• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveTR

I'm technically the oldest in my group of friends and my friends often tease me about it. However, when I tell people that I'm a senior, they usually tell me I look like a sophomore. I've had a girl ask me if I'm a freshman.

I guess I'm what they call a late bloomer.

Oberon

Banned
Great, I finally have a week long break and I am sick. Thanks SAObama!
I was as old as the the girl in my avatar when RE4 came out.
I was 8

mrmyhthef

Yeah no I know, just heal yourself and it's f-

ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuck

Beloved is basically just our older sister we treat like a younger sister sometimes.
Something something japanese word for sister

RIP JooseBawcks
death-is-not-a-hunter-unbeknownst-to-its-prey.jpg.jpeg

demidar

I'm technically the oldest in my group of friends and my friends often tease me about it. However, when I tell people that I'm a senior, they usually tell me I look like a sophomore. I've had a girl ask me if I'm a freshman.

I guess I'm what they call a late bloomer.

I am also technically the oldest in my group by one year (my birfday is in December so I got put into the school system late). However, I'm also much shorter and look younger than them because I'm Chinese. I'm about 5"2' (155cm) if I didn't fuck up my conversions.

younger sister> older sister
This is a fact

But older sisters have experience.

Let's stop the train right here.

–Stripping the RNGoddess of her armour and taking a look at the goodies.

Note: I know this works for the GBA games but I can’t guarantee this will work with the later or earlier installments. You can probably test it out using the on map/battle save feature to see if it works. (But I doubt you’ll do that)

I've talked about how the RNG works, but when does it work and how does it work throughout the whole game? The examples I have given previously makes it seem that the RNG will roll after you confirmed an attack for hit percentages and after the EXP meter hits 100 for a level up. This isn't the case at all. In fact, the RNG has rolled out the numbers already. The RN has already been predetermined. If you've used save states to play a Fire Emblem game before, then you should know what I am talking about. Example:
When you attack an enemy and he gets a lucky critical and kills your unit, you go back to the previous save state and attack him the same was as you did before, he will always give a critical for as long as you keep attacking him the same way you've been attacking him the first time. The unit was destined to die in that fight. This can be avoided by manipulating the RNG but that will be covered later. Shulk:-“We can change the future”

RNG Sequence
As I said before, the Random numbers has already been rolled, but where are they stored? They are all stored in a single sequence of numbers. Somewhere in the data, the random numbers are just sitting there in a line waiting to be used. It would look something like this:
21 46 12 5 43 98 97 72 22 7 28 37 6 55 5 38 71 57……… etc. (I used a random number generator for these numbers)

Whenever the RN needs to be used, it will take the numbers starting from the left and use and compare them to whatever needs to be paired with. Time for the biggest example yet:

We’ll use this as our scenario, when you confirm an attack, the Game will take the numbers next in line as the Random Numbers to compare the numbers on screen, and in this case the game will take the first 3 numbers from the left. 2 numbers for the average hit number and the critical.
Red = Numbers in use
Bold = Numbers used and removed from sequence

21 46 12 5 43 98 97 72 22 7 28 37 6 55 5 38 71 57 ……… etc.
The average of 21 and 46 is 34, so the attack will hit since it’s below Lyn’s hit percentage which is 100, then it’ll take the next number which is 12 and compare it to the critical rate which is 3. A critical hit will not initiate since 12 is larger than 3.

21 46 12 5 43 98 97 72 22 7 28 37 6 55 5 38 71 57……… etc.
Next is the Bandit’s counter attack which again takes the next 3 numbers, 5, 43 and 98. The average hit rate is 24 so then Bandit’s counter attack will hit Lyn. Since the Bandit’s critical is 0, it will not initiate.

Lyn can double attack the bandit since she has a lot more speed than him so it uses the next 3 numbers 97, 72 and 22. Lyn will hit and a critical will not initiate.

Now what if she levels up? Same thing applies, take the next 7 numbers and compare them to her grown rates. In this case

HP-70%-7 = +1
STR-40%-28 = +1
SKL-60%-37 = +1
SPD-60%-6 = +1
LUK-55%-55
DEF-20%-5 = +1
RES-30%-38
(That’s a pretty good level up)

The used numbers will be removed to make space for the next sequence of numbers to be used.

I am also technically the oldest in my group by one year (my birfday is in December so I got put into the school system late). However, I'm also much shorter and look younger than them because I'm Chinese. I'm about 5"2' (155cm) if I didn't fuck up my conversions.

But older sisters have experience.

Let's stop the train right here.

Somewhat the same with me, my younger brother is 5 years younger than me and he's a good 10cm taller than me, and i'm the 3rd tallest out of every family member I know.

Okay. I'm about 45 minutes into RE4. One thing I remember about the first PC release is people bitching about the controls. They're not even that bad. Yes, they're not ideal, but they're not bad. The game even refers to the actual keys in the QTEs and whatnot. Seriously.

On release, the mouse controls were terrible. Like, almost unusable.

You move your mouse too fast, the game wouldn't pick it up and your cusor wouldn't move at all

You better have some good reasons for having such a bad opinion.
They care for you and have your best interests in mind, even if you were a little shit to them when you were young. They're a good role model and they're the easiest people to ask regarding life experiences since the age gap is closer than it is with your parents.

Also, I actually have an older sister, so I would know.

marihuanna
latest

Uh, marijewanna is bad, m'kay. You shouldn't DO marijuanna, y'know, because it's bad, m'kay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom