• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

The moral was "Camping is the best strategy with no downfalls."

Also:

"Recoil: Not like shooting in a videogame, huh?"

"Actually, it's exactly the same."

Cut to FPS-o-vision
As someone who's donr both, shooting a gun irl and shooting a gun in a game are basically the same thing. Can't even tell a difference.

Gamer Y

I don't wanna call your comment out, but you reminded me of something. I'm so glad that not every story has a moral behind it.
It's fine, I don't watch Law and Order so not sure of the setup. I wonder if the cyber spinoff show is going to do something similar.

I wish they would have done an episode on swatting and how bad it could be if it goes too far (i.e someone actually dying and the ramifications of it).

The thing is, its not SVU so it wouldn't make sense for it to be there, but its not like the gamergate episode was exactly any decent.

Ilvocare

As someone who's donr both, shooting a gun irl and shooting a gun in a game are basically the same thing. Can't even tell a difference.

As someone who's also done both, I disagree.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.
I wish they would have done an episode on swatting and how bad it could be if it goes too far (i.e someone actually dying and the ramifications of it).

The thing is, its not SVU so it wouldn't make sense for it to be there, but its not like the gamergate episode was exactly any decent.

The GG episode had a moment where the female game developer got swatted, it's part of the highlights.

I think the issue with the SVU episode is that it turned serious issues like swatting and the death threats against Brianna Wu and Anita Sarkessian into a joke. It relied on so many dumb cliches especially at the end when it was revealed that they did not know the difference between reality and the game.

ultimax

To be fair, if SVU writers ended up in this thread, they definitely would conclude that gamers are creepy assholes.

image.php

i agree

I think the issue with the SVU episode is that it turned serious issues like swatting and the death threats against Brianna Wu and Anita Sarkessian into a joke. It relied on so many dumb cliches especially at the end when it was revealed that they did not know the difference between reality and the game.

I dont think LEO treat swatting as credible.

It angered me to find out that the story of the kid convicted 25 years for swatting was a hoax.

It really just shows they're just capitalizing on controversy rather than making an attempt to display it properly. They have no intent to do the issue any justice.

Totally. And we won't see an episode regarding swatting until it makes the front news. Which probably means until someone actually dies from it.

It would be a great opportunity to use their popular show as a platform to prevent this kind of thing before it happens, but I guess that doesn't get views does it?

ultimax

Totally. And we won't see an episode regarding swatting until it makes the front news. Which probably means until someone actually dies from it.

It would be a great opportunity to use their popular show as a platform to prevent this kind of thing before it happens, but I guess that doesn't get views does it?

they should do an episode about bible black

“In one scene, Detective Tutuola says that he read on ANN that Kirino was, in fact, best OreImo. That’s actually something we really saw on that website. See what I mean? We are committed to being authentic.”

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Even if its fake

Its nice to see that my preconceived notions about The Order: 1886 were completely right

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2vybg8/order_1886_playtime_details_from_youtubers_play/

Took me a little over 5 hours on my first playthrough (including all cutscenes)

Not much replayability. You can't level up any skills or anything and there is no New Game+. And you cannot skip cutscenes either, so it would be the exact same experience I'm afraid. Pretty much the only side thing you can do is looking for collectibles, but that's it. No challenges or whatever.

Well maybe it's 2 hours or 2,5. I didn't measure the time, but the majority of it is cutscenes. So 1,5 hours or 2,5 hours doesn't seem like a big difference either way. Obviously depends on the player.

If you really get into finding collectibles I'm sure you can spend much more time with it. Or if you play on hard difficulty (which I wasn't). But my best guess, based on what I have captured it's around 1,5h-2h gameplay and rest was cutscenes. Take the first 4 chapters for example, maybe 35% of that was gameplay. Some chapters consist only of cutscenes. And often times there are these "interactive" cutscenes with QTEs where you need to press some buttons, but I wouldn't count that as gameplay.

It's more of an interactive movie to me, which isn't a bad thing. Hence the film stripes. So calm down everyone. Jesus :D

Well sort of... the game doesn't always tell you where to go or what to do exactly. Sometimes you have to figure that out on your own (like moving a cart to climb up to the next area). Or you have to interact with certain objects or need to wait for your teammates to do something. But all in all it doesn't require too much thinking and all objects you can interact with are highlighted when you stand close to them.

Fuck this game

This is definitely fake

thatsthejoke.gif

My Liam TV bundle from the Amazon sale is finally shipping. It's going out of Texas, so hopefully it won't take all week to get to central Florida.

So is Woolie a liar or isnt he????

Cmon keep the lore consistent!

4 years ago he wasn't, a great chasm emerged from his soul and the Woolie that they knew that day was lost.
Its nice to see that my preconceived notions about The Order: 1886 were completely right

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2vybg8/order_1886_playtime_details_from_youtubers_play/
Fuck this game

Yeah, I never had any faith in this game, this doesn't surprise me

Well if the story is actually really good then I really don't mind the length. Though I wasn't planning on buying it day one either way honestly.

Eh, I have no interest in a movie for $60. That might sound like a shitpost but it really isn't. The fact that apparently 3/4 of the game is cutscene sounds like really limited experience.

Top Bottom