• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

Racing all Afternoon was a horrible video. Saying that Yosuke is better than Junpei is almost as bad as liking Yukari
sorry for the DP

I'm still not far enough into P3 to see any real Junpei development, but I agree with you, Yosuke is in general just a disappointing and pretty pathetic human being, Junpei is a smartass and kind of annoying, but he's not nearly as shit.
Him losing his cool and rushing on ahead during the first full moon is not really a proper reason to forever discount him, that's too black and white and also an overly dramatic reaction. I mean all he would accomplish at that point is getting himself killed, he'd just be an idiot. Yukari and my Protagonist weren't really in danger of being killed or anything, that fight was over in like 4 turns anyway. Where as Yosuke's patheticness shows more and more the further into P4 you go.

She's probably one of the objectively best written p3 characters. People who really hate her because of how bad The Answer is make me sad.
That's a bit of an exaggeration.

I'm still not far enough into P3 to see any real Junpei development, but I agree with you, Yosuke is in general just a disappointing and pretty pathetic human being, Junpei is a smartass and kind of annoying, but he's not nearly as shit.

Never understood the Yosuke hate. He's general a nice guy and really is only a jerk to Kanji. Even then it's in a way someone would be a jerk to his friends. He's the one who took in Teddie, he pays for everything, and he seems to want to be there for Yu. Yeah he has issues but he is also a teenager in 2008 I think. Most teenagers are shit in some ways.

I don't have one, I do know that is an exaggeration though.
If nobody is better than Yukari, I find it hard to say she's not one of the best written characters in the game by process of elimination :v

Anyway, we can talk characters in depth when you finish the game. It's fine.

If you have a completely filled inventory, Buzz Buzz can't give you the Soundstone and instead gives it to your sister for you to retrieve once you free up some space. Only you can avoid doing that and leave it with her for the rest of the game. The Sanctuary locations don't have a flag that checks to see if you have the item and gives you the melody regardless.

Wiki entry on the item and the trick

Ohhhh! Ok yeah Ill do that, thanks!

Yall motherfuckers need to play P2:Innocent Sin
persona2-1315680627_530x298.jpg

Oberon

Banned
Him losing his cool and rushing on ahead during the first full moon is not really a proper reason to forever discount him, that's too black and white and also an overly dramatic reaction. I mean all he would accomplish at that point is getting himself killed, he'd just be an idiot. Yukari and my Protagonist weren't really in danger of being killed or anything, that fight was over in like 4 turns anyway. Where as Yosuke's patheticness shows more and more the further into P4 you go.

That's a bit of an exaggeration.

In addition, I would be jeleous too if I had to play the second fiddle to Marie sue Persona 3 protag McPerfect

Yall motherfuckers need to play P2:Innocent Sin

I am tho, it's just going slowly.

Comcast is the worst company ever. I hope everyone who works at comcast dies in a huge terrible fiery explosion.
Aren't they the god damn worst? I'm convinced they're throttling my internet cause i cancelled my cable package.

Also what the others said. Shit always trickles down. Most of em got nothin to do with the shitty service.

Aren't they the god damn worst? I'm convinced they're throttling my internet cause i cancelled my cable package.

My internet got shut off last month because my mom was in the hospital. So i paid the bill on the 18th, and hadn't been able to get Internet to work for the past 2 days. I spoke to 2 different people on wednesday and thursday that gave me two different answers to why it wasn't working. Last night from 2 am to 4 am i was talking to online customer support. They transfered me 8 times to different technicians and departments. No one could help me get my internet working. Called again this morning, talked to a supervisor. Apparently no one ever closed out somesort of work order that said to reactivate the internet service. After she did, internet worked perfectly.

Literally the most incompetent company i have ever seen.

My internet got shut off last month because my mom was in the hospital. So i paid the bill on the 18th, and hadn't been able to get Internet to work for the past 2 days. I spoke to 2 different people on wednesday and thursday that gave me two different answers to why it wasn't working. Last night from 2 am to 4 am i was talking to online customer support. They transfered me 8 times to different technicians and departments. No one could help me get my internet working. Called again this morning, talked to a supervisor. Apparently no one ever closed out somesort of work order that said to reactivate the internet service. After she did, internet worked perfectly.

I won't disagree with ya. Every time i call them, they give me some shit about how 'the issue will be taken care of sir'. Taken care of my ass.

beinfilms

Welcome. Have any favourite moments from the channel?

I love the Sadness Trilogy, of course. (I started watching during Heavy Rain, and it remains my favorite LP to this day.) More recently, I laughed harder than I have in a long time at the Arcana Heart notification in PE.

All of that said, I really miss tourguide Nixon. It's one of my favorite bits that they ever did, and was way too shortlived.

joe2187

Banned

That aint shit.

When I moved back into my family's house (before I sold it) Time Warner was the only ISP in the area and they took advantage of that fact by fucking me in the ass with a hot pitch fork.

They held my internet hostage because of the previous tenants bad history of payments. They actively denied to give me service because of someone else who I had no relations with lived there before me and didnt pay their bills. And the only way to restore service was to pay an $900 dollar fee that included the previous tenants bills.

I fought them for six months and still had to pay $390 out of my ass to get an ISP.

Comcast is the worst company ever. I hope everyone who works at comcast dies in a huge terrible fiery explosion.
I think they get more shit than they deserve. Their customer base is one of the biggest in the country, and it must be hard to maintain any level of quality. Of course, by "I think they get more shit than they deserve," I mean "I wouldn't stab any of them and beyond that holy shit fuck Comcast"

That aint shit.

When I moved back into my family's house (before I sold it) Time Warner was the only ISP in the area and they took advantage of that fact by fucking me in the ass with a hot pitch fork.

They held my internet hostage because of the previous tenants bad history of payments. They actively denied to give me service because of someone else who I had no relations with lived there before me and didnt pay their bills. And the only way to restore service was to pay an $900 dollar fee that included the previous tenants bills.

I fought them for six months and still had to pay $390 out of my ass to get an ISP.

Because at your local cable company, the customer is always our bitch

It's my birthday, you guys. Give my parents your energy that they might give me a PS4 when I go home this evening.
Happy Bursday
I love the Sadness Trilogy, of course. (I started watching during Heavy Rain, and it remains my favorite LP to this day.) More recently, I laughed harder than I have in a long time at the Arcana Heart notification in PE.

All of that said, I really miss tourguide Nixon. It's one of my favorite bits that they ever did, and was way too shortlived.
It was like the only joke they didn't run straight into the ground. Personally, I think Blow Up Doll-chan the hostess should have gotten more play.

Welcome to the party

Xiraiya

In addition, I would be jeleous too if I had to play the second fiddle to Marie sue Persona 3 protag McPerfect
I wouldn't, it's just a fact of life, at that point you shut the hell up and fall in line, maybe you'll grow from it.

So when Junpei starts giving attitude, I need an option to like punch him or fight him, or simply to tell him to shut up.

beinfilms

No need to, it's nice to introduce youself.
Welcome
The usual quesions are

Your favorite Anime/Manga
Your favorite Series
Your favorite Video games
Who's your Waifu?
Have you or are you planning on reading Prison school?

Ok, in order:
1. I don't really watch anime, although I've been meaning to give Cowboy Bebop a try for a while now. (Actually ever since the Zaibatsu recommended it in response to my email on a Friendcast)

2. I'm not totally sure what you mean by series (it's a bit of a vague term, after all), so I'll say that my favorite of their LPs is Heavy Rain, and my favorite TV show is Firefly.

3. My favorite games are Metal Gear (especially 2, 3, and pretty much definitely V, when it comes out), Mass Effect (2 in particular), and TLoU. Also, pretty much anything made by Firaxis Games

4. Since I don't watch anime, and only played the first couple of hours of P4 (I borrowed it from a friend), probably Tali from Mass Effect. She's one of the only game characters I actually thought felt like a real person.

5. I've never even heard of it, so...no.

Nordicus

Somebody just held a CPUvsCPU trounament for Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on Twitch.

Today I learned that Arale's AI is no joke in that game. She was the champ 2 (32-man) trounaments in a row, and it took Super Vegito to keep her from getting a 3rd win

I wouldn't, it's just a fact of life, at that point you shut the hell up and fall in line, maybe you'll grow from it.

So when Junpei starts giving attitude, I need an option to like punch him or fight him, or simply to tell him to shut up.
I feel like the option to punch your uppity party members in the face would be incredibly valuable in many RPGs, especially western ones. A renegade option to smack Miranda upside her head would have made mass effect 2 a perfect 10 in my eyes.

Life tells Junpei to shut up. Then gives him some candy. Then slaps that candy out of his hands.

Ok, in order:
1. I don't really watch anime, although I've been meaning to give Cowboy Bebop a try for a while now. (Actually ever since the Zaibatsu recommended it in response to my email on a Friendcast)

2. I'm not totally sure what you mean by series (it's a bit of a vague term, after all), so I'll say that my favorite of their LPs is Heavy Rain, and my favorite TV show is Firefly.

3. My favorite games are Metal Gear (especially 2, 3, and pretty much definitely V, when it comes out), Mass Effect (2 in particular), and TLoU. Also, pretty much anything made by Firaxis Games

4. Since I don't watch anime, and only played the first couple of hours of P4 (I borrowed it from a friend), probably Tali from Mass Effect. She's one of the only game characters I actually thought felt like a real person.

5. I've never even heard of it, so...no.

Watch Bebop it's great. Something more Modern you should start with Durarara.

Oh and..

Somebody just held a CPUvsCPU trounament for Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on Twitch.

Today I learned that Arale's AI is no joke in that game. She was the champ 2 (32-man) trounaments in a row, and it took Super Vegito to keep her from getting a 3rd win
Anyone who played the what if mode on that game knows that that tiny girl has the spirit of six luchadores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom