• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Someone on the Reddit dug around that Kotaku article about Woolie 4 years ago and found this
JDsLmO5.png
I can't wait for the next podcast.

Beloved

Eh, I have no interest in a movie for $60. That might sound like a shitpost but it really isn't. The fact that apparently 3/4 of the game is cutscene sounds like really limited experience.

Sounds like the kind of game where you're better off watching it on youtube instead of actually playing it.

Alfebit

Banned
So are we also doing season 2 of SAO? Because I'll have to actually finish it beforehand if we do.

My Liam TV bundle from the Amazon sale is finally shipping. It's going out of Texas, so hopefully it won't take all week to get to central Florida.

810011-nniiiiiiice.jpg

Get Senran Kagura and Criminal Girls.

Beloved

Man I miss original Law and Order. Stupid Netflix taking the entire thing down from the site.

Original L&O still holds up well. I've seen every episode of SVU also minus a few of the most recent ones, and it was a consistently good show (minus one weird season that had a new writer, but I forget which season that was) for 12 seasons or so. Since Elliot left, Olivia has had some good storylines on par with the previous quality of the show, but the new supporting cast is not as good and the writing of the episodes has been....uneven.

Either way I'll end up watching it until it finally ends, if only to see Olivia end up (hopefully) happy.

I used to watch Criminal Intent as well but got bored after a few seasons.

Did someone mention creepy nerds? :D

Anyway, picked up Majora's this morning. Now to juggle both it, MH4U, and my stream games.

Too many vidya will spoil the broth.

Jman014

Original L&O still holds up well. I've seen every episode of SVU also minus a few of the most recent ones, and it was a consistently good show (minus one weird season that had a new writer, but I forget which season that was) for 12 seasons or so. Since Elliot left, Olivia has had some good storylines on par with the previous quality of the show, but the new supporting cast is not as good and the writing of the episodes has been....uneven.

Either way I'll end up watching it until it finally ends, if only to see Olivia end up (hopefully) happy.

I used to watch Criminal Intent as well but got bored after a few seasons.

I enjoy both original Law and Order and SVU too. I miss Elliot, though.

That would be nice. I need to watch the more recent episodes and catch up.

Yeah I watched some CI but lost interest.

Lots of unchecked hype that borders on worship + if someone mentions something less than positive they get savaged by offended fans.

The game certainly looks amazing, and it's got good shooting. It's basically the shiniest most high level corridor shooter we've ever seen, but it's still a corridor shooter, and to people like me who are mostly tired of that, not to mention not into the setting, meh. But the shinyness does bring out the console warriors, to be sure.

Xiraiya

Xiraiya needs either a slap or a free pass out of prison for making that avatar for you, because any time you randomly appear out of nowhere with a comment in here I see you as that avatar just barging your way in.

It was Beloved's idea, all I did was load up Photoshop.

The order thread sounds like a typical pre-big release thread. Lots of speculating on things that might not even be true based on rumors that have just grown too big, with lots of fans defending it.

Happens with pretty much every game that happens here.

The game certainly looks amazing, and it's got good shooting. It's basically the shiniest most high level corridor shooter we've ever seen, but it's still a corridor shooter, and to people like me who are mostly tired of that, not to mention not into the setting, meh. But the shinyness does bring out the console warriors, to be sure.
Shinyness? All I've seen from that game is gray, gray, fog, and more gray. Granted, i haven't followed it very closely, but it still looks incredibly unattractive.

joe2187

Banned
Shinyness? All I've seen from that game is gray, gray, fog, and more gray. Granted, i haven't followed it very closely, but it still looks incredibly unattractive.

The enviroments and character models are some of the most impressive and detailed I've ever seen.

The game however looks boring as hell.

From what I saw, it doesn't even look like a good corridor shooter. I can't believe some of the fights are what they are. RE4's knife fight was awesome because it was something fresh and short. The Order just looks like slash, dodge, button press, move the reticle to this spot, mash...rinse and repeat again and again.

Erm, why would that matter unless you're an achievement/trophy Gamer?

What if I want to do a second playthrough?

Its the same reason I find Max Payne 3, a good game, unreplayable.

I suppose thats the wrong philosophy for something like The Order where the story is supposed to be important and that I probably am not supposed to replay it aka The David Cage method

You'll never know~

Oh I know~

Unskippable cutscenes like that basically kill replay value.

A bit off topic but this reminded me. I've been playing through Kingdom Hearts again and I can definitely attest that the inability to skip cutscenes can make certain parts if not an entire game a chore to play. Anyone that played it as a kid knows that fucking cutscene leading up to Dragon Maleficent and the second Riku by heart because they can kill you seconds into the fight forcing you to watch the entire scene again. Thank god for HD remasters enabling the skip.

From what I saw, it doesn't even look like a good corridor shooter. I can't believe some of the fights are what they are. RE4's knife fight was awesome because it was something fresh and short. The Order just looks like slash, dodge, button press, move the reticle to this spot, mash...rinse and repeat again and again.

I wouldn't say it's in depth. I'd say it feels good.

What if I want to do a second playthrough?

Its the same reason I find Max Payne 3, a good game, unreplayable.

I suppose thats the wrong philosophy for something like The Order where the story is supposed to be important and that I probably not supposed to replay it aka The David Cage method

Ok now I understand.

Yeah I do not blame you.

Even TEW suffer from certain moment unskippable in NG+. Becomes frustrating when you're trying to beat the game in under 5 hrs.

joe2187

Banned

It looked like the fight scene from The Wolf Among Us

A bit off topic but this reminded me. I've been playing through Kingdom Hearts again and I can definitely attest that the inability to skip cutscenes can make certain parts if not an entire game a chore to play. Anyone that played it as a kid knows that fucking cutscene leading up to Dragon Maleficent and the second Riku by heart because they can kill you seconds into the fight forcing you to watch the entire scene again. Thank god for HD remasters enabling the skip.
What is the best, and most games do this and it's awesome, it saves the fact that you watched the cutscene after that first attempt, and if you continue, it doesn't show it again OR lets you skip that time.

Top Bottom