• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 13: "The Storm Has Come And So Have I" 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2

Randy42

I'm kind of disappointed none of the Zaibatsu play Payday 2 because the current hype train thing that got announced today is one of the scummiest things I've ever seen and none of them are gonna be in the know to talk about it on the next podcast, which would be great to hear a discussion over (for Liam to defend)

I'm kind of disappointed none of the Zaibatsu play Payday 2 because the current hype train thing that got announced today is one of the scummiest things I've ever seen and none of them are gonna be in the know to talk about it on the next podcast, which would be great to hear a discussion over (for Liam to defend)

That game was my destiny at one point.

That game is fucking awful

Randy42

That game was my destiny at one point.

That game is fucking awful

I've played the shit out of it and like it but the amount of pay-for DLC is ridiculous ($5-12 per month might as well be a subscription if you want everything) and this is just like a step too far in terms of huge bullshit that's not gonna happen. It's going to fail miserably and then either the heists at the goals that will never be reached are going to not happen for another 6 months even tho they're already done, or they're going to release them as their own $5-7 DLCs which just screws the people who DID buy the hype train ones. It's scum tier nonsense.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I don't know if you guys play TF2 but the Gods are with me.

I548LBr.jpg

I've played the shit out of it and like it but the amount of pay-for DLC is ridiculous ($5-12 per month might as well be a subscription if you want everything) and this is just like a step too far in terms of huge bullshit that's not gonna happen. It's going to fail miserably and then either the heists at the goals that will never be reached are going to not happen for another 6 months even tho they're already done, or they're going to release them as their own $5-7 DLCs which just screws the people who DID buy the hype train ones. It's scum tier nonsense.
I spent 88 hours in that game cause my friends wanted me too. They barely played the game they just kept grinding too 100. So many times did we blow up the meth house to just run through it for easy farm. I fucking hate that game it's so bad.

Too bad volvo ruined the balance

Alfebit

Banned
Matt just talking for 15 minutes at the end of the NMH LP has cemented it as one of my least favorite LPs on the channel.

Matt just talking for 15 minutes at the end of the NMH LP has cemented it as one of my least favorite LPs on the channel.

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

and holy shit. I think Gamestop upgraded my N3DSXL MH4 to overnight shipping for free. I called and asked about how much it would cost to upgrade it to overnight and the lady said she would do it for free.

Jman014

I spent 88 hours in that game cause my friends wanted me too. They barely played the game they just kept grinding too 100. So many times did we blow up the meth house to just run through it for easy farm. I fucking hate that game it's so bad.

Too bad volvo ruined the balance

Poor missus bull. You should try Heartstone now!

Randy42

The grind isn't that bad now with the rebalances that happened awhile ago tbh. The real kicker is I have 253 hours played and no shotgun silencer drop (which an achievement is tied to, the last one I need other than DW Forest cause I just haven't done it yet). The RNG is real friend.

The grind isn't that bad now with the rebalances that happened awhile ago tbh. The real kicker is I have 253 hours played and no shotgun silencer drop (which an achievement is tied to, the last one I need other than DW Forest cause I just haven't done it yet). The RNG is real friend.

THAT UNLOCK SYSTEM IS FUCKING HORRIBLE

It's by far the worst unlock system I can think of. I'm pretty sure I mained the M4 and I got at least 2 attaches for the thing

Mathaou

legacy of cane
American Psycho was a great movie. Wonderful acting. But what the hell was up with that ending? Someone want to explain it to me?

Matt adds some things onto the end to showcase extra features and a huge bug as well as discuss his love for the game and how they could have implemented the DLC better
Which is perfectly fine. I very much enjoyed this LP, partly because I like No More Heroes a whole lot, but the fact the effort he put into showing off things and being informative reminds me why I prefer some of the LPs on Something Awful as they take a similar approach. The last half hour or so just showing all the miscellaneous stuff isn't an uncommon thing.

I still like the regular Best Friends format (and it's why I'm still enjoying SH2 the most), but this style of LP was a nice way to change things up. Something almost more professional as opposed to just two dudes on a couch dicking around.

Also that clutch victory against Henry was fucking amazing.

What're you guys watching in the instasynch?
THAT UNLOCK SYSTEM IS FUCKING HORRIBLE

It's by far the worst unlock system I can think of. I'm pretty sure I mained the M4 and I got at least 2 attaches for the thing

I played Payday 1, but I skipped out on 2. Sounds like I dodged a bullet (heh). How does the unlock system work?

I played Payday 1, but I skipped out on 2. Sounds like I dodged a bullet (heh). How does the unlock system work?

Imagine the unlock system from P3 and P4, now add in way more items to unlock and make them way rarer. I would constantly get attachments for guns that I don't even have or want to use. The unlock system felt like they were gonna put micro transactions it but didn't actually go through with it

Which is perfectly fine. I very much enjoyed this LP, partly because I like No More Heroes a whole lot, but the fact the effort he put into showing off things and being informative reminds me why I prefer some of the LPs on Something Awful as they take a similar approach. The last half hour or so just showing all the miscellaneous stuff isn't an uncommon thing.

I still like the regular Best Friends format (and it's why I'm still enjoying SH2 the most), but this style of LP was a nice way to change things up. Something almost more professional as opposed to just two dudes on a couch dicking around.

Yeah I was in to NMH since the first teaser trailer. I loved the game despite it's many flaws. Hell the main theme is my ringtone til this day.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

I remember there were 3 youtubers I watched back in the day who had a similar professional, informative format. I have no clue what they're doing now, but they were great when I watched them. This was before the best friends became my main.
Carl1001
Vash12349
PoeGamer

Love you guys. You got me through some tough times.

semisonic

Banned
laughing-anime-gif.gif

No really tho, that sucks. I don't have a CC or anything to tie the charge to so I'm wondering if it's going to work out or I'll be screwed.

NO I PAID IN CASH IN THE STORE
THE GUY FUCKED UP AND FIXED IT ONLINE
BUT DIDN'T GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK THO
I NEED TO MUG HIM TOMORROW

Imagine the unlock system from P3 and P4, now add in way more items to unlock and make them way rarer. I would constantly get attachments for guns that I don't even have or want to use. The unlock system felt like they were gonna put micro transactions it but didn't actually go through with it

Haha, wow, that's awful. What were they thinking.

I played it a while ago, I stopped playing a couple of years ago. Are the stranges still selling for a bunch? They where petering off the last time I played. I got an unusual hat once and made off with 3 full priced games once

NO I PAID IN CASH IN THE STORE
THE GUY FUCKED UP AND FIXED IT ONLINE
BUT DIDN'T GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK THO
I NEED TO MUG HIM TOMORROW
Ohhhh yeah that blows. I paid in store as well the day after the Direct. I barely had enough to cover it as is. Plus the system was just dead from the MM orders trying to go through so the worker didn't even try other shipping just so my order can go through.

American Psycho was a great movie. Wonderful acting. But what the hell was up with that ending? Someone want to explain it to me?
Basically a running theme of the book that's not really conveyed well is that everyone in Patrick Bateman's world is a bunch of narcissistic borderline psychos, so they frequently mistake each other for other people and don't give a shit about anything except the outward appearance of being normal and super successful. So at the end, Bateman's just talking about how empty and meaningless the story/his introspection is, because he's trapped in his routines and/or possible mental illness and can't escape (there's even a "No Exit" sign behind where he sits).

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I have to loan my brother $80. I'll still have enough for 2/13, but I'll be cutting it pretty close.

He has a girlfriend so I'm helping him out.

Top Bottom