• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

Final Fantasy is one of my favorite series, and I love 9 and 7 so fucking much it's unhealthy. 10 is really good too, but 6 is #4 for me.

Rest I haven't played or have played and they can fuck off.

I think 7 is a massively overrated game, it's just mediocre to me.

SteveTR

A lot of people consider Final Fantasy VII to be the best game in the series. Honestly, although I believe it's a great game, I think it's really overrated.

Final Fantasy VI is a completely different story. That game is one of my favorite games of all time.

beinfilms

Xrd is also an option since it has crossplay, but I'm not sure of your stance on anime-ish fighters if you haven't watched any anime. What about Bloodborne or the soul series in general? I suppose a better question would be what games you plan on getting this year?

Well, I'll be playing Metal Gear, and...that's all I'll need!

(Seriously, though, I'm just a poor college student, so it depends more on what I can afford than anything else.)

Those battles, weapons, magic, summons, and the materia system are still amazing tho.

It was cool to see the weapons actually change when you equip them. Wish armor did the same.

The Materia system was one of the better RPG systems with respect to customization.

Magic and Summons kind of got old to keep using. They wore out when they weren't skippable. KOTR took way too long to watch.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
That FFXV demo looked cool

Yo, i got a free month of crunchy roll animu

Tell me what to watch

Sliver Spoon
HOLY SHIT I FORGOT GURREN LAGANN
JOJO
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Toradora
Golden Time
Durarara
Mushi-Shi

Probs a lot more, but I'm blanking.

In honor of Aaron: Queens Blade.

Neol

It's weird, the purple marks are on the arm they didn't use. For some reason, they changed their mind and switched arms right after they started. The one they used doesn't have the purple marks, at least that I can see while i'm currently trying to take it off. It's taking out all of the hair on that part of the arm, and the pain is fucking horrible.

Wait so they tried to draw blood from the other arm but failed so they drew it from your other arm?

The purple marks are bruises and its normal to have them after getting blood drawn. It might look really prevalent due to poor technique in which I'm assuming it was since they had to switch arms cause they couldn't nick your vein right.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
It was cool to see the weapons actually change when you equip them. Wish armor did the same.

The Materia system was one of the better RPG systems with respect to customization.

Magic and Summons kind of got old to keep using. They wore out when they weren't skippable. KOTR took way too long to watch.

I can see that, but I used phys attacks whenever I could. I rarely used magic or summons, but when I did it was on a boss and fucking grandiose as shit.

Yuffie with her ultimate weapon and 4X cut is so fucking good.

A lot of people consider Final Fantasy VII to be the best game in the series. Honestly, although I believe it's a great game, I think it's really overrated.

Final Fantasy VI is a completely different story. That game is one of my favorite games of all time.

FF6 told a much more emotional narrative, but more people played FF7 so yeah, more people will resonate with FF7.

FF7 was lame compared to what Sakaguchi had initially planned. I wish he did the detective FF game he initially wanted To do.

So I watched Part 1 of JoJo's with 2 other friends of mine yesterday, one has already seen it and the other one really really didn't like it. Even though we told him there were going to be plot holes and stupid stuff that doesn't make sense, he didn't fully shut off his brain while watching. He complained about the lack of animation and most of it were still frames either panning to the side or slowly zooming in on someone (which I admit there were a lot of still frames going on) and the dialog is mostly narration from from other characters. We showed him the first episode of Part 2 and nothing impressed him there. Looks like he won't be continuing with JoJo's if he managed to slowly crawl his way through Part 2.

5i2ZHBg.jpg

goml chumps
Only quoting because I see Shana.

Gamer Y

Well, I'll be playing Metal Gear, and...that's all I'll need!

(Seriously, though, I'm just a poor college student, so it depends more on what I can afford than anything else.)
Big Metal Gear fan? I couldn't get into it, played the demo for the first one on ps and got turned off by it. (wasn't a big stealth game fan in my younger days)

Doesn't it come with that new Metal Gear online?

Fuck it, I give up on getting this bandage off for now. I need to get to class. It's almost half way off, but it just hurts too much.

I give blood habitually. I'm a O+ type so I do it because it helps a lot of people.

I've never had purple spots before, so I think you should stop by a nurse office or your campus first aid station and get it looked at. Send your professor a quick email to let them know you'll run late. Don't neglect your health.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I give blood habitually. I'm a O+ type so I do it because it helps a lot of people.

I've never had purple spots before, so I think you should stop by a nurse office or your campus first aid station and get it looked at. Send your professor a quick email to let them know you'll run late. Don't neglect your health.

This drug I'm on requires me to never give blood. If a pregnant woman receives my blood, her child could have horrible birth defects.

I would just yank out my bandages. Why torture yourself when you can just feel the pain once instantaneously?
I tried to. This thing is fucking sticking to my arm hard. I don't remember it being this hard the first time I donated blood. The fact that there were two bandages this time isn't helping.

Uhhh...what? All i know is i was trying to solo it. And it beat my ass. And I was doin that cause I don't have access to the internet here. On my ds anyway.

Oh probably village. Village is essentially the story solo quests. The gathering hall is the online aspect, but you can fight those solo.

Neol

I tried to. This thing is fucking sticking to my arm hard. I don't remember it being this hard the first time I donated blood. The fact that there were two bandages this time isn't helping.

You could rub olive/baby oil on the band-aid to take it off easier if it hurts that much.

That FFXV demo looked cool

Yo, i got a free month of crunchy roll animu

Tell me what to watch

The obvious stuff like Hunter x Hunter, Jojo. Also some really amazing anime like Fate/Zero and its sequel Fate/Stay Night, Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari (skip Monogatari Second Series). I also hear Gintama is fantastic and have actually started watching it myself.

But HxH comes the most recommended of everything up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom