• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Hey! its the vita's 3rd anniversary today! lets see what ebgames ha-
Oh....

And here we see the Liam in its natural habitat. It is sickly and weak, and feeds on a steady stream of creepy anime games in order to keep itself alive. It would prefer a heartier meal, like the Freedom Wars or Persona 4 Goldens of its past, but it cannot find them. It is an excellent system, alas, but it is too pure for this sinful world.

The fact that I'd rather play MonHun on this dead pixel ridden piece of shit than anything on the Vita is the problem. Monster Hunter killed vita.

I honestly love the system but it's kind of the same problem the consoles had during their launch year where there's really just no games worth playing on them that aren't already on other platforms or I've already played them.

So you're saying that you don't want none unless it got MonHun.

That's...

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Squishy3

So you're saying that you don't want none unless it got MonHun.
What good's a crack dealer if it doesn't carry the good crack?

Which is weird because the Vita has pretty much every other hunting game except Monster Hunter.
And they're all worse than it, because they haven't had 10 different games that all improve on the formula. :p I'm even more disappointed in Freedom Wars after playing MH4U's retail release. It blows it out of the water entirely.

The fact that I'd rather play MonHun on this dead pixel ridden piece of shit than anything on the Vita is the problem. Monster Hunter killed vita.

and that's insane considering that the series only now is picking up real traction in the West. Like what were they thinking? I can't comprehend how little the Vita was supported in actuality. They fucking botched the COD job completely. Sony should have been on it like crazy. That could have been CRAZY good for Sony if it was even decent.

Holy shit I've been waiting to "chat" with someone on Nintendo's site for almost 30 minutes now just so I can be told no, I need to make a new NNID. God dammit if it's one thing that drives me crazy with this company.

Xiraiya

I don't have a 3DS but frankly I've never cared about any handheld games that weren't the main Pokemon series of games, I would really like to play Monster hunter, but that's mainly out of it's hypothetical convenience of being on the handheld I do not yet have.

I'd love a PC Monster Hunter game though.

Numb

Vita is my ps plus machine and indies.
Just waiting for Monster Monpiece and all the JRPGs to be free one of these days

I KNOW. That's how much I wanna play this shit. That giant claw grappler... hng

Hmm, I might buy it, grappler guy in it did look pretty cool.
But honestly the game looked just a little broken from the FNF...

Also, why can't anime fighters look like Berserk, or Akumetsu, or Jojo or something? They always have to look like some Liam anime. I just can't believe Xrd is the top bar, hard choice among all of them.

and that's insane considering that the series only now is picking up real traction in the West. Like what were they thinking? I can't comprehend how little the Vita was supported in actuality. They fucking botched the COD job completely. Sony should have been on it like crazy. That could have been CRAZY good for Sony if it was even decent.

Well, for the reasons why I got my Vita, was for weird quirky titles that wouldn't have worked on console. That really hasn't come to fruition, but it's still an portable indie beast, and it feels and looks a lot better than the wrist destroyer that is the 3ds.

Also, why can't anime fighters look like Berserk, or Akumetsu, or Jojo or something? They always have to look like some Liam anime. I just can't believe Xrd is the top bar, hard choice among all of them.
Because it doesn't sell as well to otaku in Japan, because fuck the rest of markets and demographics on the planet.

Hmm, I might buy it, grappler guy in it did look pretty cool.
But honestly the game looked just a little broken from the FNF...

The level of detail would be tough work for 2D anime fighters. But maybe that will change with Xrd stuff and this.

I thought 714514 Arena the Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold was much better
Super Ultra 714514 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha ' was totally worth the update though.
Also, why can't anime fighters look like Berserk, or Akumetsu, or Jojo or something?
Because they want to sell.
JoJo at least has its game since it's pretty popular, but it focused on fanservice over playability.

Well, for the reasons why I got my Vita, was for weird quirky titles that wouldn't have worked on console. That really hasn't come to fruition, but it's still an portable indie beast, and it feels and looks a lot better than the wrist destroyer that is the 3ds.

It is my Japanese and portable Isaac player. There is some great games on it if you are into niche Japanese and indie games but the majority of people are not. Also I've bitched about the 3ds enough, I'll just say that I wholeheartedly agree with you that it is more comfortable.

Unfortunately for Sony, that doesn't amount to tons main stream sales. I honestly would like a Vita but for me, there's just nothing on it that would honestly enjoy. I really like the feel of it and how fucking good it all looks too.

Because Otaku are willing to spend a lot of money blindly, where as other audiences may be a little bit more skittish with their money.

I just had the thought, What happened to deus loli ex machina? that thing happened and Kirito saved her data in a necklace or something but I don't remember anything after that.
I think she ends up coming back but how does that happen? does that necklace he made of her some how get brought over to the real world? Do they go back into SAO? I thought it and all the data got destroyed after they beat the MMO?

I just had the thought, What happened to deus loli ex machina? that thing happened and Kirito saved her data in a necklace or something but I don't remember anything after that.
I think she ends up coming back but how does that happen? does that necklace he made of her some how get brought over to the real world? Do they go back into SAO? I thought it and all the data got destroyed after they beat the MMO?

Forgotten like every other side character.

sjay1994

So, where can I join the vita pity party?

I am so pissed of at sony and nintendo, because sony made a great handheld with practically no support, and nintendo made a terrible handheld with great support.

Spoilers if you care.
She's still in the system somehow. Once kirito goes in to alfheim, she reappears as navi basically.

Top Bottom