if that would cause problems), but I'm having a bit of trouble at the moment.

That's weird. If you had PS+ you're technically purchasing PS4 games since you need to add them to cart. I don't see why it would be any different for things that just cost money. Also get a PS4 already. Bloodborne is in a month.

Ilvocare

Why do I keep checking the 3DS Theme Shop expecting to be pleasantly surprised? Because every time I check it (since I got the Gunvolt and Shovel Knight themes, mind), I come away disappointed that the only franchises that get themes are Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. I need to adjust my expectations.

Also, I'm going to finish Mirror's Edge today. All aboard the train of disappointment!

Numb

Why do I keep checking the 3DS Theme Shop expecting to be pleasantly surprised? Because every time I check it (since I got the Gunvolt and Shovel Knight themes, mind), I come away disappointed that the only franchises that get themes are Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. I need to adjust my expectations.

Also, I'm going to finish Mirror's Edge today. All aboard the train of disappointment!

I got the black one and never looked back.

It lets you appreciate the good stuff more. Like Garo
I mean c'mon son, plague doctors
Fuck

Oh hey, Garo is finally doing something useful with Leon, after spending several episodes shitting on him for the crime of not overcoming being mind raped by a magician.

Also, it doesn't help that Garo feels like it's trying to be a low rent Casshern Sins without fleshing out the characters enough to trigger the feels.

Top Bottom