• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything's blocked when you live in SAO.
Watch youtube from within your videogames?
web-displays-2.jpg

Clive -N- Wrench - 3D Action Platformer Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/classicgamejunkie/clive-n-wrench-3d-action-platformer

Banjo Kazoiie x Crash Bandicoot.

The concept art looks shitty but the gameplay looks kinda fun.

Those character designs look like something out of five nights at freddies and the video reminds me of those as seen on TV commercials for kids toys.

Boo Bunny Plague is what I got from it

Emouse

Just watched the first 4 episodes of Gatchaman Crowds, I'm not sure I think about it though? some of the characters are kind of annoying tho

If the Order came out when The PS4 launched it would be in a much better spot than it is now.

It looks like a cinematic showcase launch game.

That 60 dollars would have gone a lot farther to convincing people to play it more.

But it's kind of late to release a game like that after the fact.

Giant Bomb nailed it in its like modern day Dragon Lair for console. There is value in that, but not at 60 dollars and definitely not without any kind of MP or replay ability besides trophies.

It's a shame too because in game cutscenes are pretty.

If the Order came out when The PS4 launched it would be in a much better spot than it is now.

It looks like a cinematic showcase launch game.

That 60 dollars would have gone a lot farther to convincing people to play it more.

But it's kind of late to release a game like that after the fact.

Giant Bomb nailed it in its like modern day Dragon Lair for console. There is value in that, but not at 60 dollars and definitely not without any kind of MP or replay ability besides trophies.

It's a shame too because in game cutscenes are pretty.

If it was a 20 or 30 dollar game, there wouldn't be as much to complain about. I'm trying to relate it to Ground Zeroes and the pricing snafu with that game, but there seems to be a lot more game play and replayability in GZ than in The Order from what I've heard

If it was a 20 or 30 dollar game, there wouldn't be as much to complain about. I'm trying to relate it to Ground Zeroes and the pricing snafu with that game, but there seems to be a lot more game play and replayability in GZ than in The Order from what I've heard

Kojima has more clout then the RaD guys.

Also, Grand Zeroes is fairly non-linear. It's streamlined stealth game mixed with cinematic in game cutscenes.

It's pretty incredible how optimized the Fox Engine is.

I also didn't buy at 40 and waited until it was 30, so yeah.

Also, Grand Zeroes is fairly non-linear. It's streamlined stealth game mixed with cinematic in game cutscenes.

You and everyone else because the game released for 30.

I recall seeing boxed copies for 40 in NY.

Well the game came out in March and Konami announced in Februrary that it was dropping price to 30 (29.99) for PS4/Xbone and 20 (19.99) for PS3/360.

So whoever was in charge of releasing the game in NY obviously didn't get the memo, which is understandable considering how rare it is that a game gets a price drop before it even comes out.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yona of The Dawn is a wonderful deconstruction of the reverse harem genre and is what Inuyasha should have been.

It's really good. Watch it.

Well the game came out in March and Konami announced in Februrary that it was dropping price to 30 (29.99) for PS4/Xbone and 20 (19.99) for PS3/360.

So whoever was in charge of releasing the game in NY obviously didn't get the memo, which is understandable considering how rare it is that a game gets a price drop before it even comes out.

XBL charged 30 for it on release, so... That memo was pretty late then.

beinfilms

I...may have bought that game 3 times (once on PC so I have it at school, once from Japan for PS4, because I like the Kaz box, and once digitally for PS4, since the Japanese version didn't have the English audio.)

MGR:R is 6 1/2 hours long but at least the thing was almost all gameplay, and it had a ton of replay value.

Its a discussion we've gotten into many times, but I could care less if a game is 5-8 hours and 60 dollars as long as its a damn good 5-8 hours. Uncharted 2, Ground Zeroes, MGR were each totally worth every penny they released for.

If the Order was as good as those games, it'd totally be worth the money. But I could care less value-wise if its a 5 hour mediocre game or a 20 hour mediocre game, because I'll probably just drop the 20 hour game after 5 hours of playing it anyway

Its a discussion we've gotten into many times, but I could care less if a game is 5-8 hours and 60 dollars as long as its a damn good 5-8 hours. Uncharted 2, Ground Zeroes, MGR were each totally worth every penny they released for.

If the Order was as good as those games, it'd totally be worth the money. But I could care less value-wise if its a 5 hour mediocre game or a 20 hour mediocre game, because I'll probably just drop the 20 hour game after 5 hours of playing it anyway

If it's 6 hours and framerate drops plus tearing and all of that lovely stuff, I'd doubt you'll want to pay 60 for that same game.

The Order is just releasing too late to be given a fair nod.

I stand by my statement that it should've been a launch title.

If it's 6 hours and framerate drops plus tearing and all of that lovely stuff, I'd doubt you'll want to pay 60 for that same game.

The Order is just releasing too late to be given a fair nod.

I stand by my statement that it should've been a launch title.

You're talking to the wrong person about that. I couldn't give less of a shit about frame rate or screen tearing in most genre of games. Drakengard 3 is pretty awful when it comes to that stuff and I barely noticed it.

But for a kind of game that prides itself as a technical powerhouse, that kind of stuff would be less forgivable to others. Me personally, meh. I've never cared much for that kind of stuff.

I'm on your side of the argument. Obviously if people are strapped for cash, it's up to them to choose what they think is affordable or a "deal of value", but I have the luxury of not caring, I just want it to be really good.

demidar

Back when I was a poor kid with too much time, play time was a big deal when it came to buy a game, which is why I favoured RPGs.

Even now it's a fairly big deal, but there's also lots of great free games as well (like Doter 2).

The best free game is Neogaf.

I've also played so many games now that even stuff like Uncharted 2 bores me to death. Visual fluff doesn't work on me anymore.

You're talking to the wrong person about that. I couldn't give less of a shit about frame rate or screen tearing in most genre of games. Drakengard 3 is pretty awful when it comes to that stuff and I barely noticed it.

But you should understand why people do and how that affects game perception and what price people would pay, especially in console games where gamers can't tweak settings as much as on PC.

But for a kind of game that prides itself as a technical powerhouse, that kind of stuff would be less forgivable to others. Me personally, meh. I've never cared much for that kind of stuff.

Fair enough.

I'm on your side of the argument. Obviously if people are strapped for cash, it's up to them to choose what they think is affordable or a "deal of value", but I have the luxury of not caring, I just want it to be really good.

Back when I was a poor kid with too much time, play time was a big deal when it came to buy a game, which is why I favoured RPGs.

Even now it's a fairly big deal, but there's also lots of great free games as well (like Doter 2).

The best free game is Neogaf.

Back when I was a kid I didn't play video games as much (a lot more of an outdoors person), so I didn't have to worry about that kind of stuff. Most of the games I played were hand me downs from my brother or just stuff I saved up for when I was really young by doing chores and birthday money and shoveling and stuff.

Plus there was always renting from blockbuster which is how I played a lot of my games.

We've all been there ;-;
I fucking love Oldboy though, good film

Yeah but fuck that shitty remake hard though, holy shit.

What a piece of shit. I don't know what I was expecting.

Using Netflix to catch up on some stuff and some of the animes I keep hearing you nerds mention.

I am watching Psychopass and I am wondering what is so bad about it? It's not that bad, and I kinda like it.

Now I am almost caught up with Mario RPG as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom