• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's people saying they'd play this shit in the comments.

Also IT'S A FUCKING GAME HOW IS A GHOST A THING YOU'RE AFRAID OF

And yet aside from all this, I'm still being entertained

There's people saying they'd play this shit in the comments.

Also IT'S A FUCKING GAME HOW IS A GHOST A THING YOU'RE AFRAID OF

And yet aside from all this, I'm still being entertained

I'd say the show is like Chipotle. Easily consumable fast food with maybe some nutritional value.

360pages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU3_QlNUdBw

This is the canon ending...don't care

Also why does the fucking game have a better plot than the actual series?

Infinity Moment starts at the point where Kirito and Heathcliff were fighting against each other to the death. The plot splits from the canon storyline at this point: as Heathcliff moved to finish off Kirito, a huge glitch virus in the SAO Server occurred and interrupted them, preventing Heathcliff from moving and allowing Kirito to defeat him. However, Kirito and his friends realized that the SAO server was still keeping them in the game for some reason, preventing them from logging out, and also realized that the real battle was on the 100th Floor of Aincrad. The glitch virus in the SAO server apparently wanted to take over the last 25 floors of Aincrad.

Got my Liam TV in the mail and the box just cracked me up, because I paid like $52.43 or something for this thing:
jE1kDm0.jpg

Zenfalcia

Yup. Besides the "illusion magic" and the
fight he had with the Salamander general
it's been pretty much same. Maybe I've just gotten used to SAO's stupidity.

You mean the neutral ending? You're going to need a guide.

I think you're just used to it and already know what you're going into.

[Also why does the fucking game have a better plot than the actual series?

Infinity Moment starts at the point where Kirito and Heathcliff were fighting against each other to the death. The plot splits from the canon storyline at this point: as Heathcliff moved to finish off Kirito, a huge glitch virus in the SAO Server occurred and interrupted them, preventing Heathcliff from moving and allowing Kirito to defeat him. However, Kirito and his friends realized that the SAO server was still keeping them in the game for some reason, preventing them from logging out, and also realized that the real battle was on the 100th Floor of Aincrad. The glitch virus in the SAO server apparently wanted to take over the last 25 floors of Aincrad.
The same reason fanfics can improve upon the source material: the guys working on the game/fanfic have the benefit of perspective, knowledge, and different limitations than the original author, so they can fix problems in the story and add to it in a meaningful way.

That said, it relies on you having writers/game directors with enough brains and talent to make it better instead of FanFiction.Net tier shit.

croten

It does have scenes of
pure fanservice that do nothing to add to the plot.
It also has some dumb moments when things just happen because plot reasons.

Don't forget that dungeon that is so impossible that Kirito almost finished it on his first try.

Fucking lol at
cyber ghosts. So like do they not die after all? I just realized the problem with SAO, there's not antagonist/driving force or whatever. Also just hit metal with a hammer and it turns into a weapon guys

True. Although I feel like there's more in Part 2, but that's just me.

I don't know. There were a lot of ass shots in Arc 1. Regardless, fan service is so common in anime that it doesn't bother me anymore. What does bother me is the
pointless side character episodes. if it only happened once then whatever, but they take up almost half of the arc.
Well, Matt and Pat aren't sure what they were going to do after SH2, maybe they will do what they did with TEW and have a quick look for machinima and do a full LP on the channel.

It's possible. I wouldn't be against it.

360pages

The same reason fanfics can improve upon the source material: the guys working on the game/fanfic have the benefit of perspective, knowledge, and different limitations than the original author, so they can fix problems in the story and add to it in a meaningful way.

That said, it relies on you having writers/game directors with enough brains and talent to make it better instead of FanFiction.Net tier shit.

That is true...I guess it's not fair to compare something original like that.

Still best ending though..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ihNaugkp7w

Zenfalcia

I don't know. There were a lot of ass shots in Arc 1. Regardless, fan service is so common in anime that it doesn't bother me anymore. What does bother me is the
pointless side character episodes. if it only happened once then whatever, but they take up almost half of the arc.

It's possible. I wouldn't be against it.

They're events that shaped Kirito tho. Remember that time he killed that dude?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom