• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Why is it on the side?

It's made specifically for Japanese (and the few American) crazies who spent hundreds of hours playing MH on PSP like this (such as myself):

PSP_Claw.jpg

For people like us, playing MH and using your left hand for both character and camera movement is second nature. And this gives us a way to do that in a more natural way, instead of having to awkwardly crane our index fingers around the side of the system.

Or you could just buy a new 3DS and not have this giant piece of plastic? I assume the stick is for camera control. I don't really see a point unless you really just want to make holding a 3DS more comfortable.

Also man, maybe I just have to get use to the new 3DS since I've never had a 3DS before, but I find it uncomfortable to hold. I don't really feel like I can have my left hand in a comfortable position for MH where I need to use the stick and dpad pretty often since the dpad controls menus while the stick is for movement. Maybe I just need to get more use to it since I also had pain when first using my Vita about 7-8 months ago.

It's for both camera control and to alleviate the pain in my left hand I get from playing MH for long periods. As you stated in your post, the 3DS is far from ergonomic. It's pretty uncomfortable, so having a grip and camera control is absolutely worth the ~$30 this costs. Especially for something like MH that I'm going to pour hundreds of hours into.

And I'd much rather spend $30 on this than $200 on a N3DSXL (which I absolutely can't afford at all).

Good Morning.

I just imagine Cain just sitting at a table using a controller looking at a tiny handheld screen and it's adorable.

It's not a controller, it's a variant Circle Pad Pro.

Skrams

Two Guys Play? I thought that was Mat, Patt, Moolie, and William.

Well, that's unfortunate.

It's for both camera control and to alleviate the pain in my left hand I get from playing MH for long periods. As you stated in your post, the 3DS is far from ergonomic. It's pretty uncomfortable, so having a grip and camera control is absolutely worth the ~$30 this costs. Especially for something like MH that I'm going to pour hundreds of hours into.

And I'd much rather spend $30 on this than $200 on a N3DSXL (which I absolutely can't afford at all).

I might spring for it if the 3DS is just naturally uncomfortable. I also figured my babby hands might just not be big enough to hold an XL properly enough to use both the circle pad and dpad without any annoyance.

Also yeah, if a new 3DS is out of your budget right now then that's understandable.

It's made specifically for Japanese (and the few American) crazies who spent hundreds of hours playing MH on PSP like this (such as myself):

PSP_Claw.jpg

For people like us, playing MH and using your left hand for both character and camera movement is second nature. And this gives us a way to do that in a more natural way, instead of having to awkwardly crane our index fingers around the side of the system.

Sure thing bud.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I might spring for it if the 3DS is just naturally uncomfortable. I also figured my babby hands might just not be big enough to hold an XL properly enough to use both the circle pad and dpad without any annoyance.

Also yeah, if a new 3DS is out of your budget right now then that's understandable.

You might be better off just getting a grip for the N3DS when they're available. The N3DS is actually a bit bigger than the OG XL, so it wouldn't fit in that one anyway. And the N3DS doesn't support the CPP, so you wouldn't get the added benefit of the second stick even if it did fit.

Rizzi

PSP_Claw.jpg

Ooooh. So it's for crazy people who can't adapt to control schemes that aren't terrible.
Got it. :p

Skrams

So Shoryuken covered the saturday morning scrublords video. Just on case anyone would like to know.

For people who want to read the articley thing.

Just a few paragraphs, but it's cool nonetheless.

You might be better off just getting a grip for the N3DS when they're available. The N3DS is actually a bit bigger than the OG XL, so it wouldn't fit in that one anyway. And the N3DS doesn't support the CPP, so you wouldn't get the added benefit of the second stick even if it did fit.

I didn't know it was even bigger than the original XL. If the pain continues to be a problem then I'll probably buy some kind of grip. I'm going to eventually need it when I play shit like Kid Icarus anyway. Also it would of been neat to have the extra ability of two separate c-sticks, but whatever.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ooooh. So it's for crazy people who can't adapt to control schemes that aren't terrible.
Got it. :p

Well no. It's just that there are so many people in Japan who got used to playing MH that way, a product like this instantly appeals to them. Plus, as I said, it also functions as a (from what I've read) extremely good grip for the 3DS as well.

And, since the R button is used for special attacks and other functions in MH, this allows for full camera control while still having full access to your entire offensive moveset, since you don't have to take your thumb off of the face buttons to adjust the camera, and your right index finger is still free to use the R button.

Emouse

I've figured out why my PS3 and PS4 won't work on my monitor: It somehow can't manage to output at 1080p.

By figured out, I do mean "I know what exactly doesn't work", but I'm still not sure why it's acting this way. Wii U and PC 1080p work fine.

You know what, I was going to suggest you try using them on 720p rather than 1080p but I didn't say anything because I thought it sounded dumb, but hey at least you got it working

Oberon

Banned
I find myself doing the liam things, like playing the devil's advocat when the oppinion in a group is too one sided or correct people when they're tecnically wrong.
I know that some people give him shit for that, but I personally don't mind it.

Archgan

I find myself doing the liam things, like playing the devil's advocat when the oppinion in a group is too one sided or correct people when they're tecnically wrong.
I know that this upsets some people, but whenever there is conversation about something that I have no strong feelings about, I tend to choose the opposite side just because I like discussions and I can usually come up for an argument either way.

Skrams

I don't mind it unless it's for something like Liam correcting Woolie on muscle memory. I'm fine with the devil's advocate approach most of the time unless it's really stretching it just to have multiple sides to look at even if the argument is one sided.

I know that this upsets some people, but whenever there is conversation about something that I have no strong feelings about, I tend to choose the opposite side just because I like discussions and I can usually come up for an argument either way.

I do this as well. If a person complains about a thing then I just naturally look at it from the other persons angle. I know most people want to complain just to have other people agree with them, but I don't care half the time. A discussion about the topic is more interesting than just agreeing with the person for the sake of agreeing.

One Punch Man Shilling. Yes, those mean menacing.

Emouse

It shouldn't matter at all though. I have a 1080p, 75hz monitor, it should just work. I can even put it back to 1080p afterwards and it works.

Also Xrd is pretty rad. Game looks so silky smooth, I love it. Oh and Milia Rage is fucking cool.

Yeah it really should just work, seeing as everything else seems to display fine at 1080p, and u damn right she's fuckin cool

SteveTR

Okay. When the game first came out, I was seven. The only game I played at that point was Zoo Tycoon. Also, I did not own a console back then.

When it came out for the PC, I didn't care about it enough to buy it. I also didn't own a gamepad.

When I got a PS2, it never occured to me that I could literally just ask my parents to buy the game for me.

Okay. When the game first came out, I was seven. The only game I played at that point was Zoo Tycoon. Also, I did not own a console back then.

When it came out for the PC, I didn't care about it enough to buy it. I also didn't own a gamepad.

When I got a PS2, it never occured to me that I could literally just ask my parents to buy the game for me.

BestGAF getting younger by the day.

That's some Liam shit.

I was 7 when RE4 came out too!

demidar

If anyone is interested... There is a translated Persona 1 interview that recently got released.

It's really cool that the Velvet Room was based on the Black Lodge from Twin Peaks.
I should watch Twin Peaks soon...

Well if anyone wants to start watching Twin Peaks, then I recommend listening to the Twin Peaks Rewatch podcast alongside it.

I haven't watched Twin Peaks either. If only I could get that shit on VOD without having to VPN anything.

Idle Thumbs is a great podcast.

SteveTR

You know what Twin Peaks wasn't an inspiration for?

Deadly Premonition.

Twin Peaks also wasn't an inspiration for Alan Wake.

In all seriousness, Deadly Premonition is as close to a video game adaptation of Twin Peaks as you can get without it being a licensed title.

Oberon

Banned

Nordicus

Fuck, fuck. Some people are already streaming their early English copies of DBZ Xenoverse, quite a few DBZ-focused youtube channels are calling it the best game with the license since Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 3, the story mode is full of content and takes about 15 hours, game has co-op missions, and the TeamFourStar Nappa voice is real!

LbgjjTM.jpg

Fuck man, I think I just saw someone make a Dante custom character. Can you get a sword? I bet you can get a sword

You and your trans this and trans that.

Yo, you'll like it once you try it. ;)

Fuck, fuck. Some people are already streaming their early English copies of DBZ Xenoverse, quite a few DBZ-focused youtube channels are calling it the best game with the license since Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi 3, the story mode is full of content and takes about 15 hours, game has co-op missions, and the TeamFourStar Nappa voice is real!

LbgjjTM.jpg

Fuck man, I think I just saw someone make a Dante custom character.

I'm so glad to hear that. It really has been looking to be quite a good DBZ game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom